MidnightDragon

E3 2019: Tales of Arise Announced

41 posts in this topic

The trailer looked awesome, it's definitely a step up in visuals compared to Berseria.

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Best news so far in E3, even above FF7. I hope it's not just two party members like FFXIII-2 though

I doubt it's just those two. The other party members are most likely kept secret for now. At 1:12 in the video, more characters are briefly shown jumping away from the explosion.

1 hour ago, Myu said:

Reveal hidden contents

Lailah, same hair, same costume, same sword, same shoes. Hair slightly more pink than what I remember but I'm pretty sure it's Lailah.

I agree, I think exactly the same.

I'ne played played a Tales game but always been intrigued. What would be a good entry point (a PS4 game) to the series? This trailer got my attention for sure. By the way are the games related in anyway?

Posted (edited)

0:46 can only make me think of:

Looks like Tales is keeping with the darker vibes of Berseria with this new title, which I was a fan of. Looking forward to it, and really hoping for a good Collector's Edition 😁

Edited by eigen-space

Posted (edited)

There's bound to be new information during the Tales of festival. @MidnightDragon They've already announced names and shown character model for 2 of the protagonists.

Edited by Edunstar84

I honestly thought it was Tales of Arse, then realized I was misreading it. Regardless, it is great they're coming up with a new Tales game on PS4. I really loved the old Tales series on PS2 and is in the process of playing Tales of Xillia 2.

Love the Tales games but the character design looked a bit shit, it did look like they were aping Xenoblade or something along those lines, especially the male character. They look more like the characters you'd see in a gacha mobile game rather than some of the great designs over the years in other Tales games. Still, early days, and I'm sure they'd have a costume select anyway. The world looked beautiful but given the budget they usually have to work with (these games don't really sell *that* well) I hope we don't get a half-finished game like we did when they moved onto the Xillia engine for last gen.

With names and VAs of the MC and Heroine

Alphen (voiced by Takuya Satou)

Tales-of-Arise_06-15-19_Alphen-Art-600x4

From planet Dahna. A young man who wears an iron mask and lost both pain and memory. Sparked by his encounter with Shionne, he takes the “Sword of Flame” in hand and throws himself into battle for the freedom of Rena.

Shionne (voiced by Shino Shimoji)

Tales-of-Arise_06-15-19_Shionne-Art-600x

From planet Rena. A girl cursed by “Thorns” that cause intense pain to anyone she touches. She joins forces with Alphen for a hidden purpose and battles in rebellion against her own people of Rena.

Posted (edited)

I hope the story and the gameplay are good because Alphen's chara design looks very generic and I still can't unsee Lailah when I look at Shionne.

Edited by Myu

I like the artwork. Alphen reminds me a bit of Dark Souls, especially with the burning sword.

Posted (edited)

On 10/06/2019 at 7:27 PM, eigen-space said:

0:46 can only make me think of:

Spoiler

Edited by Hadeshii

On 6/10/2019 at 6:18 PM, andrehunter said:

What would be a good entry point (a PS4 game) to the series? This trailer got my attention for sure. By the way are the games related in anyway?

Personally, I'd say Berseria is a great entry point for the series. And no, none of the games are related in any way so you can play the games in whatever order you'd like! The only (localized) games that are related to each other are Xillia and Xillia 2, and Symphonia and Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Hope this info helped you out!

On a different note, I'm so excited for this release!! Can't wait to see what other characters will be introduced :)

20 hours ago, dennish8stennis said:

Personally, I'd say Berseria is a great entry point for the series. And no, none of the games are related in any way so you can play the games in whatever order you'd like! The only (localized) games that are related to each other are Xillia and Xillia 2, and Symphonia and Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Hope this info helped you out!

On a different note, I'm so excited for this release!! Can't wait to see what other characters will be introduced :)

Berseria is related to Zestiria though.

4 hours ago, Myu said:

Berseria is related to Zestiria though.

You are totally right, not sure how I forgot that lol! My bad!

New video briefly showing a new character (possibly a mascot) and a bit of combat:

Since I'm thinking about getting Berseria and Zestiria I might start getting more 'Tales of' games. lol. They have to be recent/new though. I haven't decided on Vesperia but I'm thinking about getting this.

What do you all think? I think I need some more information first and with a vague release date of '2020' I clearly have time. 😅