Session creation tips needed!

Make the session and add a note that it's a placeholder day/time until you have enough people. Keep bumping the session forward until you have enough people.

Add players to a group chat until there's enough people joined, then schedule a day/time 

Cross post your session to other gaming site forums 

5 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Make the session and add a note that it's a placeholder day/time until you have enough people. Keep bumping the session forward until you have enough people.

Add players to a group chat until there's enough people joined, then schedule a day/time 

Cross post your session to other gaming site forums 

Thanks for the tip. Any others are welcome as well!

the more you do as a host, the more you can expect to be rewarded for your efforts...first, I would set the session to unlimited spaces and choose a session time that you are usually available...add in the notes that you will be bumping the session forward until enough people join...i usually set the date 2 days ahead and bump it every 24 hours...that way it stays at the top of the list away from most other placeholder sessions...

any small details you can add like methods and links to guides/yt vids/etc. for earning the trophies, when your ideal days of the week are, communication preferences, etc. will help in finding compatible players...sometimes adding "first come, first served" can be a good idea...that way if you end up with more than 8 gamers and a few of them seem flaky you can start up the session when 8 are online without feeling like you owe the wishy washy ones any of your time...

I've had some games that were pretty obsolete where I needed to go beyond the gaming sessions here...you can try having a look at the boosting thread on the .org sister site...check out the profiles of the last several players that have asked for help and see if they have earned the trophies or not...if not, a brief psn message to ask if still interested in earning them is never a bad idea...

alternatively, when checking out your trophy list on this site for said game you should see a list of recent players on the right-hand side...you can check out the profiles of these gamers as well and make a judgment call as to whether or not they might want to boost with you based on region, psn level, completion rate, etc...again, a brief message asking if they would like to boost trophies is usually harmless...

some people have had success posting their session links in status updates here or on other sites so you might consider this as a promotion option as well...personally I find the approach a little too passive but you never know who might see it...

send out friend requests as needed and try to keep an eye on and make a mental note of when people are online and what they are playing...once you've got 4-5 players create a discord/psn/group chat and keep everyone up to date on what's happening..."hey guys, we still need 3 more but I just wanted to initiate contact so we can start as soon as we have enough people"...every now and then this can lead to another player saying "I have a friend who wants them too"...i usually take the time to repost links to guides and stuff here too and lay out a potential plan of attack and get other people's opinions on how we should go about knocking off the trophies in an efficient manner...

the last thing is more a bit of a warning...this site has what I like to refer to as "serial joiners", people who seem to join all sessions they own the game for but rarely show up on time or communicate...i usually do a 3-day wait on these types of people...send a friend request and/or pm to ask when they are available, and then wait 3 days...if no response, save yourself some frustration by deleting them from session and move on...many people practice like they play so if they can't communicate ahead of a session expect them to not communicate during one...bear in mind that 1 unreliable person = 7 people's time wasted...don't be afraid to politely tell people you don't feel they are compatible with the group...remember that the others in the group, the ones you'll actually be earning trophies with, will be relying on you to make things run smoothly...

again, the more you communicate and take charge as a host, the more likely you are to have the most productive boosting sessions and find reliable likeminded players that you might wanna keep on your friend list long-term...most people have lives and are busy and many here do not share the same native language as you so patience, respect, and leadership as a host are excellent qualities to strive for...good luck and have fun...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

the more you do as a host, the more you can expect to be rewarded for your efforts...first, I would set the session to unlimited spaces and choose a session time that you are usually available...add in the notes that you will be bumping the session forward until enough people join...i usually set the date 2 days ahead and bump it every 24 hours...that way it stays at the top of the list away from most other placeholder sessions...

any small details you can add like methods and links to guides/yt vids/etc. for earning the trophies, when your ideal days of the week are, communication preferences, etc. will help in finding compatible players...sometimes adding "first come, first served" can be a good idea...that way if you end up with more than 8 gamers and a few of them seem flaky you can start up the session when 8 are online without feeling like you owe the wishy washy ones any of your time...

I've had some games that were pretty obsolete where I needed to go beyond the gaming sessions here...you can try having a look at the boosting thread on the .org sister site...check out the profiles of the last several players that have asked for help and see if they have earned the trophies or not...if not, a brief psn message to ask if still interested in earning them is never a bad idea...

alternatively, when checking out your trophy list on this site for said game you should see a list of recent players on the right-hand side...you can check out the profiles of these gamers as well and make a judgment call as to whether or not they might want to boost with you based on region, psn level, completion rate, etc...again, a brief message asking if they would like to boost trophies is usually harmless...

some people have had success posting their session links in status updates here or on other sites so you might consider this as a promotion option as well...personally I find the approach a little too passive but you never know who might see it...

