Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Half_Sober

Half_Sober's Dispute

23 posts in this topic

Half_Sober

Call of Duty Classic
Too fast? I have like 24 hours between the time I earned the veteran trophy and the other 2 difficulty trophies (it's only a 5 or 6 hour campaign). The only thing I admitted to was letting my roommate play on the lower difficulties and use my save. I really dont think that's against the terms.

Must have been flagged by a Bruins fan. Don't be salty :P

Edited by Half_Sober

Hmmmmm.  Lets see what the community thinks.

Reason: I'm reporting this user because he has admitted on playstationtrophies.org to using someone else's save to gain trophies. https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/call-of-duty-classic/29135-platinum-difficulty-rating-10.html https://imgur.com/a/s3ZOLlt

iWReFIK.png

Sorry, I edited that for you. I can see how that came off wrong. I just said that is an option if you want to go that route. My roommate played the lower difficulties for me. You will see from my time stamps that is the case.

Seems to me like you haven't fully sobered up yet. Not only are you endorsing cheating, you clearly admit to using a save file. "Oh hey guys, I can't be bothered really playing through the game twice, and there are save files btw!" "But instead, I didn't cheat though, no no no, I let my roommate poof into existance and just clear it for me"!

Also, for me, admitting that your roommate did it is reason enough for this flag to stay as you didn't earn the trophies, your roommate does. There is zero difference between using a save file (someone else doing it for you) and your roommate obtaining those trophies (aka someone else doing it for you).

Edited by STARLOVE

14 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

Seems to me like you haven't fully sobered up yet. Not only are you endorsing cheating, you clearly admit to using a save file. "Oh hey guys, I can't be bothered really playing through the game twice, and there are save files btw!" "But instead, I didn't cheat though, no no no, I let my roommate poof into existance and just clear it for me"!

Also, for me, admitting that your roommate did it is reason enough for this flag to stay as you didn't earn the trophies, your roommate does. There is zero difference between using a save file (someone else doing it for you) and your roommate obtaining those trophies (aka someone else doing it for you).

That's all good and everything but share play is allowed and letting someone sitting on your couch play on your profile is no different. In the end it doesnt really matter to me. I know every trophy on my profile is legit. The burden of proof should not be on me to prove that. The time stamps state that and I am stating that. If it is that I am banned from the leaderboards for what is clearly a badly written post from 10 years ago that's unfortunate but I'll move on.

Tough one.. although the disputer's reason isnt very believable considering the grey area of his quoted post, I think the flag needs to be judged on the timestamps and whether or not his profile has other issues.

1 minute ago, AJ_-_808 said:

[...] and whether or not his profile has other issues.

And, luckily for us wholesome and honest players, faffing about with disputes and imaginary roommates is a great way of having your entire profile scrutinized!

1 minute ago, Half_Sober said:

That's all good and everything but share play is allowed and letting someone sitting on your couch play on your profile is no different. In the end it doesnt really matter to me. I know every trophy on my profile is legit. The burden of proof should not be on me to prove that. The time stamps state that and I am stating that. If it is that I am banned from the leaderboards for what is clearly a badly written post from 10 years ago that's unfortunate but I'll move on.

It was more to express the absurdity of your roommate just poofing into existance. Also, what burden of proof? The picture is right there for you to read, no? For me the flag should absolutely stay for two reasons:

1. You endorse cheating. This makes you a direct influence into making other people cheat. Rather than encourage people to not cheat and just do the two playthroughs, earning the platinum legitemately, you propose cheating.

2. Even though timestamps look good, there are plenty of cheaters out there that are clever enough to cover their tracks and make their timestamps look legit. In some cases, it's almost certain they cheated, but you can't really prove it. MGS2 VR missions is a great example of this. For me the decision should only be based on the fact that you endorse cheating and that your roommate excuse just doesn't cut it. You couldn't be tasked with two more playthroughs while making no mention of a roommate at all. Are we to believe that after you endorsing cheating and claiming that you didn't want to do two more playthroughs your roommate magically offered to take care of it for you?

15 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

And, luckily for us wholesome and honest players, faffing about with disputes and imaginary roommates is a great way of having your entire profile scrutinized!

It's entirely up to the person being flagged whether or not they want to handle their flag with a mid privately via PM, or publicly via dispute.  Having their profile scrutinized can help determine the person's intent.

the timestamps look fine but with the forum post, i'm beginning to question if it was legit, 

just tossing in an opinion.

Edited by lordguwa

6 hours ago, STARLOVE said:

No, as far as the leaderboard rules here are concerned, this is 100% wrong. The leaderboard rules explicitly state that team accounts are absolutely fine, He, his roommate, his grandma, his 17 brothers, and the Prime Minister of Canada can all play on his account, and that is allowed here.

I think this should remain flagged and the rules need to be updated to reflect this. We have been flagging illegitimate users for more than just timestamps for quite a while now and there is nothing wrong with that. Just one of these days, an Uno cheater was removed because he didn't have online stats as he should. I'm pretty sure that we also flagged someone in the past for cheating Ninja Gaiden in the same manner. I also believe a few people have been flagged due to posting into a hacking forum for suspicious (but not 100% confirmed cheated) games.

