What are you waiting for doing your remaining online trophies on PS3?

El-Sublime-

I'm not waiting.I'm doing them with a good pace.Then I can finish my ps3 backlog with the single player only games and move to ps4(or ps5 since it will be backwards compatible and released by the time I finish my ps3 backlog).

• Like 2

I'm focusing on them a lot lately, cleared Dead Nation, AC Brotherhood and Revelations out of the way recently. I was working on Resident Evil Revelations, just need that one trophy at the very least but now I gotta finish U3. Thankfully only need that one out the 3 games. Just realized InFamous Festival of Blood has online trophies, dammit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

I did RDR's base game online trophies (only missing lvl50 which can be done offline with lan mode) and really wanted to do GTA IV too. All I need is patience, since that looks like a huge grind lol

Unless you run into some hacker or "special match" that levels you to 10 instantly. And there are some guys in McFarlane's Ranch that you can shoot and get to level 50 REALLY fast, that online mode is so broken.

• Like 1

I have been working on my PS3 backlog because I'm paranoid the Sony will pull the plug on PS3 online soon. I've completed all the physical games I wanted except one and all the games in the maybe pile that I have physical versions of require boosting for multiplayer trophies or are Metal Gear Rising: Revengance. I may get most of the single player trophies that I feel like earning for those games but I don't plan on getting any platinums. A lot of my backlog consists of digital titles that I'd like to complete or at the very least try out before the end.

My definitely going to platinum backlog consists of:

-SSX

-Atelier Rorona Plus ~ The Alchemist of Arland ~

-Tower of Guns

-Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny

-Beyond Good & Evil HD

-Mugen Souls Z

The maybe pile consists of:

-GTA IV

-Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (not my game; I've been borrowing it from a friend for 5 years)

-Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

-Soul Caliber V

-Red Dead Redemption

-Catherine

-Dragon Age Origins (I really want to like this game)

-Chariot

-I am Alive

-Metal Gear Rising: Revengance

-Double Dragon Neon (I need to make a friend or evolve 2 more arms; I'm not sure which way is faster)

-Terraria

-GRID Autosport

-Rayman 3 HD

-Serious Sam 3: BFE

-Steins;Gate (I'll definitely do the Vita version eventually)

-Zone of the Enders HD

-Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

I don't think I'm going to ever buy another PS3 game. With the one exception being the game, that I don't remember the name of, that Hyperdimension Neptunia used the engine, most of the gameplay and enemies from. I'll figure out what game that is and purchase it if I find it at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Unless you run into some hacker or "special match" that levels you to 10 instantly. And there are some guys in McFarlane's Ranch that you can shoot and get to level 50 REALLY fast, that online mode is so broken.

The zombie glitch was fixed some time ago (probably after the game became BC on xbox one)

Majority of my ps3 backlog ended up getting ported or remastered on ps4, so I've been pretty content with just abandoning my ps3 when the ps4 backlog started to grow out of control.

I figure that as I continue to work my ps4 backlog, more of my ps3 games will end up getting redone

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Majority of my ps3 backlog ended up getting ported or remastered on ps4, so I've been pretty content with just abandoning my ps3 when the ps4 backlog started to grow out if control.

That's why i'll play AC Ezio trilogy and bioshock trilogy on ps4. All Remastered and no online stuff. Less trophies, but less stressfull at all.

• Like 1

Just Watch_Dogs I think. Not too sure if it's just DLC or for the plat. I might have to check now.

EDIT: Turns out I need a handful of trophies for the plat. Gah! If I had known maybe I wouldn't have started the game.

Edited by Edunstar84

Rayman Legends(Truly Awesome Trophy still a pain in the ass to do)
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
Uncharted 3 Drake's Fortune
The Last of Us(Heard the servers were going offline soon too, not sure about the PS4 version anyone know?)
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Borderlands 2
Borderlands The Pre-sequel
Call of Duty Advance Warfare
Call of Duty World at War
Brutal Legend 
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Resident Evil Revelations
Split/Second?
Tom Clancy's Hawx
Watch Dogs
Soul Calibur V
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Do know if I want to Call of Duty or not or what the online trophies are since I don't want hacked trophies on my account either.
And some of these games I'm not sure I'll get around to since I haven't hooked up my PS3 mainly to lazy too and still salty about my harddrive corrupting and the other reason is not sure I want to go online with PS3 anymore for online trophies since I am not sure what games are hacked or not or if the servers are down.

