Crash Nitro Fueled Trophy Thoughts

22 minutes ago, LoughNessMonster said:

He had to take regular breaks so he could constantly remind everyone how easy it was.

EXACTLY

39 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Took you a while getting this piss easy platinum. With how you described the game I'd expect you to be done in 1 day.

Ahhh refreshing. Keep hating 

1 hour ago, Shorah- said:

I know thats not the real point of your post but i might have a few questions :D

Which character did you choose for time trial or hard mode ? 

I played the whole adventure with penta penguin and i feel like he is not gonna be a good character on most races.

Coco or Dingodile. Right now the stats don't really make any sense because for example if you pick a balanced character(crash) you'll see he's slower than Coco despite having a higher speed stat. Coco(acceleration class) is your true catch all racer, you can use her for everything and do pretty well. I used her for Adventure Mode hard because the only course with tight turns is Cortex Castle and Oxide Station. For time trials it was 90% Coco and 10% Dingodile. I picked Dingo because he's a little slimmer than Tiny so you can still see in front of yourself if you're using the close camera option like I was. The Speed class(Tiny, Dingodile, N.tropy and others) can turn on a DIME when you hop. Use these guys if turning is what you're struggling with, their turning and drifting is a little 'sloppier' though.

I would leave Adventure Hard mode for last. Everyone seems to have the same complaint about the AI yet they don't mention the time trials assumingly because they rage quit. The time trials for whatever reason are harder than they were in the original CTR, Oxide's been practicing and shaved off a few seconds on all his times. Because of this, I would do Time Trials first because they will make you into a lean mean racing machine. 

One big caveat is that all the Nitro Kart tracks are required for the trials. The Nitro tracks are very different from Team Racing, they are much wider, longer and have way more Blue Turbo pads. Oxide has near perfect times for some of these tracks. 

Once you're done with the trials you will leave the AI in your dust. Oxide might still be a problem but so long as you get in front of any boss, you will win unless you crash a lot. I did all the trials and had adventure mode done right after easily. If there's a specific track you struggle with let me know. 

Edited by BHK3

So there is no difference between Penta Penguin and Tiny Tiger? I saw on the PowerPyx guide that he used Tiny for some and Penta for other. He also used Tiny in Cortex Castle lol, it went way easier with Coco on that track.

51 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

So there is no difference between Penta Penguin and Tiny Tiger? I saw on the PowerPyx guide that he used Tiny for some and Penta for other. He also used Tiny in Cortex Castle lol, it went way easier with Coco on that track.

Sellers drove Tiny, I drove Penta and Coco. It was simply based on personal preference.

• Like 2

I’m gathering all Platinum relics atm and I gotta say: thank god they didn’t add these to the platinum trophy. These are, without any doubt, way harder then Oxide time trials. Oxide makes mistakes or looses speed in one lap or another, these test your skills to the limit.

I spent one hour on Papu’s Pyramid because that stupid random jump. If it goes fast, he jumps over it. Each lap is a test, if you mess up, you screwed.

Another one that I always did my first time with ANY character was Dingo’s Canyon without breaking every boxes. This time, because of the “gourgeous vistas” and “imaginary recreation”, devs decided to add some props (like skulls and fences) that have a f*cking huge hitbox. That first 3+ second crate on the left is next to a stupid fence? Who was the moron that thought it was a good ideia to be “creative” in that particular place, with a crate that saves the match? -_- 

After almost 2 weeks of blood and sweat, i got finally platinum (also the 100th) winning my last oxide track, dragon mines, probably the most unfair level in the game.

I can confirm, also after the platinum, that this game needs a nerf, cause there are too many wrong, unbalanced and overall unfair things, and adapt yourself is the only thing you can do (this part is dedicated to people who have fun griefing with “git gud” “crybaby” other players).

i think an “easier”, NOT easy or medium difficulty for every track can tempt players more to try to earn this platinum.

Edited by cik93