The issue is currently not that it's okay to do what he does. It's not ok to cheat while making your timestamps look legitimate. It's not okay to cheat at all. The only issue is that the rules do not cover these type of scenarios and they totally should, because cheating is cheating regardless of how well you do it.

Remember that on the first part of "what is flaggable" from BlindMango, it states that using a save file to unlock trophies is flaggable, which is what happened here, despite his current story not matching his 2010 story.

Edited by TheYuriG

4 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I think this should remain flagged and the rules need to be updated to reflect this. We have been flagging illegitimate users for more than just timestamps for quite a while now and there is nothing wrong with that. Just one of these days, an Uno cheater was removed because he didn't have online stats as he should. I'm pretty sure that we also flagged someone in the past for cheating Ninja Gaiden in the same manner. I also believe a few people have been flagged due to posting into a hacking forum for suspicious (but not 100% confirmed cheated) games.

The issue is currently not that it's okay to do what he does. It's not ok to cheat while making your timestamps look legitimate. It's not okay to cheat at all. The only issue is that the rules do not cover these type of scenarios and they totally should, because cheating is cheating regardless of how well you do it.

The proof here is way to underwhelming to justify a flag. Proof>Suspicion. I’m all for cheaters getting removed but this flag is ridiculous.

Just now, BB-BakkerJ said:

The proof here is way to underwhelming to justify a flag. Proof>Suspicion. I’m all for cheaters getting removed but this flag is ridiculous.

I don't find underwhelming to admit that using a save file is ok and supporting that course of action. Please remember this was done in 2010, way before this website existed and I actually doubt this was frowned upon back in the day. Regardless, this is the reason why we have a 2 games leeway to begin with, to forgive cases like this one, not to allow 2 hacked games.

20 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I don't find underwhelming to admit that using a save file is ok and supporting that course of action. Please remember this was done in 2010, way before this website existed and I actually doubt this was frowned upon back in the day. Regardless, this is the reason why we have a 2 games leeway to begin with, to forgive cases like this one, not to allow 2 hacked games.

I refuse to hide my trophies. I trophy hunt for my own purposes and all of my trophies are legitimate. I would rather be removed from the leaderboards than hide them. You have to ask yourself what good are the leaderboards if legitimate players are removed without cause. 10 years ago it was perfectly acceptable to use someone's save file which is why I was pointing it out back them. Regardless of me saying that I did not use a save file to unlock my trophies. 

Just now, Half_Sober said:

I refuse to hide my trophies. I trophy hunt for my own purposes and all of my trophies are legitimate. I would rather be removed from the leaderboards than hide them.

10 years ago it was perfectly acceptable to use someone's save file which is why I was pointing it out back them.

That's fine if you don't want to hide, but I still think you should remain flagged regardless. You say yourself "I beat it on veteran and couldn't be tasked to play two more times", which is a clear indication you used a save file. Please stop lying. You already used the "roommate" excuse as well.

You also just repeated what I've previously said that, back in the day, wasn't an issue to use someone else's save file. In fact, that's pretty much the whole reason why we have so many players flagged for FUEL/COD MW2 and etc. I'm pretty positive most of them didn't intentionally act to cheat, but rather were pointed toward that direction by the lack of clear direction in the competitive scenario of trophy hunting.

I still think that is because of cases like this that we need the whitelisting system to be implemented. I feel it's quite sad to punish people that did not intentionally broke rules, since such rules did not yet exist back then, but we still need to be fair with everyone. Having the whitelisting system active would just allow players like this to carry on with their trophy hunting without having to pay for their sins of times before the laws.

13 minutes ago, Half_Sober said:

10 years ago it was perfectly acceptable to use someone's save file which is why I was pointing it out back them.

Uh, I don't think so. Even though this website wasn't around 10 years ago, there is a reason "hacks" or "cheats" in any form are looked down upon. 

Just now, Nitro said:

Uh, I don't think so. Even though this website wasn't around 10 years ago, there is a reason "hacks" or "cheats" in any form are looked down upon. 

But going into developer mode is ok? You dont even have to play the games. There were a different code of ethics 10 years ago. Nobody told you what was right or wrong you did whatever you felt was right. Many people feel boosting is wrong, I dont but there are people that do. Save file exploits were farther than I wanted to go but not everyone.

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Please stop lying. You already used the "roommate" excuse as well.

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I used that because that is what happened. I'm sorry if you see it as an excuse but it is the truth. My conscience is clear.

Uhm, i think it should be lifted, because the savegame didn't unlock any trophy, but simply the access to the final level. I guess timestamps are ok?

Edited by Lance_87

This should be lifted. Are we going to start mass flagging users of that one save-hack site? Of course not. Sometimes it's used to collaborate with bad timestamps, but I haven't seen website affiliation or posts be used before as the only flag-able evidence.

The timestamps are legitimate and that's all that matters.