Trophy Thoughts?

15 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

Another massive multi-game collection without a platinum? Konami must have caught whatever ailment Capcom has been suffering from for the past five or so years... at least you can get the same amount of points as a platinum if you do all the stacks, I... guess?

10 minute all gold trash games get a platinum while something like this doesn't. What even is life.

They realize now that the platinum is worthless

Looking forward to playing it . I don't care if it doesn't have a platinum . But the fact that most of the trophies are Bronze and there's no silver irritates me . But that's not going to judge if I'm playing it or not , also I hope it will be a hard 100%

Think I only really played the original on the NES which was so much fun.  Maybe a few minutes of Super Contra.

The waterfall level was perfect for couch co-op, a race to the top and to automatically kill your friend who could not keep up. :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Think I only really played the original on the NES which was so much fun.  Maybe a few minutes of Super Contra.

The waterfall level was perfect for couch co-op, a race to the top and to automatically kill your friend who could not keep up. :)

I had fights over that, never a cool thing to do man.?

I love Contra it is one of my favorite franchises in fact.

I am happy the lack of platinum is not a stop for people for enjoy the good old classics, please everyone play Contra Hard Corps it is a master piece just as Contra and Contra lll.

Let's attack agressively!!

• Like 2

I love that is it coming but wish I knew the price as I won't pay £20 for it. maybe bad but yeah sounds abit way off for old classics like them as metal slug was only £15 and if you ask me for all the old ones is worth that much.

Only say the price range as the castlevaina one that has SotN and the other one can't name off the top of my head was 25 for only 2 of them, one being a timeless classic and the other not sure but yeah. Trophy wise it is good as I won't do some crazy run of it where you must beat the game without dying as yeah that is too much for me now adays to do as am not as fast as I used to be.

But game wise I love it as I never played most of the contra games only 3 and the first one I played.

Edited by KANERKB

On 6/9/2019 at 8:40 PM, EternalChaos72 said:

Literally never heard of this game, and I was born in the 90s. Not sure if that makes a difference or not lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't have a platinum. 

How could you not have heard of this game???

Unlimited continues?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, djb5f said:

Completely forgot about the Waterfall comrade killings!

I brought my NES to college and we would play Contra after hitting the bars.  We were pretty groggy in gameplay, but the Waterfall section always caused a Wrestlefest to break out bc the drunker player couldn't keep up. 

Thanks for jogging some funny memories from a few years ago...well, a few decades ago.   ;)

• Like 2

A lot of guys in their late 30s and 40s reminiscing about these games. 

If this is like all the other old classic game collections then there will be some sort of save system. 

Contra 3: Alien Wars is a very difficult game to beat.

Beat the collection super fast on Xbone, probably the first person to do it as well, within a 4 or 5 hours time frame, I attack'd aggressively and I was locked and loaded! :D

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Contra-Anniversary-Collection/achievements?gamerid=284902

For those of you wanting to wait for the patch that give you the Japanese versions may have a huge advantage since those will be much easier for you, since you'll gain access to stage select codes, not to mention almost all the games have limited continues, but like Castlevania there's the save state feature. You can do just fine without those benefits too, especially if you use speed run techniques like I do.

The games that require you to play from start to finish all the way through are:

- Contra (NES USA)

- Contra (Arcade)

- Super Contra (Arcade)

- Contra 3: The Alien Wars (SNES USA)

- Contra: Hard Corps (Genesis USA)

- Super Probotector: Alien Rebels (SNES PAL)

- Probotector (Hard Corps, Mega Drive PAL)

For the Mega Drive PAL version, all you need to do is choose Route E (Secret Boss Arena) to get that one quickly. And the SNES one, Normal or Easy setting counts for the trophy but I recommend you play that one on Hard for the true ending! I still don't have a PS4 yet but I would probably stack all the retro arcade games and collections once i get one. :3

Edited by VixyNyan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

A lot of guys in their late 30s and 40s reminiscing about these games. 

If this is like all the other old classic game collections then there will be some sort of save system. 

Contra 3: Alien Wars is a very difficult game to beat.

Contra 3's top down levels could be a pain but I didn't find the side scrolling levels to be too bad. Hard Corps was the hard one for me, even to this day I haven't been able to finish it without save states

Edited by majob

12 hours ago, VixyNyan said:

Beat the collection super fast on Xbone, probably the first person to do it as well, within a 4 or 5 hours time frame, I attack'd aggressively and I was locked and loaded! :D

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Contra-Anniversary-Collection/achievements?gamerid=284902

For those of you wanting to wait for the patch that give you the Japanese versions may have a huge advantage since those will be much easier for you, since you'll gain access to stage select codes, not to mention almost all the games have limited continues, but like Castlevania there's the save state feature. You can do just fine without those benefits too, especially if you use speed run techniques like I do.

The games that require you to play from start to finish all the way through are:

- Contra (NES USA)

- Contra (Arcade)

- Super Contra (Arcade)

- Contra 3: The Alien Wars (SNES USA)

- Contra: Hard Corps (Genesis USA)

- Super Probotector: Alien Rebels (SNES PAL)

- Probotector (Hard Corps, Mega Drive PAL)

For the Mega Drive PAL version, all you need to do is choose Route E (Secret Boss Arena) to get that one quickly. And the SNES one, Normal or Easy setting counts for the trophy but I recommend you play that one on Hard for the true ending! I still don't have a PS4 yet but I would probably stack all the retro arcade games and collections once i get one. :3

So no unlimited continues?

1 hour ago, pistolpedro said:

So no unlimited continues?

Almost all of these games have limited continues and once those are used, you have to start over.

I don't remember exactly which ones, but Contra 3: The Alien Wars and Contra: Hard Corps gives you only few credits.

in other news, Sony announces the release of the game genie for ps4 which is USB compatible...it includes the following nostalgic codes...slaiuuuuuuz motherf**ker...slaiiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuz...

1. SLAIUZ
    Start with infinite lives...
  2. GXIIUX
    Keep weapons after losing a life...
  3. SLTIYG
    Become invincible and enemies do not shoot at you...
  4. PEIIXZ
    Start new life with machine gun...
  5. ZEIIXZ
    Start new life with flame-thrower...
  6. LEIIXZ
    Start new life with spread gun...
  7. GEIIXZ
    Start new life with laser...

side note: I shot my best friend for taking an unapproved double turn while die trying this game...*sigh* the life of a 6 year old...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 0:15 PM, majob said:

I'd use the code and still lose all my lives by the fourth level as a kid. Contra was something else back in the day. 

me and my friends played the game so much we ended up being able to beat it without the code.  Before we found the code couldn't get past the 2nd level.  having to replay level one over and over only to fail on two made you not want to go on.  once we were able to play the entire thing we slowly got better at each level individually all at once.  Bet today I couldn't get past the 1st level  without the code.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, VixyNyan said:

Almost all of these games have limited continues and once those are used, you have to start over.

I don't remember exactly which ones, but Contra 3: The Alien Wars and Contra: Hard Corps gives you only few credits.

So just keep saving?