Crash Nitro Fueled Trophy Thoughts

2 hours ago, BHK3 said:

It's going to come down to a lot of things. I don't know how the game feels, if they messed with the game like how Insanity trilogy got messed with then yea I'll be struggling with it like everyone else. But I played crash games and CTR to death when I was little, if Insane trilogy didn't get it's physics and hitboxes reworked I could platinum that series with 1 hand. I still have the hot air balloon track almost memorized in my head along with the 2(?) temple tracks from how much I played it. 

I never did speedruns, nor know anything about the dozen or so different boosting types/methods/tricks, I don't know how much of any of that is required to beat Oxides time. Watching @MMDE videos linked earlier, if that's all you need to do to get a good time then I should be fine. The other video with the penguin(wasn't in the USA version) and they are changing racers stats so everyone's in a 'class' now, it can just be a factor that the game got harder and easier at the same time.

CTR isn't a new game, Oxide isn't some mysterious alien where it'll taken the human race decades of research on how to beat his time trials. Speedrunners that demo'd the game said it's pretty close to the original, and their looking for a ton of minutiae that none of us would notice. That means...just watch a youtube video of the ps1 game lol. Unless I'm taken way off guard I don't believe *I* will have a hard time beating the time trials. 

It's just a go kart game starring an orange marsupial ya'll need to chill out lol. 

To be perfectly frank, the time trials are not easy. If it plays like the original, the platinum is going to be like 7-8/10 or something IMO. It's harder than the main series Crash games.

AFAIK the Oxide ghost uses a better kart, and it does really good runs using all the normal shortcuts. Maybe I suck, but Oxide on one track could take me many hours, and on certain tracks it can take a day or more. Beating N. Tropy is one thing, Oxide is often another.

You do need to master the drifting, which is easy enough, but you gotta know exactly where to drive and where to drift for the most out of it. Furthermore, jumping and landing can give you boost, which is very useful in some cases, like you can beat Oxide on Tiny Arena without drifting at all, but that's a unique case with all it's bumps. A lot of where you can really purchase some time towards beating Oxide is through the bumps I feel, that along with great driving and drifting.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I've been playing on the switch a few hours and after trying to beat the oxide ghost I'd say is more difficult now. For example in papu pyramid I take the last shortcut without any issues in the original, but in this one it seems tougher to steer the kart coming out of the third boost so getting the kart in the right direction for the jump is harder. We will have to get used to this.

Also all the new circuits from nitro kart are now on the time trial section and have the two stars near the circuit name so the trophy will probably require oxide to be beaten in every circuit, not only the classic ones.

Another thing I'd like to comment on is the hard difficulty of the adventure mode. I jumped in directly on hard thinking very high of myself and I got destroyed on crash cove (first race). The AI is too fast, you almost can't catch up with them even with a mask on, I've tried many times already and finishing second is the best I could do. This is gonna be though, you have to be boosting the whole race, taking all the shortcuts and praying that you are not destroyed by the missiles, nitros and beakers... I don't wanna see the bosses in this difficulty. Though is true that crash cove doesn't have many shortcuts to take advantage of, I tried roo's tubes and I could manage to win on the first try, but that was only possible because of the last shortcut.

And the CTR challenge require to take CTR letters and then win, so it will be even harder.

I got the 101% on the original several times and I kept playing until now. I beat oxide ghost easily on there so I consider myself above average level in this game, just so you can measure what my words about the difficulty really mean.

Edited by SPCyclops
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, SPCyclops said:

I got the 101% on the original several times and I kept playing until now. I beat oxide ghost easily on there so I consider myself above average level in this game, just so you can measure what my words about the difficulty really mean.

Beat Oxide easily on PS1? Eh, it never was that easy, maybe you're just remembering wrong. Tropy is easy, Oxide is often not as easy.

Which of the shortcuts in Papu Pyramid? There's several of them. The most standard one, I often didn't even use it, because it does require rather correct driving to get on top of, and you didn't really need to do it, because of a latter shortcut, but it does help doing it one or two times.

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Which of the shortcuts in Papu Pyramid? There's several of them. The most standard one, I often didn't even use it, because it does require rather correct driving to get on top of, and you didn't really need to do it, because of a latter shortcut, but it does help doing it one or two times.

Get used to using both of them.

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

Beat Oxide easily on PS1? Eh, it never was that easy, maybe you're just remembering wrong. Tropy is easy, Oxide is often not as easy.

It wasn't easy at first, but it got to a point that I could do it with little retrying needed. I've played the original to death.

