• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After four straight days of practicing this challenge 12 hours+ each day, I finally was able to beat this sucker with a time of 31:39:46 

Not the best time in the world, but I could care less. I had such an emotional feeling after beating this, but this was also a great way to snag my first platinum of 2020. Better yet a new decade :P 

As much of a pain this challenge was, I still love this game very much and was definitely one of my most favorite games of this past decade. 

If the trophy list remains the same for the upcoming PS4 Port, I may decide to stack this game in the near future. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

21 minutes, 48 seconds.

More than half of it was on Wave 5. I spent several minutes just boost rolling (L2 + X) to avoid the two bogeys from putting my suit into overdrive, which happened to me over 100 times when I was going for this challenge.

Very difficult but also very doable. It took me upwards of 10 to 12 hours or so to beat Challenge 6. That's to be expected.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I remember my time was over 25 minutes and my heart was pounding when i finally beat it.. that was years ago and now i've been fool enough to buy the ps4 version.. rarity for this trophy have jump over the 5% on this console and prolly because people knew what was the challenge and it wasn't a ps plus freebie.

I see that there's even a JP and CH version.. i wonder if someone did them all lol ?

• Like 1

After trying on and off for more than eight years I finally beat it back in March 2020. My time was 26:10.20 (I took a picture and still have it saved in my phone). Like many others, my heart was pounding near the end and I had to pause it and take a break, walk around the house for a few minutes and calm down. It was one of the hardest plats I've ever earned.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

10 years in April since I did this and I can remember the morning I completed it like it was yesterday.

I’d spent almost the entire Saturday trying and failing, getting further away from actually completing it as the day wore on.

Logged on Monday morning for another go after a 24 hour break and did it first time. It’s hard to walk away from a challenge like this when your going for it but so often it seems a break is actually more beneficial. More fresh and alert.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2011 at 4:11 AM, Platisfaction said:

A lot of ppl on this site have the Vanquish :plat: ... maybe because this site has so many 1337 members :D Anyway, as the title says, post you best time for challenge six. I beat this during the PSN outage, so my time does not show up on the leaderboard :shakefist:

But I took a photo of this moment of triumph:

2011-05-10191026.jpg

I know this isn't exactly fast, but I was so happy that I finally made it... and I couldn't be arsed to beat my own time :P

you made it.  that's all that matters :)