Thoroughly enjoyed Late Shift

Sifferino

I really, really enjoyed this game! Good story, good acting and very interesting to see how the story branches! I picked it up during one of the many PSN sales for a low price, didn’t really look into it much. Wow, it certainly turned out to be a hidden gem. After my first playthrough I immediately wanted to replay with different choices. Eventually I couldn’t resist trying all choices, which had little to do with trophies and everything with my curiosity. I would suggest trophy hunters do their first playthrough blind as well. Much more fun. 

I doubt this game is well known and I hope more gamers give this title a shot. It’s a genre with few titles and I’d love it if success meant more of ‘em. I’ve already purchased everything else Wales Interactive has published as a result ☺️

Suggestions for similar games are very much welcome. I really like interactive movies like this. 

• Like 4

Sounds like there’s these games, they are just not on the PS4... that’s a bummer. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

I just browsed through the Days of Play games on PSN and spotted Hidden Agenda. Might get that. And Detroit at some point. 

Edited by Sifferino
Typo

Late Shift is one of my personal favourites. I actually ranked it as my #1 indie game from 2017 that I played, which was a tough decision cos of the amount of indie games I play haha. 

But, in terms of good stories, What Remains Of Edith Finch is certainly worth checking out. The Bunker is by the same people behind Late Shift but I know you have that already. I'd also recommend a little known game called Massira, which has branching storylines at some points too, but I think that game is only available in the EU region at this time. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

But, in terms of good stories, What Remains Of Edith Finch is certainly worth checking out. The Bunker is by the same people behind Late Shift but I know you have that already. I'd also recommend a little known game called Massira, which has branching storylines at some points too, but I think that game is only available in the EU region at this time. 

Oh I loved What Remains of Edith Finch too, what a treat! Massira, I just checked that out. It intrigues me, I’ve added it to my wishlist. 

Have you played Oxenfree? 

8 hours ago, Sifferino said:

Oh I loved What Remains of Edith Finch too, what a treat! Massira, I just checked that out. It intrigues me, I’ve added it to my wishlist. 

Have you played Oxenfree? 

Fair enough. Massira has quite a few collectibles, so I'd recommend using a guide for those if you need one. 

As for Oxenfree, I've had it on my library for some time, but never played. 

25 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

As for Oxenfree, I've had it on my library for some time, but never played. 

I know, so much backlog! It is really awesome though.  I immediately fell for the art style and stayed for the story. Recommended.