I bought the physical version - Downloads works

Hello there, as everyone knows Minecraft Story Mode is about to be gone forever from psn store. 

Yesterday (June 6th) I bought both season 1 complete adventure on PS3 and season 2 (season pass disc) on PS4 (both new and sealed).

I can confirm that:

The Complete Adventure on PS3 is really complete on disc. No download required.

The Season 2 (Season Pass Disc) on PS4 sends you to the PSN store and is possible to download all episodes from 2-5. No problem at all.

So if you want to get these platinums the physical version is 100% still functional. I hope it helps anyone interested.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mekktor said:

Do the episodes get added to your download list? Can you download them from your library or only in-game?

You need the disc to start the download, without the disc inside you can't access the download on the store but after that all episodes (2-5) are showing on my library ?

4 hours ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

This is good information, thanks for taking the risk of them not working.

Yeah ? I have to confess I was a little nervous but everything is working perfectly fine. I just don't know if pre-owned/used games work, but I can confirm that sealed/new games work fine!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KoDaX12 said:

What if I buy used physical version after 25? I'm gonna order it but I'm not sure if its gonna arrive before 25.

You might have a bit of a problem. Who knows the information they gave on the Minecraft website is a bit vague.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoDaX12 said:

What if I buy used physical version after 25? I'm gonna order it but I'm not sure if its gonna arrive before 25.

Have same problem.I don't know if it will arrive before june 25 and i can't see how to buy this game,not see a single season pass code on the inthernet.I bought season 1 and doesn't know that season 2 disc not have all episodes on the disc.Will be awful if they not let us play the game even if we have the disc.They need to release complete edition than.People will spend money and will receive only episode 1.

Edited by pavelbagirov
  • Like 1

On 07/06/2019 at 7:07 AM, cinthia_mendes said:

Hello there, as everyone knows Minecraft Story Mode is about to be gone forever from psn store. 

Yesterday (June 6th) I bought both season 1 complete adventure on PS3 and season 2 (season pass disc) on PS4 (both new and sealed).

I can confirm that:

The Complete Adventure on PS3 is really complete on disc. No download required.

The Season 2 (Season Pass Disc) on PS4 sends you to the PSN store and is possible to download all episodes from 2-5. No problem at all.

So if you want to get these platinums the physical version is 100% still functional. I hope it helps anyone interested.

Regarding the Season 2 disc, I just started it up for the first time (brand new and sealed) and it didn't take me to the PSN store when I selected the Season Pass option. It said the season pass was already available and didn't have to download anything. Not sure if this has changed since this initial post, but that's what I discovered.

Edited by Cyvnyde
  • Like 1

On 21.06.2019 at 9:44 PM, Cyvnyde said:

Regarding the Season 2 disc, I just started it up for the first time (brand new and sealed) and it didn't take me to the PSN store when I selected the Episodes option. It said the season pass was already available and didn't have to download anything. Not sure if this has changed since this initial post, but that's what I discovered.

So you say all episodes was in disc or ?

So, the Season Pass option from the main menu says it has been purchased (again, disc version), but you still need to go to Play Episodes and choose whether to start a new adventure or continue from your Season 1 Adventure. After that you'll get an episode list and you'll need to select each individual episode to download.

Was a little bit confusing at first but tried and tested now.

2 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

So, the Season Pass option from the main menu says it has been purchased (again, disc version), but you still need to go to Play Episodes and choose whether to start a new adventure or continue from your Season 1 Adventure. After that you'll get an episode list and you'll need to select each individual episode to download.

So you think after june 25 will be impossible to play season 2 ?Only episode 1?

3 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

Yes I just bought the disk and downloaded these yesterday just in case. ?