E3 2019: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Official Gameplay Demo

It looks pretty okay for the most part. Assuming this is an early build, I hope they can improve on a lot of things before release and most importantly keep EA from adding predatory practices to this single player experience.

Edited by ShonenCat

Looks cool, looking forward to it...when every single piece of DLC is included in an "Ultimate Edition" for $20 or less.

I wish these fuckers didn't own the license to Star Wars games.

Would be nice if Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, or FromSoftware could work on Star Wars games.

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp
  • Like 2

Looks good, but there’s more work to be done. It isn’t polished in the combat system (looks a bit clunky and almost robotic if you ask me). There should be air combat like in the movies when you’re fighting. I wanted to see the skill tree in this to get a glimpse of the progression. But I’ll wait until after it’s release to see how it all works out. 

5 minutes ago, ShonenCat said:

It looks pretty okay for the most part. Assuming this is an early build, I hope they can improve on a lot of things before release and most importantly keep EA from adding predatory practices to this single player experience.

I doubt it's an early build; the game is out in just over five months. I'd imagine that the build they showed here is a month old at max.

This is the game we're getting, more or less.

21 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Looks cool, looking forward to it...when every single piece of DLC is included in an "Ultimate Edition" for $20 or less.

I wish these fuckers didn't own the license to Star Wars games.

Would be nice if Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, or FromSoftware could work on Star Wars games.

They put put in dlc too 

1 minute ago, matigrosso91 said:

Jeez, i thought there would be more excitement here. Personally, I can't wait, it looks prety awesome. I'm more hyped than i hoped.

People love to complain about anything EA on this site so that why. But I agree it looks pretty damn good. I love how cinematic the game looks

• Like 1

I thought it looked pretty good. It was a little clunky, but overall, I think it has a lot of potential.

Though, there were a few things I hope they can build upon.

1.) As others mentioned, add some air action in there.

2.) Also, just because you are a Jedi, doesn't mean you can't use guns too. It'd be cool if you could pick up enemy weapons and use them with the force.

3.) Was kinda hoping for Jedi mind tricks to have Storm troopers fight for you.

4.) I hope that was easy mode because attacks hardly took any health. I don't think the storm troopers even touched him.

5.) Please, no tacked on multiplayer and no microtransactions or gambling crap. I think that would kill my chances the most of buying this game.

6.) Most importantly, I wanted to see him force pull a guy, impale him, then force push him, while impaled, into another guy and impale him to create a Storm trooper shish kabob. *Sighs* One can only hope...

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I thought it looked pretty good. It was a little clunky, but overall, I think it has a lot of potential.

Though, there were a few things I hope they can build upon.

1.) As others mentioned, add some air action in there.

2.) Also, just because you are a Jedi, doesn't mean you can't use guns too. It'd be cool if you could pick up enemy weapons and use them with the force.

3.) Was kinda hoping for Jedi mind tricks to have Storm troopers fight for you.

4.) I hope that was easy mode because attacks hardly took any health. I don't think the storm troopers even touched him.

5.) Please, no tacked on multiplayer and no microtransactions or gambling crap. I think that would kill my chances the most of buying this game.

6.) Most importantly, I wanted to see him force pull a guy, impale him, then force push him, while impaled into another guy and impale him to create a Storm trooper shish kabob. *Sighs* One can only hope...

Its EA ... They will f this up!! wait and see ... And yes air combos!! But I think they had there stage today and showed nothing any other games have done before.

Edited by Titanomachy_75

It looked very bland and generic and the character ran as if he shat his pants. I've also never seen an Ai that passive. Supposedly it's an Alpha build, which makes me wonder why a company would think it would be smart to show something that's that early in a development stage. Especially when the most recent titles were somewhat flops, you'd think they'd come out of the gate guns blazing.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Just now, djb5f said:

Reminded me of the Iden sp story in Battlefront II, which was lacking. There is going to be no mp in this one?  Not recapturing much of the SW universe in that video.  Real heroes going to be featured?

No multiplayer in this one

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Reminded me of the Iden sp story in Battlefront II, which was lacking. There is going to be no mp in this one?  Not recapturing much of the SW universe in that video.  Real heroes going to be featured?

I thought the same thing. Looks like this could've been tacked on to BFII as a DLC. Still excited but not overly so.

• Like 1

No dismemberment, no doing sick flips off the walls, no grabbing a blaster and using it to shoot Stormtroopers while you deflect their bolts, no display of Force powers beyond freezing and throwing a couple things or enemies here and there, no jumping 20 feet in the air to get around, and worst of all, getting smacked around by that droid type from Rogue One that to a Jedi should just be a bump in the road. The ghost of Kyle Katarn shakes his head in disappointment.

This just feels like it has wasted potential written all over it, which is a shame because with all the money EA has it could have been the next Jedi Outcast, but it just seems so watered down which is sad because Jedi Outcast and Academy came out in 2002 and 2003.

Also the lightsaber bothers me because it just looks like a glow stick with a blue filter on it. Like it doesn't look like something that otherworldly or exciting to use, especially since there's no dismemberment of any kind.