Dying Light 2 (February 4, 2022)

CEe7K0I.png

WELCOME

IN THE WORLD OF DYING LIGHT 2

Over 20 years ago in Harran, we fought the virus—and lost. Now, we’re losing again. The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. Civilization has fallen back into the Dark Ages. And yet, we still have hope.

You are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. But your exceptional abilities come at a price. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth… and find yourself in a combat zone. Hone your skills, as to defeat your enemies and make allies, you’ll need both fists and wits. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But wherever your actions take you, there's one thing you can never forget—stay human.

https://dl2.dyinglightgame.com

Edited by ziggypossum
Delayed again till 2022
  • Like 4

I wish they would’ve shown something more substantial about the game. We already knew it was being released, and we’ve seen story trailers about the world and how your choices matter.

I was hoping for a gameplay demo but it wasn’t meant to be :( maybe it’ll pop up more throughout the rest of E3. I’m so excited to know that it’s coming in less than a year, Spring 2020!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

w7aK2Ug.jpg

Dying Light 2 Collector's Edition possible leak and price (via Xzone Czech) (self.GamingLeaksAndRumours)

Price was set to about: 210 €

https://reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/l3f0iy/dying_light_2_collectors_edition_possible_leak/

On 10/06/2019 at 4:28 AM, theSpirae said:

I'm kinda getting sick of these generic, wanna-be cool, hoody wearing badasses. It's unoriginal, unappealing and it's been done so many times already

Its hard to create something new. You can’t do much with zombie games or movies. They’re usually the same, the point to me is: being a badass. Slaying zombies is fucking awesome and thats all that matters. ?

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Techland released a video update on Dying Light 2 today, reaffirming the 2021 release window and promising more information "very, very soon."

https://www.gamesradar.com/more-dying-light-2-info-is-coming-next-week/

Fans getting rabid in those tweets. People need to calm down, this doesn't need to be another Cyberpunk situation. Don't need Dying Light 2 to be an unfinished mess. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

"We have gathered the most frequently asked questions and Tymon Smektała, Lead Game Designer of Dying Light 2, chose a few of them to answer with some interesting news about the game! Here is our first episode of the new Ask Me Anything series, but this is only a beginning."

• 4 weeks later...

Dying Light 2 Teaser Trailer Announces May 27 Reveal

Techland's latest teaser reveals that more information about Dying Light 2 will emerge on May 27 via the studio's official Twitch channel.

https://screenrant.com/dying-light-2-teaser-trailer-upcoming-reveal

• Like 1

Im currently playing (messing around tbh) Dying Light 1. 

Its actually really good fun, got the Following Enhanced edition nice and cheap and yes it makes you feel badass. Which like other ppl, was the only reason i wanted to play it. 

I just want to smash Zombies anyway i can. 

So im pretty excited for the 2nd one and see what they can do to improve the experience. 

Edited by punkshepherd
  • Like 1

Dying Light 2 is coming on December 7

A new gameplay trailer revealed today goes deep into what players can look forward to.

After 3 years of waiting, a stretch that included delays, reports of chaos, and reassurances that it was not trapped in development hell, Dying Light 2 now has a release date. Techland revealed during today's livestream that Dying Light 2 Stay Human, as it is officially known, will be out on December 7, and preorders are live now.

Set 20 years after the events of Dying Light, Dying Light 2 Stay Human sets players off a romp through the City, humanity's last stronghold, which they'll explore using advanced parkour mechanics and, when necessary, "tactical" combat. As in the first game, gameplay will change with the dynamic day-night cycles, which will see more, and more powerful, zombies emerge when the sun goes down. But nighttime also offers opportunities for high-value looting that just aren't there during the day: More risk, more reward. 

The new game will be bigger than the original Dying Light, with expanded parkour abilities, a much larger map, and narrative choices that will have an impact on the game world. In a 2018 preview, for instance, players searching for a missing NPC could opt to support one of two different factions, which would impact the game world and available resources. 

And, no surprise here, zombies aren't the only thing to worry about: "Plunder abandoned lairs of infected at night and discover the dark secrets of those in power by day," Techland said. "Players must choose which side they want to take and write their own story."

Dying Light 2 will be available in three editions—standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate—and there's a swanky collector's edition as well, complete with a UV-illuminated statuette. Preordering any of them will also get you the Reload Pack, a collection of bonus items including a unique outfit, weapon, and paraglider skin. Full details are up at dyinglightgame.com, and if you missed the livestream reveal you can catch the whole thing below.

https://www.pcgamer.com/dying-light-2-is-coming-on-december-7/

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 1