I bought the physical version - Downloads works

10 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

What do you mean? At least in german the episodes are still available to download. Same for minecraft season 1 on ps3 and ps4. 

On my USA account they're no longer purchasable, and my Australian friend confirmed they weren't for her either, but let me check my Dutch & German accounts!

I grabbed a bunch of Telltale games on disc today without actually realising that today was the big shutdown day for this game. So I've been going through each game downloading episodes but when I got to Minecraft Season 2 there was no download option for any episode. When I came here to check if they've been taken down already I see people are talking about it as if it's all happening right now. As if the 30 minutes or so that I wasted before could have made the difference between downloading these episodes or not... But then I went back to the game and the download option had appeared. So I can confirm that as of 10 minutes ago the Minecraft Season 2 episodes are still available to be purchased and downloaded using the disc (AU region at least).

06/27/2019 06:16 GMT/UTC+1:

- German PSN account.

- FSK/PEGI branded season pass disc which is a used pre owned copy.

- PSN account which hadn't any contact with Minecraft season 2 episodes before.

Result: All 5 episodes where available through games menu, that means that episodes where listed on PSN and downloading them was possible.

----

- Pre owned or not shouldn't matter because you don't need to redeem a code to get access to the season pass episodes. This should also be true and was true for all other season pass discs >> Only exception should be the Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 Adventure Pass episodes if you don't use the complete adventure version disc.

- It is true everybody can still download episode 1 of MSM S1 and S2 for free through PSN but you can't buy the season pass for both seasons and the ingame menu links for the episodes have no target on PSN because of delisting.

- Theoretical everybody wo bought a season pass for the digital release of MSM S1 or S2 way before the delisting should still be able to download all episodes because the same is true for the already delisted digital version of GoT on PS4 either through games own library (download menu) or through games menu.

PS: For most software products "End of support" in most cases just means that you won't get support if you have problems with the product and the creator will not provide future updates to the product.

Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

So you are saying you don’t need the season pass?

As far as I know do not get the season pass disc or season pass digital download make sure it’s the complete edition.

Unless you don’t want 100% because Season Pass disc is only 1-5 and Complete Edition is 1-8.

Edited by Anxiety
More added.

Just now, igs63 said:

Darn, I didn't realise this was happening. I'll have to check my season 2 disc tomorrow to see if it's still possible to download

It probably won’t be. I’m looking around at topics and people are saying this and that, some are on store some are not. 

7 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

It probably won’t be. I’m looking around at topics and people are saying this and that, some are on store some are not. 

So I wasn't able to sleep on it without checking, just chucked the disc in and went into the game. The episode are still there for me, and they're downloading right now. Phew. ?

AUS region store, by the way, for those wondering.

• Like 1

Season 2 Disc is still working, see this post from me:

Since AT and GER store are both EU stores this should be valid.

---

Comment is for season 1:

Season Pass disc of season 1 seems NOT to be enough to get 100% platinum because the 3 episodes of the adventure pass are not included (6, 7, 8).

You have Season Pass (Disc or Download) BUT no Adventure Pass = No access to 6, 7, 8.

You have Season Pass and Adventure Pass then you have access to download everything, but new players can't buy Season Pass, Adventure Pass or other episodes of the game though PSN because of delisting.

If you are owner of the Complete Adventure Disc you have access to all 8 episodes via the disc and you don't need to download anything.

2 hours ago, Richtoon said:

I’m very confusing.... Eps are still on PS store, it says I can’t download because I do not own season pass disc?! I thought they all got removed from ps store after 25th June?! I have the disc, I’m safe?

See this:

@All: Instead of asking the same question just start reading stuff :)

Edited by Geridian

On 27/06/2019 at 8:12 PM, Geridian said:

See this:

@All: Instead of asking the same question just start reading stuff :)

Thanks! I glad I’m not too late! I have downloaded all DLCs from U.K. PS store no problem! Looking forward to platinum this game. 

• Like 1

Just adding my experience. 

Using the UK disc version

I added the DL's from within the game when I received the disc.  Checking yesterday, I can still redownload them from my download list via pressing down from the main 'start game' screen (the part where you see trophies, friends etc), my actual download library and from the PC download list. 

So for people like me who added the eps before 25th June, we can still DL them (for now) :)

• 3 months later...
On 07/06/2019 at 11:37 AM, cinthia_mendes said:

Hello there, as everyone knows Minecraft Story Mode is about to be gone forever from psn store. 

Yesterday (June 6th) I bought both season 1 complete adventure on PS3 and season 2 (season pass disc) on PS4 (both new and sealed).

I can confirm that:

The Complete Adventure on PS3 is really complete on disc. No download required.

The Season 2 (Season Pass Disc) on PS4 sends you to the PSN store and is possible to download all episodes from 2-5. No problem at all.

So if you want to get these platinums the physical version is 100% still functional. I hope it helps anyone interested.

I am unable to download season 2-5 even after getting the season pass edition. 

• 2 months later...

On 10/4/2019 at 3:52 PM, Akhil1234 said:

I am unable to download season 2-5 even after getting the season pass edition. 

Are you using an account from the same country as the disc? I've managed to download episodes from both the US store (US disc) and AUS store (AUS disc) :)