The shortcut that I mean is the last one. The one which you use the uphill to jump to the right and you land just before the goal, skipping the last 180 turn. Oxide uses this shortcut (I learned it from him actually)

On 18/06/2019 at 0:58 PM, SPCyclops said:

I've been playing on the switch a few hours and after trying to beat the oxide ghost I'd say is more difficult now. For example in papu pyramid I take the last shortcut without any issues in the original, but in this one it seems tougher to steer the kart coming out of the third boost so getting the kart in the right direction for the jump is harder. We will have to get used to this.

Also all the new circuits from nitro kart are now on the time trial section and have the two stars near the circuit name so the trophy will probably require oxide to be beaten in every circuit, not only the classic ones.

Another thing I'd like to comment on is the hard difficulty of the adventure mode. I jumped in directly on hard thinking very high of myself and I got destroyed on crash cove (first race). The AI is too fast, you almost can't catch up with them even with a mask on, I've tried many times already and finishing second is the best I could do. This is gonna be though, you have to be boosting the whole race, taking all the shortcuts and praying that you are not destroyed by the missiles, nitros and beakers... I don't wanna see the bosses in this difficulty. Though is true that crash cove doesn't have many shortcuts to take advantage of, I tried roo's tubes and I could manage to win on the first try, but that was only possible because of the last shortcut.

And the CTR challenge require to take CTR letters and then win, so it will be even harder.

If Papu’s Pyramid last shortcut is difficult to steer, this means that they have removed the Hard Turn while in mid air (R1+Square). Never seen it in recent gameplays, which means people don’t know who to use it OR devs ignored it.

CTR challenges requires you to finish first, like the original, so it’s not “harder”, it still the same.

Adventure mode on hard is HARD. Maybe it's because I haven't played CTR since it came out 2 decades ago but I can't beat the first race. I always come last. I'm going to play through adventure mode on classic first then hopefully I'll have the skill to attempt hard mode. It was definitely a surprise. I think this platinum could be rather challenging.

9 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Thanks.

You really expect the guide to be done on day 1? With all Oxide Trials? Well... that's asking for much I think.

Just kidding. Of course it will be available day 1 :P

Does the game require two playthroughs, one on normal adventure mode and second on hard?

Beating all Oxide time trials on oldschool CTR maps or also on the rest?

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

Does the game require two playthroughs, one on normal adventure mode and second on hard?

Beating all Oxide time trials on oldschool CTR maps or also on the rest?

You can play hard from the start. But it was pretty tough if you've not played CTR before or in a long time.

Why does it look like they made it a lot easier to access shortcuts on PS4T shortcut video? It was supposed to be a shortcut only when you've mastered how to do it, if you had low speed and pressed jump wrong you would be punished and fail... Now you can reach shortcuts without any speed at all. Do they want every normal-skilled single racer to just be using shortcuts all the time?

Nah, they have shown how to do it with Speed characters, because they have already enough power to get there without boosting too much. In original it was the same, I think.
Anyway, PowerPyx released the list of Oxide's times in Time Trials and... Beenox cranked some of those UP. I am terrified, because Dragon Mines are looking insane. (still, glad because driving model looks exact).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mayadome said:

Adventure mode on hard is HARD. Maybe it's because I haven't played CTR since it came out 2 decades ago but I can't beat the first race. I always come last. I'm going to play through adventure mode on classic first then hopefully I'll have the skill to attempt hard mode. It was definitely a surprise. I think this platinum could be rather challenging.

I'm pretty sure the AI starts rubberbanding really hard on hard mode, which is probably what makes it even more difficult.

2 hours ago, princefan2407 said:

Nah, they have shown how to do it with Speed characters, because they have already enough power to get there without boosting too much. In original it was the same, I think.
Anyway, PowerPyx released the list of Oxide's times in Time Trials and... Beenox cranked some of those UP. I am terrified, because Dragon Mines are looking insane. (still, glad because driving model looks exact).

Makes sense, thanks

1 hour ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Oh my shittinghell YES!  Game has just landed I didnt think it was here until tomorrow!  I am more excited than a fat kid on christmas day with 10 selection boxes of chocolate!!!!! 1f606.png And now to think of an excuse to gome home sick from work 1f44d.png

Damn apparently GameStop here is selling the physical copy today already... Why did I choose the digital ?

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Any news on predatory practices?

Apparently unlocks are pretty grindy. New racers, costumes, etc are around 1.5-4k gold coins and you only get 20-40 per race. I can't see any way to "pay-to-win" gold coins though so who knows. Also not sure if they can be unlocked by other means like beating adventure mode.