• Like 1

What worked for me was playing PS3 games in between PS4 games. What I consider to be my immediate backlog is pretty short:

• Max Payne 3 (Level 50 + Challenge mode)
  • Burn, Zombie Burn! (DLC online scores)
  • Frozen Synapse Prime (currently at 0%)
  • Dead Space 3 (DLC co-op)

Everything else is single player only, so I'll continue whittling away at it into the PS5's infancy.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2

Have a ton of games to do on PS3. If I can pull it off, that would be awesome. Don't want to worry so much, have to do my best on them. The PS4 games with online trophies are also waiting for me too. It's gonna be a long road ahead.

• Like 2

Personally i just won't bother. I was too late to the party on PS3 so im going for MOSTLY single player stuff. If there is easy/quick online trophies i can still do fairly easy then of course but no grinding and other nonsense like this. When i started killzone 2 i looked at the online trophies and said "Nope!" (and that was before the server shutdown) but 3 (regular edition) didn't had that many and they seem rather easy so i did them (or most of them, can't remember if i did it all) plus i wanted to try it online for the sake of it. 

Honestly at this current time i am just more worried ill have time to play all my PS3 games before they hypotetically decide to shut down the online entirely. I known its not guarenteed it will happen but i feel by the PS5 release they may do it. And since there is no backward compatibility on PS4 (outside PSN and i dunno how it work and if you can unlock trophies) then i don't see why they would keep the PS3 online when it does not make money anymore. On xbox since tons of games are BC it make sense to keep the online open and still allow achievements to be added online. 

I have 3 major games to do wich will be very time consuming, Yakuza 3-4-5 so thats why im a bit worried.

• Like 1

OP, you mention Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in your post but you can do all trophies in that game by yourself, you'll need multiple controllers, but even if they were to shut down the servers, the platinum and 100% would still be possible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ren said:

OP, you mention Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in your post but you can do all trophies in that game by yourself, you'll need multiple controllers, but even if they were to shut down the servers, the platinum and 100% would still be possible.

Thanks for the info. I thought it has, just like BD1&2.

Metal Gear Rising only has DLC I'd have to buy to get 100%. That's only out of the question with the store closing though which I doubt will happen soon.

Lollipop Chainsaw I don't own and has online score boards trophies. I'm planing to go on a massive PS3 game buy soon with most of them being around $15.

LittleBig Planet 2 is what I should start working on, but I believe the first game's online it still operating even with a third game released so I'm in no rush.

I believe that's all I have left to worry about since everything else is single player.

I loathe multiplayer in all but the rarest cases. I loathe Multiplayer-only Trophies in particular. Those things should be banned, end-of, but Sony clearly doesn't care anough about the system to pursue this.

Only reason I gave doing some of RDR's online Trophies some thought was the fact that the LAN-trick exists - finished that up and realized I hadn't even gotten the stereotypical Rockstar Viral Trophy yet - that's how much I dislike playing PvP (co-op can be okay..... sometimes). Even the easy online Trophies in the original LittleBigPlanet I didn't get until yesterday.

Given all this, I will probably never get around to grabbing most of my remaining online Trophies; Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 have been killed already (props to Guerilla for making all but the Ribbon Trophies available in Botzone), Modnation Racers Road Trip is dead (but I did get those in time, pfew! Just need Ad Hoc now), Travel Bug is dead (dumbest Trophy on my list, topping a world leaderboard, really?), WipeOut 2048 might be dead (got them in time though, loved that game and I love my Vita), NHL 2K10 is probably dead, the list goes on.

I've given Far Cry 2 some thought, but that game is just too much of a mess to touch. So yeah, nah, I don't think I'll ever be able to get my online backlog done. Try and finish LBP to the best of my abilities and that will be that.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 3:56 AM, Nightstream88 said:

Rayman Legends(Truly Awesome Trophy still a pain in the ass to do)
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
Uncharted 3 Drake's Fortune
The Last of Us(Heard the servers were going offline soon too, not sure about the PS4 version anyone know?)
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Borderlands 2
Borderlands The Pre-sequel
Call of Duty Advance Warfare
Call of Duty World at War
Brutal Legend 
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Resident Evil Revelations
Split/Second?
Tom Clancy's Hawx
Watch Dogs
Soul Calibur V
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Do know if I want to Call of Duty or not or what the online trophies are since I don't want hacked trophies on my account either.
And some of these games I'm not sure I'll get around to since I haven't hooked up my PS3 mainly to lazy too and still salty about my harddrive corrupting and the other reason is not sure I want to go online with PS3 anymore for online trophies since I am not sure what games are hacked or not or if the servers are down.

TloU PS4 version will remain untouchable. Only PS3 will be shutted down.

All CoD plats can be done legit except for Black Ops II. Just do NOT enter in public matches (since hackers can pop all the trophies), and you can do all trophies legitly.