Online Pass?

Like many others I'm trying to get at least the main game online 2 trophy's out of the way.

I downloaded the free to play multiplayer game earlier to get the competitive game out of the way, however when I try to launch a co-op game from the free to play it tell me to buy the actual game. So far so good. I insert my old UC3 disc to launch the game, however if I launch the online section of the game it tells me "You need an Online Pass to access Multiplayer". I tried to enter my online pass but it doesn't take (it might be a second hand copy, I don't remember), buying an online pass from the store seems not to work anymore either so I'm kind of stuck.

Free to play multiplayer doesn't allow co-op and the real game requires an online pass for co-op (that I don't have).

Has anyone had a similar problem and did you manage to fix it? I can't really find anything about this issue online at first glance.

• Like 1

The online pass isn't available on the store anymore (not in the UK anyway), but it is included in one of the free packs Naughty Dog listed after the server closure announcement. You'll have to use the browser store to find these packs though, as they don't show up on the ps3 store. Obtain all packs and then go to your download list on the ps3 and the network pass will be in there somewhere, among the other 400 Uncharted 3 items!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lumibella said:

So can you get the Buddy System trophy via the F2P version if you download all those free packs? 

From what I gather from AstroFlibble's post you can just DL the (3?) free packs and the pass should be in there...

I was going to try that earlier but then the store wouldn't co-op with me. I'll try again tomorrow... thanks for the tip at least.

Edited by ReverzEffect
Typo

13 hours ago, AstroFlibble said:

The online pass isn't available on the store anymore (not in the UK anyway), but it is included in one of the free packs Naughty Dog listed after the server closure announcement. You'll have to use the browser store to find these packs though, as they don't show up on the ps3 store. Obtain all packs and then go to your download list on the ps3 and the network pass will be in there somewhere, among the other 400 Uncharted 3 items!!

This is totally correct! Just do not waste your time trying to find it via www, it is easier via "Download list" in "Transaction Management" on PS3 since you can easily find it by the icon of Network Pass.

I downloaded the online pass from the free DLC and installed it, but its still asking me to redeem or buy it, but there is no option to buy it... 

EDIT
Never-mind, I downloaded the wrong thing lol, its all good

Edited by blueice48

On 8-6-2019 at 10:40 AM, Smashero said:

This is totally correct! Just do not waste your time trying to find it via www, it is easier via "Download list" in "Transaction Management" on PS3 since you can easily find it by the icon of Network Pass.

Thank you for that tip. I finally managed to track down the network pass in that huge list of downloads. I was only after the two online trophies for the main game and I have those now. So that's another plat secured for the future ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasper2005M said:

i cant find the online pass in the free dlc, help?

using physical disc

It should be in pack 3 which I could only find on the browser store. Rather than downloading all the cosmetic items just scroll down your download list on the PS3 until you find it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kasper2005M said:

i cant find the online pass in the free dlc, help?

using physical disc

Same here. To me it looks like the packs in the EU store and US store have different content. The online pass doesn't seem to be included in the US mega pack, so disc version won't work. The Multiplayer F2P version doesn't detect I have Co-Op installed so I can't play Co-Op. Guess I have to buy the online pass then, which sucks because it is still full price ($10). Anyone from the US find a solution?

Edit: Found a workaround. Delete all of the US Uncharted 3 game data and reinstall everything off of a European account, which will get the online pass for free. Then load up the Uncharted 3 F2P Multiplayer. Stupid, but works. And it detects the co-op too!

Edited by Empovyle
  • Like 1