Final Fantasy VII Remake (April 10, 2020)

Oh my! Time to save up. I only have two (2) games bought on the very 1st day of release (FFXV and God of War), this will be the third game on this generation I will buy on the release day.

On a side note, there's a resemblance of Lightning (from XIII) to Sephiroth's facial design. Or maybe its due to his hair reflecting pinkish color.

Multiple parts will really kill the pacing in all of the games. It'll be like the Hobbit movies all over again, where each part won't have a proper story structure. The cost isn't the issue, since I've spent hundreds on Sephiroth merch and am willing to spend hundreds on that pretty current-gen HD render of him in the Remake, lol. But a divided-up story would be a major oof. 

• Like 1

I have so much hope in this remake, I want to watch Sephiroth in all his HD glory (and Red XIII, and cross-dressing Cloud, and the Golden Saucer, and...). I hope they did justice to the original OST too, the final battle theme is still in my mind.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably get this day-one.

4 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Last rumor said there will be only two episodes.

This. Most probably the cut-off between the episodes will be after the famous scene with Cloud, Aerith and Sephiroth as it was the end of disc 1 in the PSOne version, if I remember correctly (I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played FFVII yet, even though it has been... 22 years ?)

Edited by goszu
  • Like 1

Too bad about the battle system. Reminds me of the worst of Square's output in that regard. Will wait for a price drop to get it.

And wtf was that Aerith encounter... :\ When you first meet her, she's this strong female character that has managed to survive and grow flowers in the city, she asks you politely if you want some flowers for some of the little money you got, and you can choose to reject it or not, with her feelings for you later being reflected by this choice. That's it, that's the encounter, not all that darkness flowing all around her and she screaming for help. That's way too much forecasting, and not her personality at all. IIRC, she does call Cloud her hero, but that's to keep him around or something, because she miss a person he reminds her of.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, goszu said:

This. Most probably the cut-off between the episodes will be after the famous scene with Cloud, Aerith and Sephiroth as it was the end of disc 1 in the PSOne version, if I remember correctly (I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played FFVII yet, even though it has been... 22 years ?)

Yeah better not spoil anything because the internet is full of whiners and moral b*****s.

I am concerned with all the changes they are making, will they be good or bad? This looks more like a Re-Imagining which I have no problem with at all as long as it is well done (unlike some other Re-Imaginings that have come out lately) and they do not take forever to release the episodes. Granted I would wait for the entire game to be released anyway.

The trailer look very beautiful though, wonder how Materia will work.

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

Too bad about the battle system. Reminds me of the worst of Square's output in that regard. Will wait for a price drop to get it.

What's wrong with the battle system?  It's like KH, if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Here's a new official screenshot of Aerith. Once the Square Enix trailer drops, i will update the OP and rename the topic tittle to reflect the changes.

D8sakoYVsAAejMK.jpg

Looks like a babe to me.... I fail to see what's wrong/ problem here. ?

9 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Looks like a babe to me.... I fail to see what's wrong/ problem here. ?

I put a timestamp on that video. You'll see my issue there. I have nothing against how she looks. This however, by the surroundings and because of the flowers etc, looks like the first time you meet her. I don't get where else it could be, and if you look closely at the 50 second mark, you'll see it probably says "Loveless" on the wall, next to a cinema. That is where you first meet her, and you get the option to buy a flower from her. She's totally calm then, and none of the dementors from Harry Potter or her screaming for help happens. In fact, I think it's out of character for her to be screaming like that at all. She's the lonely girl who has been surviving in the slums for so long. Escaping each time the Turks come for her, and while you help her escape that one time, she likely would have made it on her own too. She's the girl who leaves the party later, risking her life, to do what she thinks she has to do to save the planet etc.

That happening would feel totally out of place in the original game, and gives us way too much forecasting. In the original they did give some small hints, but it seemed more natural and not such a big deal, and things like the guy you find in a tunnel/hut/pipe whatever in the slum, with a number, that's the kind of thing that rewards exploration and creates more of a mystery rather than mess too much with the plot.

Edited by MMDE

If the battle system is like Type-0, I probably won't be able to play because of motion sickness. FFXV is great for me in that regard because you don't have to do much in battles.

@MMDE it's the exact same place she offers him a flower but those dementor-like creatures are a new thing. I have never seen them anywhere in the original game or any FFVII-related stuff.