E3 2019: Tales of Arise Announced

MidnightDragon

Played the demo twice. I really like the battle system. It's really fluid, and responsive. I love the watercolor effect on the characters and the environment. You can tell that it's on a new processor. The environment pops up really well, and there's more details in it, too. Will play it a third time on Hard tonight. I can't wait to play the full game next month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Played the demo twice. I really like the battle system. It's really fluid, and responsive. I love the watercolor effect on the characters and the environment. You can tell that it's on a new processor. The environment pops up really well, and there's more details in it, too. Will play it a third time on Hard tonight. I can't wait to play the full game next month.

Already have it downloaded on my PS5! Can't wait to head home after work and play it for hours. ? I'm happy to hear good reviews about it!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I played the demo last night. Pretty fun for the most part. The bosses were way too hard though. For me anyway. Although obviously I had no idea what to do and wasn't using a guide so I guess that's to be expected? Either way hopefully I'll do better with a guide. 1f613.png

You're not alone there. I think everybody feels the same way about the bosses. If this was the actual game, I'm pretty sure most players would be over-leveled at this point. Doesn't help that the game auto puts you at level 25 which is one level below the boss.

18 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I played the demo last night. Pretty fun for the most part. The bosses were way too hard though. For me anyway. Although obviously I had no idea what to do and wasn't using a guide so I guess that's to be expected? Either way hopefully I'll do better with a guide. 1f613.png

2 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

You're not alone there. I think everybody feels the same way about the bosses. If this was the actual game, I'm pretty sure most players would be over-leveled at this point. Doesn't help that the game auto puts you at level 25 which is one level below the boss.

Really?! Were you guys playing on hard? I was playing on Moderate and had an okay-ish time the first time. Then I just leveled up on my 2nd (Rinwell) run. I had a much better time. I ate Beef Stew at the camp and went around leveling up. ALTHOUGH I didn't battle the "optional" boss. I wanted to do that on my 3rd Hard run. 

That being said, I really liked playing Rinwell. I feel that her artes are fast-paced, and I can dodge out of a spell with speed. I hate playing mage in the other Tales, so I end up playing the MC for the most part, except for Tales of Graces f. I can't wait to play the full game.

Which characters did you both like the best? I'm pretty sure I will playing this demo to death. Not today though, I gotta redeem some codes for Genshin Impact.

18 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Really?! Were you guys playing on hard? I was playing on Moderate and had an okay-ish time the first time. Then I just leveled up on my 2nd (Rinwell) run. I had a much better time. I ate Beef Stew at the camp and went around leveling up. ALTHOUGH I didn't battle the "optional" boss. I wanted to do that on my 3rd Hard run. 

Which characters did you both like the best? I'm pretty sure I will playing this demo to death. Not today though, I gotta redeem some codes for Genshin Impact.

I wouldn't say hard hard for me, it was just difficult fighting that Mantis the first time through when I was still getting used to the controls. The second time though, I didn't die at all and was better prepared. I was playing on Normal. (I'm probably just a bad gamer. LOL)

I haven't played through all the characters yet but Rinwell is my favorite to play as so far. It's fun just spamming artes. ?

• Like 1