What is the most effort you've put into a single trophy only to not earn it?

On 8‏/6‏/2019 at 2:35 AM, Fr_0zt said:

Mein Leben on Wolf2 do to crashing, freezing, bullshitery, etc.

Fuck that game, the trophy and the makers.

Nah, that's a ridiculous excuse as it's not true at all. I jumped right into Mein Leben instead of practicing in "I am death incarnate" so it really took me many tries, I also used to left the game running in midnight while sleeping or whenever I'm out.. yet never crashed or froze on me or anything, and yeah I've the original PS4 which I got on launch late 2013

I did it once, reached the end of the game many times and I'm confident enough that I can beat it again cuz there's no such a thing

Anyway, for me it was

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1613-one-piece-pirate-warriors/35-were-running-away-we-stole-some-gold

The game was so grindy, I got bored and gave up on it. That could've been my first platinum instead of TWD smh

• Like 2

GTA4's Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic for me.

So close to it but I just can't be bothered to go and finish it off. If it was still possible to get an MP game maybe I would but I'd almost certainly have to boost it and I just cannae be bothered.

6 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Is there any way to do that? I just checked out the forums for that game and am super impressed by your dedication to this game.

There is actually! There's a tool to open up pkg's, but you need to know the password. To get the password you need CFW on your PS4, so that's not an option for me. Alternately, if a pirate does that, they can resign the PKG with a default password so that other CFW users can play the game. But this game is probably so unpopular that it'll never get pirated (unpopular bad game = best DRM?).

Unfortunately, opening the pkg isn't even the last hurdle. Once inside, I have no clue what the game files will look like and so no idea how easy/possible it'll be to reverse the game files to find the trophy unlock conditions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Unfortunately I don't have any way to open up the pkg to try and disect the PS4 version.

Even if you could, the files would probably be encrypted due to needing the license. Only hope you'd have is if someone had dumped the game on a jailbroken PS4, but since it's a digital-only game, you don't have much hope there. 

8 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Even if you could, the files would probably be encrypted due to needing the license. Only hope you'd have is if someone had dumped the game on a jailbroken PS4, but since it's a digital-only game, you don't have much hope there. 

Couldn't someone just log in on a jailbroken ps4 and download the game from the store?

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Couldn't someone just log in on a jailbroken ps4 and download the game from the store?

No. PS4s can only be jailbroken up to 5.05 firmware, and there's no way to "spoof" the console to bypass 6.51+. Only way someone could dump it is if they had the game download on an old console from their account, and had left it unused for months/years on-end till a jailbreak came out. Since the chances of that, especially for a niche game such as Zegeta, are very unlikely, there's really not much that could be done, in regards of datamining the game. 

I do wonder though, why nobody has been able to get a single trophy in the 2nd game though -- but for all we know, it could be impossible to earn on purpose?

There is only war! from Space Hulk on the Vita. According to that 'Playstation Journey 2018' thing they did...I spent 167 hours on Space Hulk. I think it was about 8-10 hours of playing the actual game, the rest simply farming kills. It's not hard and I usually do it while watching TV. It's pretty much just pressing :right: to select the Flamethrower, :cross: to shoot...wait 10 seconds while 82% of the 10 aliens I have trapped in the room die in a fire, press :circle: to undo...wait 30 seconds due to the lag for the turn to reset and repeat. I get somewhere around 500 killed per hour.

I've killed around 80,000 aliens with no trophy pop. I killed about 45,000 of them saving and occasionally resetting my Vita to lower the lag before I was informed that resetting the game was probably restarting my kill counter....I got about 8,000 done without resetting before a critical error shut down the game and another 15,000 before I made the mistake of setting my Vita down and my kid went over and pushed some buttons causing me to die and start again. I'm up to 16,000 kills on my current attempt, without restarting. If I get to 40k and no pop...I will finally give up on this travesty of a game and trophy list.

@Milktastrophe I really hope you get it. You've definitely earned it! I bought the game a few years ago and played for about 10 minutes before I realized my mistake. I checked out the trophy page and saw your thread and was silently cheering you on.  I occasionally check that games page to see if you've done it. I can't believe they won't throw you a bone on the conditions for the trophy considering how much time you've invested...good luck!

