enaysoft

Deleted from PS+ users?

58 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

When this game was free on PS+ some years ago it worked fine. But when I downloaded it today, even though it successfully downloaded all 6 episodes, only ep1 and ep6 work, it's like the licence has expired so eps 2 and 5 don't work anymore, even though they are downloaded fine, those 4 episodes say "coming soon" and are unplayable

 

Is the game broken now since it's been delisted?

 

I tried manually redownloading those episodes but was just the same.

 

I think it's broken now. Can anyone who got this free on PS+ please confirm?

 

Thanks.

Edited by enaysoft
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wow. The same thing is happening to Minecraft story mode. Good thing I already have the Platinum for this

Edited by VanDeaM
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 2 works for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Episode 2 works for me.

 

Hey man, thanks for the reply. Did you redownload the whole game just now or was it still on your harddrive and you tried to boot it up just now?

 

I deleted mine and then redownloaded and that's when the problem occured.

Edited by enaysoft
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will download the game and report back on its status. I would sure be very surprised if a PS+ game became unavailable without any prior announcement.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

I will download the game and report back on its status. I would sure be very surprised if a PS+ game became unavailable without any prior announcement.

 

Yes I would be surprised too, but I guess PS+ is a grey area since technically I never bought the game but it was downloaded when PS+ gave it away for free one month, and with Minecraft being removed even when you BOUGHT IT, I have no idea what is going on.

 

Right now if I boot up the game, save 1 and click Play, it just says COMING SOON EPISODE 2 and when I click PLAY it just comes up with a popup saying "COMING SOON The Episode is coming soon" and after clicking OK it just goes back to main menu.

 

It's weird that Episode 6 is there.

Edited by enaysoft
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I downloaded it months before. Each episode boots.

 

 

Edited by Kishnabe
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

under download list you should have your episodes listed, hopefully they didn't ruin your run for game of thrones plat.

wish they gave notice to download the episodes if this was going to happen.

Edited by lordguwa
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

I downloaded it months before. Each episode boots.

Same here. I just finished all 6 episodes 1-2 weeks ago, actually.

 

I have zero interest for the show (Season 8, anyone?) and played it just for the trophies, but I ended up somwhat enjoying it. After Episode 6 I could see why there were plans for a sequel, but then Telltale happened over half a year ago. Stuff TWAU S2 & Stranger Things: The Telltale Series!

 

11 minutes ago, lordguwa said:

under download list you should have your episodes listed, hopefully they didn't ruin your run for game of thrones plat.

wish they gave notice to download the episodes if this was going to happen.

 

Don’t forget there’s always the Downloads List on the online PS Store website. If it’s not on your console, scroll down the list to find the episodes to add them to the downoad queue. Unfortunately it’s useless for the PS3 version as the download queue hasn’t been working on the system for a while now because $ONY...

 

@Lance_87

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

 

Yes I would be surprised too, but I guess PS+ is a grey area since technically I never bought the game but it was downloaded when PS+ gave it away for free one month, and with Minecraft being removed even when you BOUGHT IT, I have no idea what is going on.

 

Right now if I boot up the game, save 1 and click Play, it just says COMING SOON EPISODE 2 and when I click PLAY it just comes up with a popup saying "COMING SOON The Episode is coming soon" and after clicking OK it just goes back to main menu.

 

It's weird that Episode 6 is there.

OK, I can confirm that the game works fine for me, after finding the game in the store I could only choose Episode 2 to download, but then from the game menu I could click on the other episodes and it would take me to the store site, where the download button was available. I also started Episode 2 to make sure everything was fine and it played without problems. I wonder what's up with your game (for the record, I am in the EU region).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

OK, I can confirm that the game works fine for me, after finding the game in the store I could only choose Episode 2 to download, but then from the game menu I could click on the other episodes and it would take me to the store site, where the download button was available. I also started Episode 2 to make sure everything was fine and it played without problems. I wonder what's up with your game (for the record, I am in the EU region).

 

Thanks for the test man, you could only choose Episode 2 to download? were Episodes 3, 4, 5 and 6 missing to you? I'm UK account.

