deluxe edition is on sale for $27 in the days of play sale.

been waiting for it to hit at least $30. this seems like a good price, maybe.

question, how much a pain are the DLCs? i notice in the latest one there are 3 ultra rares. is it a real difficult time, or just a grind. seems to be a lack of guides for the recent batches of DLC.

also wondering if its known if all the DLC is released at this point where the deluxe can be considered the complete version. as i seen a poster say that more DLC is coming in July. that's the only source i heard about that though. which if there is more DLC coming i imagine they would make a second season pass as it seems the DLC released thus far is covered by the current season pass.

• Like 2

All the the DLCs are out. The UR trophies, I suspect, are very grindy. I haven't researched it yet. Somfrbi have read that there are specific equips you have to grind for. 

In my opinion it just looks like a coliseum/dungeon grind, which many fans really didn't ask for. 

The first DLC (The lair of the lost lord) added a labyrinth with 100 floors and a boss fight every 20. And you had to clear it on hard difficulty, so you had to grind some good weapons in the labyrinth. The boss can be difficult, since he summons enemies and shots magic bullets which follow you, so you have to rely on the new Ding-Dong Dell combat style. And the added also collectibles (the scrolls used to max out the two new combat styles) which can be everywhere (dungeons, cities, even in the world map!), just like FF XV (yes, they have the same appearance, since they are blue sparks...:giggle:)

The second DLC (The tale of a timeless tome) adds some references to the first game and should add something to the plot (don't expect a huge development, but at least they put the soundtrack of the first game, like the Executor Knight. It's the only good news of the DLC :awesome:), but it has the Coliseum. 30 fights (with 3, 4 or 5 rounds), ultra-rare drops at the end of the last fight, too many weapons and armors which you'll never craft (I mean, I crafted only two swords with a couple of silver ingots) and you have to achieve S-rank on all the 30 fights. S-rank is only time limited, and here you have to rely on the new wizard combat style using Evan or Leander and spam spells (except a couple of bosses which have a huge magical defense, so you have to destroy them with physical attack, like the final huge serpent of the 27th battle<_<). Every time you have to change your equipments (higgledies, accessories, weapons, etc.) according to the boss' elemental weakness, and the difficulty is set after some battles (it should be normal for the first 15-18 battles, then it becomes hard, and in the last 5 or 10 battles it is set to extreme!).

In the end, among the two DLC (and the free one) I liked the first one (the free Adventure Pack), but I don't want to see anymore that stupid Coliseum! :jaymon: It was really bad designed...

Edited by Phoenix_argentea
  • Like 4

DLC is very grindy!

And it's boring as hell. Maybe i will finish it one day. Maybe not.

Story-wise it's a big let down.

Really liked the main game. But the season pass ain't worth more than €10 to be honest. The value for money isn't there 

Edited by ExquisiteSteez