Cyberpunk 2077 - Release Date & Cinematic Trailer [December 10, 2020]

ziggypossum

That Keanu reveal was epic as f**k. What with his popularity with the current John Wick 3 success, the marketing behind this timing was fantastic. Someones getting a bonus for that let me tells ya. 

As for the game itself. Its gonna be incredible. 1 - Because CDPR make quality and stay dedicated to it until it becomes perfection. And 2 - Because this is gonna be the game Deus Ex probably always wanted to be. Deus Ex isn't bad by any means, but for the setting its placed in, its gonna feel like an online rails game compared to Cyberpunk. Even the name is awesome as f**k.

• Like 2

Looking great. One of my most anticipated games for sure. The trailer was all kinds of amazing but a bit lacking on showing the actual gameplay of the game. It also looked far too good to be true. Anyways, the hype is real. Really looking forward to seeing where this one goes since what they've shown so far looks spectacular. ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bani24j said:

Damn it, I've not pre-order any game in my life and paid $60 for a game, but this game and this company really deserves it. Fuck up Rockstar, ea, Bethesda, ubisoft and his microtransaccions and its game as a service, you really need to learn from CD project 

I'm getting in on this one when they open pre-orders. Surely we'll get a couple of expansions that are worth it, maybe even some free cosmetic DLC as well. After seeing this, I feel it's best that Square Enix doesn't even bother with Deus Ex 5... they'd be owned seriously by CDPR.

Rockstar, EA, Bethesda, or Ubisoft would probably make this a $150 game. It's so easy to imagine just how. They'd probably strip out half of the content to be reserved for DLC at a later time, while locking some of the better guns in the game behind a real money paywall. Also I bet they would not make the game this damn good.

I'm pumped to play this. I love TWIII and CD seems to be the best company around.

BUT, I think it's weird to show collectors edition one year before and not showing more gameplay. Not a big fan of first person games, so I need more gameplay. 

bmg_ps.png

10 hours ago, bmg_ps said:

I'm pumped to play this. I love TWIII and CD seems to be the best company around.

BUT, I think it's weird to show collectors edition one year before and not showing more gameplay. Not a big fan of first person games, so I need more gameplay. 

bmg_ps.png

A while back they did release a video of around 45 minutes of gameplay If you never saw it check this out > 

Witcher 3 is pretty hard to top, but CDPR looks like they are on their way to doing it with this. The mantis blades & of course the guns are awesome. I loved watching some of the Maelstrom Gangers get FUBAR by the tech shotgun, & also that ricochet kill.

The "Fuck you" dialogue option for the corporate agent sure sounds tempting to pick at least on the first playthrough.

I've been 100% sold on this for a long time. Bringing Keanu Reeves in is a good move & should get this even more recognition.

CDPR has been good with their QOL improvements to Witcher 3. I'm sure they'll give this the same kind of TLC after launch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

26 Mins of New Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Leaked

It is no secret that Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most anticipated titles. CD Projekt Red has been very tight-lipped regarding reveals and teases, taking every pain to cover up their tracks. Even the might CD Projekt Red cannot prevent eager gamers from trying to seek out every detail they can get about the game. A leaked video shows off some aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay.

It is worth pointing out that the video quality is notoriously poor, and the language is Italian. The video shows the protagonist of the game ride a bike to an objective, then find their way into the facility stealthily. The video also shows the skill tree in some detail as well as some aspects of character customization. You can watch the video here.

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/26-mins-of-cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-leaked/

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • They confirm that press is playing the game as we speak in order to produce previews for the next week, 25th
  • Previews will be released when Night City Wire ends on June 25th
  • "Read the previews" was said so video unlikely from press? (my own speculation!)
  • Press playing the game for previews are "from around the globe"
  • Press has access to build that has character creation, starts from the beginning of the game and has time limit, but no limits on what they can do in the game. Build is lacking things like some of the story content as CDPR wants keep stuff under wraps. Build has bugs in. (commentary: so no spit polished vertical slice to play, that is good)
  • They are streaming game from PCs to press to play because of COVID prevents in-person events
  • They aren't worried about releasing so close to next-gen, confirming that backwards compatibility is possible on PS5 and XSX for the game
  • Game will run on PS4, PS5, XBO and XSX from day 1
  • Game will look better on next-gen consoles from day 1
  • Next-gen version is planned for 2021, "more robust update". Will be free of charge for those who own last-gen version
  • They expect next-gen consoles to release around same time, but they aren't worried about release titles creating competition for CP77 as release titles look to be different kind games
  • They keep being coy about number of expansions coming to the CP77, number of them will be announced "soon" as part of marketing campaign
  • Insisting that COVID and working from home situation aren't cause of delay, last stretch of development is just very demanding
  • They have seen increases in pre-orders of Cyberpunk 2077 every time some store that it has ran sale on other games
  • No plans for live events for the game at this time
  • CDPR doesn't do delays to try and reach arbitrary MetaCritic scores, they just want to release game when they feel quality is what they strive for
  • Multiplayer portion / version of the game is delayed proportionally to delay of CP77. CP77 is pushed back by X, MP part is pushed back by X

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/06/20200618_1900-cd-projekt.mp3

3 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

The idea of CD Projekt getting Studio Trigger to make an anime side-project for Netflix from the director of Kill la Kill and the composer of Silent Hill sounds pretty fucking awesome.

Edited by Crzy Minus

• 1 month later...