Restoring thief guild glory

JPageMartin36

I've been referring to the guide on this site for a few tips during my game so far, and there's nothing to say that the Thieves Guild restoring glory trophy is missable.

However, I've noticed in another guide online today a claim that it's missable if you don't still have your Thieves Guild armour by the time you get to the end of all the little missions. Is this true? I'm buggered if it is. Sold that armour ages ago. 

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, TheLitMeow said:

Do I have to do 5 different quests per city or can I do the same quest 5 times in a city?

if i remember correctly you do 5 missions per city. now they can be the same type of mission. plant stolen goods forge number etc. but must be 5 in each city

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2019-06-15 at 2:12 AM, ElyssarArFeiniel said:

It was missable in early versions of the game, but one of the updates added in respawning replacements by your bunk and in the training room.

THANK YOU! 

I did not know this and was so sad when i tough I had to reply the game once again to be able to get that trophy.

Again, thanks !  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

If you’ve done 5 in a city will that city stop coming up as one of the options? I feel like I’ve had so many jobs in whiterun but I’m not really getting other ones 1f914.png or would I just need to reject whiterun jobs? 

I just finished this not long ago... just quicksave before asking Vex or Delvin...if you don't like where the mission is... reload and ask again... and get a job from both if you can to save on time coming back

Edited by craig_obviously
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

If you’ve done 5 in a city will that city stop coming up as one of the options? I feel like I’ve had so many jobs in whiterun but I’m not really getting other ones 1f914.png or would I just need to reject whiterun jobs? 

Idk about others but on my playthrough I usually got a lot of jobs depending upon what other quests I had close proximity too. So if for example I had other quests towards Whiterun I usually got more jobs. There is also some jobs I find almost always involve certain areas like if it involves stealing from a merchant usually I would have to go to Whiterun, Riften or Markarth (areas considered having big markets).

• 1 year later...

I just read about how if you finish the main Thieves Guild questline (Darkness Returns) before finishing the random jobs for Vex and Delvin, then Brynjolf will enter a glitched state where he has no dialogue and always claims to be busy. So the final quest never starts, never completes, and Brynjolf never offers to make you guildmaster, so you never get the "One with the Shadows" achievement/trophy.

I'm in that situation, done half the reputation missions after I already completed the thieves guild main quest. And my brynjolf has no dialogue. This was supposed to be a platinum playthrough. Am I boned?

On 3/11/2020 at 1:51 PM, craig_obviously said:

I just finished this not long ago... just quicksave before asking Vex or Delvin...if you don't like where the mission is... reload and ask again... and get a job from both if you can to save on time coming back

You can actually just talk to Vex/Delvin again and quit the one they gave you, and get a new one. Even faster than reloading save.

45 minutes ago, ziggurism said:

I just read about how if you finish the main Thieves Guild questline (Darkness Returns) before finishing the random jobs for Vex and Delvin, then Brynjolf will enter a glitched state where he has no dialogue and always claims to be busy. So the final quest never starts, never completes, and Brynjolf never offers to make you guildmaster, so you never get the "One with the Shadows" achievement/trophy.

I'm in that situation, done half the reputation missions after I already completed the thieves guild main quest. And my brynjolf has no dialogue. This was supposed to be a platinum playthrough. Am I boned?

Have you completed five quests + the influence quest per city (Whiterun, Windhelm, Markath and Solitude)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShinySpidey said:

Have you completed five quests + the influence quest per city (Whiterun, Windhelm, Markath and Solitude)?

No. I’ve only done two of the city reputation quests. I just don’t want to go any further if we already know it’s not gonna work. 

Edited by ziggurism

I finished the four city influence quests, and as soon as I finished the last one, the Under New Management quest began, and I was able to talk to Brynjolf and complete it successfully, and the trophy popped. So it was fine. I saw some comments that suggested it was necessary to wear the thieves guild armor. To be on the safe side I did. Not sure whether it made a difference.

5 hours ago, ziggurism said:

I finished the four city influence quests, and as soon as I finished the last one, the Under New Management quest began, and I was able to talk to Brynjolf and complete it successfully, and the trophy popped. So it was fine. I saw some comments that suggested it was necessary to wear the thieves guild armor. To be on the safe side I did. Not sure whether it made a difference.

I’m glad that you managed to do it !

• Like 1