Crash Nitro Fueled Trophy Thoughts

For adventure mode on hard, I'd say the tracks with actual shotcuts on them tend to be the hardest actually. After beating crash cove i was not looking forward to Dingo Canyon... and the bots weren't even close to me on it. 

For anyone seriously struggling just to try to beat n trophy on all the time trials, after that you should at least be competitive with the hard bots. Not sure if i'm totally accurate but they tend to finish in around that time. 

23 minutes ago, Ruukan said:

For adventure mode on hard, I'd say the tracks with actual shotcuts on them tend to be the hardest actually. After beating crash cove i was not looking forward to Dingo Canyon... and the bots weren't even close to me on it. 

Yeah same, Dingo Canyon was surprisingly easy. I only struggled with the first few maps and the rest I could do on 1-2 tries

I really am loving this remaster! Though I do feel like it's a bit more difficult than the original? I'm currently going through Classic Mode first and I remember having less of a difficulty of getting through the game at all, not races, not CTR collecting runs nor the crystal runs (I never did the time trials back when I was younger so can't judge there).

Still enjoying it though and will definitely try get platinum :) 
Will be quite a challenge though I think, seeing as you gotta beat the Time Trial times of both NT and Oxyde... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

The Penta Penguin cheat is useful to unlock which trophies in a easier way?

Was good for roo’s tubes and mystery caves (at least for me), thought to proceed hard mode adventure with this, until i tried sewer speedway (totally bugged and unbalanced) with unreachable shortcut (reached 2 times out of 50 tries).

Edited by cik93
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DarkAnimaa said:

Is it possible to get N. Tropy and Oxide’s trophies at the same time?

@MMDE tagging you since you know the answer.

I don't think it's possible, since you have to beat Tropy first to unluck Oxide's ghost. The powerpyx's guide says it too.

Btw, wich characters are the best for the time trials? I have seen some videos with Coco and Tiger, but they have different stats.

Edited by samuel_hsc

49 minutes ago, samuel_hsc said:

I think it isn't possible, since you have to beat Tropy first to unluck Oxide's ghost. The powerpyx's guide says it too.

Btw, wich characters are the best for the time trials? I have seen some videos with Coco and Tiger, but they have different stats.

Speed characters like Tiny, Penta Penguin, Dingodile 

First time posting here.

I bought Nitro-Fueled day of release and am making my way through Adventure Mode on Hard.  I must say it's...difficult.  I currently have 14/16 trophies and am stuck at Hot Air Skyway.  I just have to ask -- is the AI programmed to drive faster than you on this difficulty?  If so, that's just blatantly unfair.  It's one thing for it to be challenging; it's another to give the AI an unfair advantage.  The original was difficult because the AI was programmed to drive intelligently, not because they were literally faster than you!

For reference, I played the original for years and nearly mastered it -- the only things I never did was get all gold/platinum relics and beat Oxide's Time Trials.  I have a sneaking suspicion they made Nitro-Fueled as difficult as it is so that CTR veterans wouldn't beat it in a day.

• Like 1

After playing through the campaign on easy, getting 100%, completing a few oxide times and beating Roo on hard, I think this is a very solid 8-9/10 for the plat. I expect the time to be over 100 hours (highly skill dependent). You really need to master the track completely to come close to those times. I was spending hours per track to beat the oxide time.

I'm hoping they address the jumping while turbocharging. I'm pretty confident that it is not working properly, which is making this more difficult.

1 hour ago, redquarter872 said:

First time posting here.

I bought Nitro-Fueled day of release and am making my way through Adventure Mode on Hard.  I must say it's...difficult.  I currently have 14/16 trophies and am stuck at Hot Air Skyway.  I just have to ask -- is the AI programmed to drive faster than you on this difficulty?  If so, that's just blatantly unfair.  It's one thing for it to be challenging; it's another to give the AI an unfair advantage.  The original was difficult because the AI was programmed to drive intelligently, not because they were literally faster than you!