Well I will delete the game and try and download it all again.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

 

Thanks for the test man, you could only choose Episode 2 to download? were Episodes 3, 4, 5 and 6 missing to you? I'm UK account.

Well I will delete the game and try and download it all again.

 

When I found the game in my PS+ library and clicked on it, it only showed Episode 2, but once the game downloaded and I played it, in the episode menu I was able to click on all the other episodes and they downloaded without problems.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope still not fixed, comes up with an error ingame saying that it failed to download.

 

Now I'm in a really awkward situation, I already have the first chapter completed but I haven't synced yet and fiddling around in the PSStore for long worries me as my PSN is going to auto sync at any time, and then I'm quite likely in the situation that I can never get 100% on this game and can't delete the trophy list because it's more than 0%, so now what do I do?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Nope still not fixed, comes up with an error ingame saying that it failed to download.

 

Now I'm in a really awkward situation, I already have the first chapter completed but I haven't synced yet and fiddling around in the PSStore for long worries me as my PSN is going to auto sync at any time, and then I'm quite likely in the situation that I can never get 100% on this game and can't delete the trophy list because it's more than 0%, so now what do I do?

 

 

I actually realized something which may make my situation different from yours - I do actually own this game (not through PS+ but I actually purchased it) as it came with the Telltale bundle, which I wanted mostly for the Walking Dead series. No matter what, this is a very strange situation, I wonder if contacting Sony's customer support could help you. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

det_gittes, many thanks for your multiple replies, you've been a great help :)

 

I logged into my PSN account from my PC and noticed nothing was there so I forced the Game Of Thrones episodes to my account using that download list feature. After doing so logging into my PSN account with my PS4 in the store, nothing happened. So I quickly searched for episode 2 whilst I was logged in but when I got there it already said "installed" so I couldn't download the episode as I already had it.

 

After about 20 seconds and time ticking away I pulled out my Internet cable.

Thankfully nothing was synced.

 

A moment ago I was literally seconds away from giving up and either deleting my account/formatting my harddrive.


To do so I logged out and into my Japanese account and then proceeded to the area where you can delete a user. It was just then as I was doing that that I noticed I had a message literally seconds ago and it said that Game Of Thrones Episode 2 had failed to download.


With a sudden burst of excitement, I plugged my Internet connection back in while still on my Japanese account, hit resume and it worked! The episode downloaded and I booted up and installed the game on my Japanese account, it's weird that it downloaded even though I'm not in my UK account to sync with PS4, but it still started to download!


When I booted up the game, it did some sort of installation and hey presto, it had installed eps 1, 2 and 6.

 

So now I'm here looking at three more download queues, I repeated the same steps, this time I have eps 3, 4 and 5 coming along.
No idea why it would not allow me to download those episodes or why it would assure me they were already installed

 

I'm not sure what I did wrong in the first instance, but my god I'm so glad I managed to get this fixed. So many hours wasted...backing up all my saves and images to multiple USB sticks

Anything else reading this my word of advice is, make sure you boot up the game and make sure all of the episodes are installed before you start, incase you need to delete a 0% trophy list.
 

[edit] Just as I finish typing this all 6 seconds successfully installed! Hooray!

 

Alongside Minecraft story edition and any other Telltale games, this sort of situation might get even worse.

Grab all the Telltale games while you've still got the chance!

Edited by enaysoft
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just another prime example why I fiercly refuse to purchase digital games. They can fuck you over any time and there's nothing you can do about.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

det_gittes, many thanks for your multiple replies, you've been a great help :)

 

I logged into my PSN account from my PC and noticed nothing was there so I forced the Game Of Thrones episodes to my account using that download list feature. After doing so logging into my PSN account with my PS4 in the store, nothing happened. So I quickly searched for episode 2 whilst I was logged in but when I got there it already said "installed" so I couldn't download the episode as I already had it.

 

After about 20 seconds and time ticking away I pulled out my Internet cable.

Thankfully nothing was synced.

 

A moment ago I was literally seconds away from giving up and either deleting my account/formatting my harddrive.


To do so I logged out and into my Japanese account and then proceeded to the area where you can delete a user. It was just then as I was doing that that I noticed I had a message literally seconds ago and it said that Game Of Thrones Episode 2 had failed to download.


