Final Fantasy VII Remake (April 10, 2020)

For those of you who pre-ordered the game before COVID-19 got this bad (me)... your SOL.

GameStop is closing all stores and is allowing employees in only so you have to pre-order the game again and pay full price in order to receive it.

They also announced some sort of Delivery kind of thing via e-mail. I got one anyway.

4 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

For those of you who pre-ordered the game before COVID-19 got this bad (me)... your SOL.

GameStop is closing all stores and is allowing employees in only so you have to pre-order the game again and pay full price in order to receive it.

They also announced some sort of Delivery kind of thing via e-mail. I got one anyway.

They're going to be doing curbside pickup for preorders from the news article I read

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/gamestop-closes-stores-to-customers-offers-curbside-pickup-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/

Edited by SnowxSakura

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Pretty much. I still lost my pre order. So I'll have to set this up for me soon-ish.

Sorry for the double post... but... YEP. I'm SOL.

I can't even pre-order this on GameStop.com or Amazon anymore.

Looks like I won't be getting this on Day One. Which is fine, I guess, with my whole 'I'm still a year+ behind on games' backlog and all... but...

I'd be lying if I was to say this isn't going to bother the hell out of me. ?

6 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Looks like I won't be getting this on Day One. Which is fine, I guess, with my whole 'I'm still a year+ behind on games' backlog and all... but...

I'd be lying if I was to say this isn't going to bother the hell out of me. 1f611.png

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/final-fantasy-vii-remake-deluxe-edition-playstation-4/6352243.p?skuId=6352243

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/final-fantasy-vii-remake-standard-edition-playstation-4/8561024.p?skuId=8561024

both versions still available for preorder on there

• Like 1

Still no trophy list leaked right? 

19 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'd be lying if I was to say this isn't going to bother the hell out of me. 1f611.png

19 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Cheapest price for Europe (standard edition only):

https://www.base.com/buy/product/final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps4/dgc-ff7ps4.htm

On 23/3/2020 at 10:25 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

For all GameStop closed in Italy, where I pre-ordered all games, I had to buy at full price (70,98€ each): Nioh 2, Doom Eternal, and I have Pre ordered online RE3 Remake and FF VII. 

The COVID situation in Italy is so critical and messed up that I guess all stores (except food supplies, supermarkets and pharmacies) will stay closed even until TLOU 2... All games that I had pre-ordered at GameStop trading ONE, (I mean, only one used game, really) valuable game valid for a special promotion, and I would have paid all the games I've mentioned above ?, 19,90€ each. 

Yes. lol

10 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Just a fair warning, the full game just leaked, so get ready to dodge massive spoilers for the next two weeks.

Reveal hidden contents

gwzh44pur8p41.jpg

Oh great :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

I ordered from bestbuy for delivery, hopefully it'll be ok

Edited by Dav9834

19 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

My on-going issue has finally been resolved thanks to getting a new card in the mail today.

I was finally able to re-pre-order it from Best Buy. lol.

Now in terms of it arriving on time... We'll see obviously. 1f613.png

Because all of that, yesterday I actually pre-order the digital version (plus P5R...), on one hand, it's a total waste of money, on the other, I get to play at release, and wait for the physical one to arrive later (FF7R Deluxe and P5R Phantom Thieves Editions). 

Sadly though, I will barely have any time to play them.. 

By the way, anyone knows how the digital games Pre-load work? I ideally would like to have them on my hdd this weekend, but not sure if it's possible to Pre-load this soon. 

1 hour ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Just a fair warning, the full game just leaked, so get ready to dodge massive spoilers for the next two weeks.

Reading this comment, i realize that there are people who haven't played the original. I wonder though what % of the total owners will play it for the first time

3 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

By the way, anyone knows how the digital games Pre-load work? I ideally would like to have them on my hdd this weekend, but not sure if it's possible to Pre-load this soon. 

I think you'll have to wait at least until April 7 to pre-load it. I too recently had to go digital with RE 3 and i can't pre-load the game until April 1st, 2 days before release.

2 hours ago, Taizuke said:

I think you'll have to wait at least until April 7 to pre-load it. I too recently had to go digital with RE 3 and i can't pre-load the game until April 1st, 2 days before release.

Yes, I finely had the chance to get on ps4 and checked, it says that's only on the April 8th. 

Still not sure how it works, since P5R was saying that it would auto-start the download at March 28th, and it didn't started yet (it's currently 3:30 am on the 28th here), still as long as P5R finish downloading before Sunday afternoon, it's ok for me. 

As for FF7R, I really need to figure out a way around (I will only have mobile Internet in that place, and while I have an unlimited data plan, it isn't supposed to be shared to other systems, and I'm guessing that FF7R is a 100gb download...). 

• 4 weeks later...