Edited by Briste
  • Like 3

35L8c66c0.png

Eager Beaver

Awarded when a player has earned at least 58 medals.

I had accidentally deleted my character on MAG, thus losing all of my medals.  I think I was about four medals away, too.  Just another one of those FML moments.  

Strumillionaire: Guitar Hero Live

When they announced GHTV was shutting down, I went all out trying to get the trophies before it shut down.  I spent the better part of a month playing GHTV for hours trying to get the trophies and got every single one except this one.  Started to grow bored with the game after a while and when I last checked, I was only about a third of the way done with the trophy.  Ended up giving up and playing something else.

FF13 Treasure Hunter, I grinded 30+ hours for this.

Tales of Vesperia Title complete- I put in over 100 hours getting this. There were so many missable side events, and you also had to get all the items, complete the monster book and fully clear all the mini games, win the cooking competition etc... literally go through the game with a fine tooth comb to get this.

Tales of Berseria A Solid B- grinded hours on end for this as well. It was also a super boring button smashing painful grind at that

Does Steam count.  Played through Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the Pacifist trophy.  Did not kill a single person except for the tutorial.  When you don't have any options for non-lethal takedowns.  Or sometimes people might just die even from non lethal.  Either way the trophy didn't pop.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 6:43 AM, CQC93 said:

Nah, that's a ridiculous excuse as it's not true at all. I jumped right into Mein Leben instead of practicing in "I am death incarnate" so it really took me many tries, I also used to left the game running in midnight while sleeping or whenever I'm out.. yet never crashed or froze on me or anything, and yeah I've the original PS4 which I got on launch late 2013

I did it once, reached the end of the game many times and I'm confident enough that I can beat it again cuz there's no such a thing

Damn nice job man. You got balls of steel for jumping into Mein Leben and finishing it. 

Any tips you can give out? 

Also good job on the Super Meat Boy platinum.

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

Damn nice job man. You got balls of steel for jumping into Mein Leben and finishing it. 

Any tips you can give out? 

Also good job on the Super Meat Boy platinum.

Thanks! There was a mistake I made while going through it in my first attempts, which was following one guide.. look at different guides and think of the best way to approach the mission

I also couldn't use the glitches they used to skip some areas, but those areas were one of the easiest in the game, section 7 for example isn't tough the moment you know that you can actually kill a big solider with just 20% charge of LaserKraftWerk (which is one of the most important things to upgrade early in the game) which is why it's also important to choose Fergus root at the beginning to get this weapon

I messed up in some areas on my final playthrough that I could've have gone through them undetected.. which caused me some troubles, but my reaction to whatever appears on screen became faster at that point, just clean up your mess as fast and as early as you can.. hid behind something with no other opening if possible ASAP and if there isn't any, just check on all the directions and shoot whatever moves on your screen while shifting between the covers

Final notes, but it's worth to keep in mind that you won't die so easily unless you're low on health, try to always keep yourself fully recovered.. try to find upgrade kits to keep your weapons upgraded and always keep in your mind that your enemies aren't really smart

I dont have this kind of experience personally, but i have a friend who is very unlucky with trophies and i think his story qualifies for this topic.

He wanted to platinum The Witcher 3, he completed the story a few times before, so he was only missing a run on the hardest difficulty (Death March) thus he decided to do that, but since he expected this to his last run, he also decided to do everything the game has to offer, since he loved this game, so he did a 100+ hour playthrough and when he finished the story, The "Walked the Path" trophy got glitched on him and he did not get it. He played on Death March from the start and never changed the difficulty. This is the only trophy he is missing for the platinum now and ever since, he couldnt get himself to do it again.

But the story is not over yet, there is another case.

A few months ago, he decided to get the platinum for Assassin's Creed Unity, because he is a fan of the series and he already platted all of the other AC games that came after Unity.

