E3 2019: Tales of Arise Announced

MidnightDragon

By far the best thing Microsoft showed at their conference. Visually, it looks super impressive. Quite a big difference from the other titles. I love the series so it goes without saying that I'm really looking forward to this. :D

This is what we know about the game so far:

On the planet Dahna, reverence has always been given to Rena, the planet in the sky, as a land of the righteous and divine. Stories handed down for generations became truth and masked reality for the people of Dahna. For 300 years, Rena has ruled over Dahna, pillaging the planet of its resources and stripping people of their dignity and freedom.

Our tale begins with two people, born on different worlds, each looking to change their fate and create a new future. Featuring a new cast of characters, updated combat, and classic Tales of gameplay mechanics, experience the next chapter in the world-famous Tale of series, Tales of Arise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

By far the best thing Microsoft showed at their conference. Visually, it looks super impressive. Quite a big difference from the other titles. I love the series so it goes without saying that I'm really looking forward to this. :D

This is what we know about the game so far:

It was the only game that I got excited when I saw it at Microsoft conference. 

Nice to see a New tales of game with the good old swordsman MC, looking forward to 2020, in meantime I better plat Tales of games I have left. also Arise MC seem to be the first MC that wears some kind of helmet(most MCs has a helmet as a side outfit)

My only experience with the Tales games (so far) is Berseria but seeing the trailer for this one has me excited. It looks really pretty and I guess it's because they are getting mileage out of that engine they used for God Eater 3 and the one they are using for Code Vein. Either way I'm definitely going to get this one.

• Like 1

Wow, the game looks so beautiful and almost unrecognizable for a "Tales of" game if they didn't show me the title. Of course, I'm really excited to start on another journey with a new Tales of game and get lost with it's world and colorful cast of characters.

Here's hoping an announcement for a collector's edition soon, as I always miss out on them and hoping to get it this time.

Quite the surprise during the Microsoft conference, honestly I wasn't sure it was a Tales of games until the title was shown at the end. Gameplay-wise, it looks really different from what I've come to expect from the series. Then again, I haven't played the newer games so it may be that. Not that is a bad thing, as the trailer made it look pretty impressive, and the visuals and art style were gorgeous as well, but it really looked like something entirely new to me as far a game in the Tales of franchise.

In the end, is a Tales of games, and those are always awesome in my book. :P Really looking forward to this one. :)

Wait wait wait. Am I the only one who recognized that character from Tales of Zestiria? Or am I completely wrong here?

Also, Xbox exclusive? Does it have any chance on coming to PS4/PS5 one day?

10 minutes ago, Myu said:

Wait wait wait. Am I the only one who recognized that character from Tales of Zestiria? Or am I completely wrong here?

The design is very similar, and Lailah was the first thing I thought of when I saw her. But it’s definitely not her, you can see the differences if you actually compare the two. They just have similar hairstyles but in different colours, and their dress has a similar silhouette but isn’t actually the same.

Anyway, looking forward to this. I only recently completed my first Tales plat. Need to get the rest of them now before I add another one to the backlog, as I’m definitely buying this when it’s out!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

I really like how JRPG are made with the unreal engine lately...

Which one?

Spoiler

Lailah, same hair, same costume, same sword, same shoes. Hair slightly more pink than what I remember but I'm pretty sure it's Lailah.

9 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

The design is very similar, and Lailah was the first thing I thought of when I saw her. But it’s definitely not her, you can see the differences if you actually compare the two. They just have similar hairstyles but in different colours, and their dress has a similar silhouette but isn’t actually the same.

Anyway, looking forward to this. I only recently completed my first Tales plat. Need to get the rest of them now before I add another one to the backlog, as I’m definitely buying this when it’s out!

Honestly, if it's not her or related to her in any way, I'll be very disappointed by the lack of originality in this new character.