With a sudden burst of excitement, I plugged my Internet connection back in while still on my Japanese account, hit resume and it worked! The episode downloaded and I booted up and installed the game on my Japanese account, it's weird that it downloaded even though I'm not in my UK account to sync with PS4, but it still started to download!


When I booted up the game, it did some sort of installation and hey presto, it had installed eps 1, 2 and 6.

 

So now I'm here looking at three more download queues, I repeated the same steps, this time I have eps 3, 4 and 5 coming along.
No idea why it would not allow me to download those episodes or why it would assure me they were already installed

 

I'm not sure what I did wrong in the first instance, but my god I'm so glad I managed to get this fixed. So many hours wasted...backing up all my saves and images to multiple USB sticks

Anything else reading this my word of advice is, make sure you boot up the game and make sure all of the episodes are installed before you start, incase you need to delete a 0% trophy list.
 

[edit] Just as I finish typing this all 6 seconds successfully installed! Hooray!

 

Alongside Minecraft story edition and any other Telltale games, this sort of situation might get even worse.

Grab all the Telltale games while you've still got the chance!

Haha, that's quite a story, and it's great that you've managed to get it all sorted out, in fact I may install the Wolf Among Us just in case because even though the completion percentage is not my greatest concern ;), it is a game I actually want to play at some point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, German Atheist said:

Just another prime example why I fiercly refuse to purchase digital games. They can fuck you over any time and there's nothing you can do about.

It was just an error.... 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It was just an error.... 

The same "error" that removed "p.t." from all download lists?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It was just an error.... 

This time. But It's already being reported that on top of being delisted, TellTale games are becoming unplayable, ala P.T. Meaning if you don't have all episodes downloaded, in their entirety by the date of them being removed, then you are SOL. You will still have them in your download list, but you will no longer be able to download them. Even if you "purchased" them. So far, the only game I personally have seen listed is Minecraft Story Mode. But I haven't really done any digging. But just to be safe, I downloaded all TellTale games I haven't played yet. You never know. I'd rather not take my chances.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, German Atheist said:

The same "error" that removed "p.t." from all download lists?

PT was completely free, there is no point to complain about losing a free trinket, people just like to whine.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, German Atheist said:

Just another prime example why I fiercly refuse to purchase digital games. They can fuck you over any time and there's nothing you can do about.

 

Unfortunately that also means you won’t get to play an enormous number of worthwhile games, as only the AAA games get a physical release.

 

Additionally, most games released these days barely function without a day-one patch. So even if many years down the line you think you are safe with your physical copy... you are not, not really as you wouldn’t be able to get the patches. 

 

It sucks, but the way I see it, live with it. Let’s be honest, do you really want to play that extinct game again or it is mostly the thought that you can’t anymore? I’ve downloaded all my Telltale games to my external drive too, but to be honest I don’t ever see myself replaying them. Not with my backlog. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, German Atheist said:

The same "error" that removed "p.t." from all download lists?

 

P.T. was not removed from download lists. It was literally removed from the PSN servers. And it wasn't a full game anyway.

 

If something happens with the TellTale games, it would be a VERY bad precedent.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have fully downloaded all episodes of GoT TellTales like 6 months ago (got it through "free" ps+ games, and dowloaded one by one in the episode order). I will start the game today and if sth wrong happens, I will tell here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Like P.T. Telltale's Minecraft story mode really is being delisted forever. P.T was annoying but at least it was free, but Minecraft that game after this month you can't ever download it ever again even if you paid for it, that just seems really wrong, if not illegal.

 

I find this game, Game Of Thrones and Tales From The Borderlands quite frustrating because although Disc versions exist both games DO NOT include the final episode, episode 6. Which means one day, completely broken releases.

I mean why bother having a disc version if the entire game doesn't exist on it?!

 

I don't know what's worse, being able to play 0% of a game or being able to play 90% of it. How many people one day are going to pick up the game second hand and not be able to play the final chapters because they didn't know any better...

 

Reminds me when I was younger watching a VHS tape of a film, to then towards the end of it suddenly realize somebody had recorded over the ending with another TV show. Wouldn't have had started had I have known in advance.

Edited by enaysoft
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.