Crash Nitro Fueled Trophy Thoughts

3 hours ago, Mayadome said:

Apparently unlocks are pretty grindy. New racers, costumes, etc are around 1.5-4k gold coins and you only get 20-40 per race. I can't see any way to "pay-to-win" gold coins though so who knows. Also not sure if they can be unlocked by other means like beating adventure mode.

Activision on box

Predatory practices 

Annoying trophies 

Yeah.... I'm out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mayadome said:

Apparently unlocks are pretty grindy. New racers, costumes, etc are around 1.5-4k gold coins and you only get 20-40 per race. I can't see any way to "pay-to-win" gold coins though so who knows. Also not sure if they can be unlocked by other means like beating adventure mode.

https://old.reddit.com/r/crashbandicoot/comments/c2ruw7/how_wumpa_coins_rewards_work_in_ctrnf/

51 minutes ago, Gundam-J25 said:

I platinumed Sonic Racing pretty easily but I can't even beat the first race on hard for CTR after like 20 tries lmao

Yep, same here. 2nd place was my best on crash cove, imma need to git gud.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cik93 said:

Developers must be insane.

This is a complete mess: hard mode is impossible, unlock just Tropy is impossible, Tropy time trial is impossible, i can’t imagine Oxide.

This game really needs to be “nerfed”.

I just completed the whole "Hard Mode" in pretty much like 5 retries, how can you call it impossible? Tropy times are easy too. Oxide however is where the real struggle is. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The rewards are not grindy at all. Winning a full-lobby online race gives you like 400 coins for a single win. And 4 wins for a costume are more thank ok if you ask me.

I just finnished a race on 4th place and won 300 coins :o

Was thinking about finishing all trophies on easy difficulty beside 'Yeeee HAW!' of course, then make second run (only basic stuff needed to finish adventure mode) to plat it on hard. Any thoughts bout that? Will this work out or not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LaWiToR said:

I just completed the whole "Hard Mode" in pretty much like 5 retries, how can you call it impossible? Tropy times are easy too. Oxide however is where the real struggle is. 

Tried 100 times first level on first area, turbo boosts, masks, but no, my RNG opponents are not so kind like yours.

So yes, it’s impossible.

16 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Yup, I noticed online gives way more coins. I was getting like 250-500 per race. It seems unlocks are completely unfeasible if you don't play online races.

3 hours ago, Norava said:

So, if I was able to unlock T.T. in Diddy Kong Racing back in the day, would I be able to platinum this with no problem?

Probably. Honestly this game feels on par with Diddy Kong Racing. Maybe a bit harder on hard but I remember Diddy Kong Racing being pretty darn hard in the later levels.

6 hours ago, Angelo Urkel said:

So, Sonic TR is easier than this one? I wanna buy one of them and it should be the easier one.

TSR is ridiculously easy compared to this. There's nothing hard in that game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Isswald said:

Was thinking about finishing all trophies on easy difficulty beside 'Yeeee HAW!' of course, then make second run (only basic stuff needed to finish adventure mode) to plat it on hard. Any thoughts bout that? Will this work out or not.

That's what I did, works perfectly

3 hours ago, Mayadome said:

TSR is ridiculously easy compared to this. There's nothing hard in that game.

I'm sure it's much less difficult than this game but TSR is not without its frustrations. Having to rely on AI teammates to be able to win races, especially Grand Prixs, and the AI opponents ganging up on you and spinning you out constantly can be maddening. Some of the challenges are tough for the average player as well. 

Edited by Killbomb

6 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

I'm sure it's much less difficult than this game but TSR is not without its frustrations. Having to rely on AI teammates to be able to win races, especially Grand Prixs, and the AI opponents ganging up on you and spinning you out constantly can be maddening. Some of the challenges are tough for the average player as well. 

Agree TSR was a 7-8/10 difficulty at times. All the expert events that do cheap things against you and team-mates getting last place. The Platinums (mostly the ring events and daredevil events) are all very strict.

34 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Guys.. What's needed for 101%?  I've completed all trophies, gems, relics etc and beaten N.Oxide a 2nd time. Still 100%

Do you have gold relics are sapphire? I heard that gold relics give you that extra point, but I've only collected a total of two sapphire relics so far.

9 hours ago, cik93 said:

Tried 100 times first level on first area, turbo boosts, masks, but no, my RNG opponents are not so kind like yours.

So yes, it’s impossible.

You also said N.Tropy is impossible which have fixed times so you cant blame RNG.  Check my video of Oxide trial and on the first map, perhaps it helps. 

Edited by LaWiToR

I just completed the adventure mode on Hard, trophy popped after the first Oxide boss battle. I only did the normal 16 races plus bosses, nothing else

Hardest map was definitely Crash Cove lol, after Ripper Roo all the other maps are quite easy on Hard difficulty. Have faith people!

Characters I used: Fake Crash, N.Oxide and Komodo Joe

Edited by Erkawest