For reference, I played the original for years and nearly mastered it -- the only things I never did was get all gold/platinum relics and beat Oxide's Time Trials.  I have a sneaking suspicion they made Nitro-Fueled as difficult as it is so that CTR veterans wouldn't beat it in a day.

Yes, they drive faster than you. I wouldn't call it unfair though. Once you master boosting they're not too difficult to beat, and it is hard difficulty after all - it's not unreasonable for the devs to expect you to be proficient in a fundamental game system (boosting) before you can beat it. That's what makes it hard, after all.

For the record, I started the game on Hard and got my ass kicked repeatedly. I had to play through on Easy to get to grips with things and now I'm playing through on Hard without too much bother.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LoughNessMonster said:

Yes, they drive faster than you. I wouldn't call it unfair though. Once you master boosting they're not too difficult to beat, and it is hard difficulty after all - it's not unreasonable for the devs to expect you to be proficient in a fundamental game system (boosting) before you can beat it. That's what makes it hard, after all.

For the record, I started the game on Hard and got my ass kicked repeatedly. I had to play through on Easy to get to grips with things and now I'm playing through on Hard without too much bother.

I knew it!

Well...looks as if Imma have to find a way to boost more...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

Have they nerfed Wumpa time? Only getting 200-300 coins per win... seems like they cut it by 50% from previous 400-600-800

Nerfed coins, but not time trials and hard mode ?

at least i was able to complete hard mode, now i understand why was impossible.

Hardest levels are:

- full N Sanity Beach (totally unbalanced)

- Tiny Arena

- N Gin Labs

- Hot Air Skyway

Bosses are easy.

And i can confirm it’s totally luck-based, especially with items. Used always turbo-boosts and best strategies but result almost fully depends by luck.

Started time trials, same mess.

The only one level (not easy obvs) is Tiger Temple, where i got unlocked tropy, tropy time and oxide time with first attempt for each.

Edited by cik93

On 6/22/2019 at 5:08 PM, westersburg said:

Are there different stats for the different drivers or can you just do all the races with crash?

There are 4 stats categories: speed, acceleration, turning and balanced.

You can do any track with any character you like to get the trophies :)

Edited by A1rPun

On 6/14/2019 at 1:00 PM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Better play the game before you post bullshit like this lol

I want to see you get this "Piss Easy Platinum".

On 6/17/2019 at 3:26 PM, TurtlePM said:

Crash and Spyro are completely different in terms of platinum. You just need to collect everything in Spyro while Crash requires skill to complete each level under a specific time.

Also, you don’t know if @BHK3 already mastered all time trials in the original... maybe that’s why (s)he said it’s easy. If the game plays exactly like the original, even if they changed the Oxide times, I can assure you that the platinum will be easy (for us, not everyone, I do understand that most people haven’t played the game or don’t play the game a long time ago, but veterans can do it easily without much trouble).

On 6/16/2019 at 5:37 PM, BloodyRutz said:

This is going to be so much fun ?1f44c-1f3fb.png Same thing happened with Sekiro. Some "tough" guy was bragging about how it's gonna "separate men from boys" and people will need to "git gud" and some other stupid shit like that before the game even came out.

Two months later after the release people were still roasting him in his original thread that he wasn't even able to get past the second boss.

Any Questions? I'm here to help. 4.5/10 difficulty. If this was the original CTR it'd be a 3. 

b8ce94ef94.jpg

Edited by BHK3

12 minutes ago, BHK3 said:

Any Questions? I'm here to help. 4.5/10 difficulty. If this was the original CTR it'd be a 3. 

Reveal hidden contents

b8ce94ef94.jpg

I know thats not the real point of your post but i might have a few questions :D

Which character did you choose for time trial or hard mode ? 

I played the whole adventure with penta penguin and i feel like he is not gonna be a good character on most races.