He already played AC Unity long ago, but he did not own the game back then, he got it lent to him to play it, so he played the story and completed some of the side activites and gave the game back. Later he bought his own copy though and now he fired that up to play and he was shocked because his older save game was not working. Turns out that the copy that was lent to him was from the UK and he bought the german version and the save games were not compatible, even though it is the same game and same region basically. Well no matter, this wasnt going to stop him, he played the whole game again from the start and was getting close to the plat. Now there is a glitched tropy in Unity, what we didnt know at the time, its the "I Got Skills" trophy and sometimes it wont pop, so its highly recommended to upload your save to the cloud or an USB drive before you learn the last skill. Of course he didnt do that and of course the trophy got glitched for him and he didnt get it. So now this the only trophy he is missing for the platinum and he need to play all of the missions in the game again for which he doesnt have motivation now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gabor434 said:

snip because too much text as a quote wouldn't look aesthetic

Jesus your friend really is one of the unluckiest guys around there. Getting nasty glitches on two huge games ... Maybe he should baptize his PS4, remove the bad spirits or something.

The Killzone 2 one "Valor grand cross" where you had to be top 1% on the multiplayer leaderboard. Towards the end before server shutdown i put so so so many hours in, and i was in the top 1%...unfortunately THAT specific weekend the server decided to glitch so it did not reset at the end of the week. After that i decided to say screw it and let it go, since competition was heating up. Literally means i can never get the platinum in it.

Definitely Yakuza 0/Yakuza 5 100% trophies, both games I've put in well over 100+ hours into at this point, but I'm making some slow ass effort to finish the series one after the other. Even if you like these games, the pure grind will wear you down at some point, so it's good to space it out.

• Like 1

Resonance of Fate. When I reached the last chapter, I had the last steps of several trophies to complete before clearing the game and tackling the post-game dungeon. I had some problems and was so sick of the game that I gave up, never to touch it again. Someday, in the future, I hope to complete the PS4 version. 

I got robbed of what at the time should have been my second ever plat. I poured all the hours into completing Saints Row: Gat out of Hell only to have the trophy for purchasing all upgrades (Fell From Heaven) glitch on me. When I checked no one else seemed to have this issue. I tried starting a new save, still didn't unlock, then I deleted both saves and the game from my console completely and did it again once again to no avail. The only thing I haven't tried yet, is doing it again on another console, but at this point i've pretty much accepted my fate and cut my losses. 

The other occasion is in Portal Knights. I got it free from PS+ and started playing it for the plat. Every christmas I promise my non trophy hunting friends to quit hunting for the christmas and new year period and just focus of playing and having fun with them, then pick back up the hunting mid January-ish. I sometimes struggle to get back into it though as I get lazy. Portal Knights was supposed to be the game to get me back into it again and it was working, I was slowly working my way through the list and got to the last few trophies. A kind fellow hunter let me use his schematic for the fluffy's set armour for that trophy cutting out a good few hours of grinding bosses. I then had just two trophies left: Cubicide and Dedicated Knight. I spent the best part of three hours maybe more mining blocks until cubicide popped then got to work using PvtVoid's C'thiris method to farm the 200 events. I counted out 200 exactly and by the time I had finished It was close to 3am. The trophy didn't pop and I had read about it glitching so I went ahead and did another 100 and still no trophy. Hours wasted and sleep pattern ruined with nothing to show for it :/ And because of that I still even now haven't gotten back into my trophy hunting stride.

• Like 1

Tales of Symphonia - Igaguri Style - Obtain all of Sheena's titles.

You need to open all chests in the game to get one of her titles. Played through the game twice and both times used GameFAQ guide that supposedly lists them all and both times missed a missable chest in early army base where the items are visible after using the ring, there are no real chests there but items count anyway. People say they got the trophy following that guide, I missed the same fucking item twice! That's like 70-80 hours per playthrough I think (dialogues are unskippable and Symphonia is full of them).

There's some app that can read which chest was left unopened and supposedly can even modify the save file so I'd get the title but latter part doesn't work on my EU save file. It shows corrupted in the console.

By the Way... - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2455-tales-of-symphonia-dawn-of-the-new-world/41-by-the-way

So, this game has like almost 300 special cutscenes that you have to watch in-game to unlock the game.

(After finishing the game you can watch all of them on the main menu, but for the trophy, you have to watch in-game)

The real problem with this trophy, though, is the fact that the game doesn't list anywhere these scenes that you have seen.

So what I had done is print a list of all of them in the game, and started crossing the ones I've seen in game.

Eventually gave up doing that, which probably was a blessing in disguise.