send out friend requests as needed and try to keep an eye on and make a mental note of when people are online and what they are playing...once you've got 4-5 players create a discord/psn/group chat and keep everyone up to date on what's happening..."hey guys, we still need 3 more but I just wanted to initiate contact so we can start as soon as we have enough people"...every now and then this can lead to another player saying "I have a friend who wants them too"...i usually take the time to repost links to guides and stuff here too and lay out a potential plan of attack and get other people's opinions on how we should go about knocking off the trophies in an efficient manner...

the last thing is more a bit of a warning...this site has what I like to refer to as "serial joiners", people who seem to join all sessions they own the game for but rarely show up on time or communicate...i usually do a 3-day wait on these types of people...send a friend request and/or pm to ask when they are available, and then wait 3 days...if no response, save yourself some frustration by deleting them from session and move on...many people practice like they play so if they can't communicate ahead of a session expect them to not communicate during one...bear in mind that 1 unreliable person = 7 people's time wasted...don't be afraid to politely tell people you don't feel they are compatible with the group...remember that the others in the group, the ones you'll actually be earning trophies with, will be relying on you to make things run smoothly...

again, the more you communicate and take charge as a host, the more likely you are to have the most productive boosting sessions and find reliable likeminded players that you might wanna keep on your friend list long-term...most people have lives and are busy and many here do not share the same native language as you so patience, respect, and leadership as a host are excellent qualities to strive for...good luck and have fun...

Excellent advice! I set up a discord channel as well. That should help right?

I'm against creating sessions with a placeholder date/time. I believe you'll scare away some people from joining if you do that. Every placeholder session I've joined in the past has not happened and the host never reached out to schedule a time.

When I see a placeholder time I think two things: 1) the host isn't committed enough to even schedule a time they're available, and 2) if I don't know the time then I don't know if I'll be available.

I no longer join placeholder sessions, if the only available session is a placeholder then I'll probably just create my own session. As an alternative I would suggest to create the session for the actual time but add into the description that you are open to changing the time, and it's even better if you provide a list of alternative times that work for you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I'm against creating sessions with a placeholder date/time. I believe you'll scare away some people from joining if you do that. Every placeholder session I've joined in the past has not happened and the host never reached out to schedule a time.

When I see a placeholder time I think two things: 1) the host isn't committed enough to even schedule a time they're available, and 2) if I don't know the time then I don't know if I'll be available.

I no longer join placeholder sessions, if the only available session is a placeholder then I'll probably just create my own session. As an alternative I would suggest to create the session for the actual time but add into the description that you are open to changing the time, and it's even better if you provide a list of alternative times that work for you.

I'm have the same opinion - last time I was trying to find a session for Rocket League there were like 3 sessions that were like "time and date placeholder" and I got fed up and just created an actual session with a time and date lol

I think Sly needs to make a new "Anytime" date block at the bottom of the page that has a maximum join limit of like 6 players (because anything more than that is not manageable with no set time) and it needs to expire after 2 weeks, because you have some people who just keep a session going for months by changing the date over and over making the whole session a mess :facepalm: 

1 hour ago, VoidVictory said:

I set up a discord channel as well. That should help right?

I'm 50/50 on discord...it's an excellent platform (if not the best) for organizing but not everyone is down with using it whereas everyone on psn network has access to group chats...discord is very simple to set up and relatively user friendly but psn groups can save having to alternate between devices...i personally don't like having to pick up my phone to type/connect my mic to/etc...i have a wireless USB keyboard if I really need to type which is convenient since I have large hands in relation to just about any smartphone and a top notch mic for my ps4 controller...i use ps messages to get in touch with people when I'm offline...i like that it has a distinct notification ringtone...i run a business and when I heard that distinct "pling" I know it's safe to ignore till I have a spare minute...

and to be completely honest, I'm a huge fan of voice chat for communicating and have only ever used discord once over the PSN party chat...the only reason discord was used is because everyone in the group was on board...i would suggest seeing if your whole group would be willing to try it out and see what happens...if troubles arise, you always have the psn stuff as a backup...alternatively, you could do the reverse and use psn as a default and have discord as a backup...

21 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I will only use a placeholder as host. Every time I have set a firm date and time, there is always someone that cannot make it or some other problem. Since there is no real accountability for being a no-show, it is much harder to organize sessions on PlayStation since truetrophies is a joke as far as it’s boosting community (which lets users leave public session feedback) and here you have to have the game already on your profile which is just a pain in the butt for a lot of people. I really need tips on how to get the community to show up since I cannot really advertise my session.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/06/2019 at 2:31 PM, VoidVictory said:

I will only use a placeholder as host. Every time I have set a firm date and time, there is always someone that cannot make it or some other problem. Since there is no real accountability for being a no-show, it is much harder to organize sessions on PlayStation since truetrophies is a joke as far as it’s boosting community (which lets users leave public session feedback) and here you have to have the game already on your profile which is just a pain in the butt for a lot of people. I really need tips on how to get the community to show up since I cannot really advertise my session.

If you set a date and time and there is someone who can't play, that's their problem. The objective of having a set time is to everyone who can play at that time joins. If the person can't play at the set time, then they shouldnt join the session.

• Like 2