Deleted from PS+ users?

You

2 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

PT was completely free, there is no point to complain about losing a free trinket, people just like to whine.

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

P.T. was not removed from download lists. It was literally removed from the PSN servers. And it wasn't a full game anyway.

Seems like you don't get my point. Well, it's not the first time... :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sifferino said:

Unfortunately that also means you won’t get to play an enormous number of worthwhile games, as only the AAA games get a physical release.

Additionally, most games released these days barely function without a day-one patch. So even if many years down the line you think you are safe with your physical copy... you are not, not really as you wouldn’t be able to get the patches. 

It sucks, but the way I see it, live with it. Let’s be honest, do you really want to play that extinct game again or it is mostly the thought that you can’t anymore? I’ve downloaded all my Telltale games to my external drive too, but to be honest I don’t ever see myself replaying them. Not with my backlog. 

I've been playing games for three decades now. How many games have I missed along the way? Thousands. But I don't care. I still have a fair amount of unplayed games sitting on my shelves. Download games are grossly overpriced (Iron Snout costs 5 bucks on PSN but is free on Steam) and you don't own them. But that stack of games on my shelves, getting dustier every day, are my private property. I own them. They're mine. Even if the developers or publishers go out of business one day, I'll still be able to play them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, German Atheist said:

Even if the developers or publishers go out of business one day, I'll still be able to play them. 

But normally when this happens, games are still available for download. I don't understand what makes the Telltale games so "special".

Just now, Lance_87 said:

But normally when this happens, games are still available for download. I don't understand what makes the Telltale games so "special".

Expired licenses, I guess. Hundreds of games have been pulled off digital platforms due to licensing problems. Maybe that's the case here too. We simply don't know the contractual details here.

• Like 2

Just now, German Atheist said:

Expired licenses, I guess. Hundreds of games have been pulled off digital platforms due to licensing problems. Maybe that's the case here too. We simply don't know the contractual details here.

Pulled off digital platforms, but again, still downloadable as many times as i want, if i already have them on my account.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Pulled off digital platforms, but again, still downloadable as many times as i want, if i already have them on my account.

Things can change any time. Sony can change the rules as they please. That's my main gripe about digital goods: You're not in control at all. But that stack of games on my shelves... you get the idea. ;)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, German Atheist said:

Things can change any time. Sony can change the rules as they please. That's my main gripe about digital goods: You're not in control at all. But that stack of games on my shelves... you get the idea. ;)

And they would decide to remove games starting from the Telltale ones? Why am i still able to download and play stuff delisted 8+ years ago? Again, what makes the Telltale games so "special" that they have to get the P.T. treatment? If it's really happening, of course, it could even be just a badly worded official statement. I heard something about "Telltale servers" but that just doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

And they would decide to remove games starting from the Telltale ones? Why am i still able to download and play stuff delisted 8+ years ago? Again, what makes the Telltale games so "special" that they have to get the P.T. treatment? If it's really happening, of course, it could even be just a badly worded official statement. I heard something about "Telltale servers" but that just doesn't make any sense.

For minecraft at least it will no longer be downloadable after June 25th

“On behalf of the publisher, Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series, Season 1 and 2 will no longer be supported on June 25th, 2019. If you have purchased these seasons, please download all remaining episodes prior to the service being discontinued in June."

So if you own either season of Minecraft: Story Mode on Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Android, or iOS, you have until June 25th, 2019 to download the episodes. We’d recommend checking you have all the episodes downloaded!

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/important-minecraft--story-mode-information

• Like 1

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Because they can? It's up to the license holder to decide if users can keep their purchases or not

But with the exception of P.T., we have ALWAYS kept the purchases. The only other cases of removals were temporary, i.e. PSP games used for piracy-related exploits.

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I guess this is the first time a license holder is enforcing their rights to remove a digital license

This could set a precedent 

I'm pretty sure it's against a ton of laws. They took away something you purchased. I'd see that happenening for PS Plus as you'll never know what you'll get. But if you actually purchased a specific game... well, that's sounds like illegal to me. Imagine buying a pair of shoes and a year later the store owner comes to you takes the shoes away. I'd call that theft.

• Like 1

But that statement was issued through a 3rd party. Yes, they own the property but it is effectively no different then Disney commenting on Battlefront 2. They may just be (probably are) misinformed because there is no precedent for this. I have loads of delisted games on my download list and I can still download all of them. P.T. is the one exception that people cling to, but was a free demo, it is not the same.

2 minutes ago, Angelo Urkel said:

Well, technically you're buying a license attached to your account.

But again, some countries don't give a damn about that sentence ("you're not blahblahblah"), just like when you said "it's against a ton of laws".

I wonder why no gaming news site are reporting this yet.

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

But again, some countries don't give a damn about that sentence ("you're not blahblahblah"), just like when you said "it's against a ton of laws".

I wonder why no gaming news site are reporting this yet.

I guess in our case it's against certain EU laws. Gamings news sites are busy covering E3. Probably that's the plan behind this. Everyone is looking at LA, not paying attention to the shit on the sidelines.

Pretty sure that Minecraft site was mistaken, not understanding how delisted games work.

If you have the license or the disc, I am 99% sure it will still work after June 25th.

31 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

For minecraft at least it will no longer be downloadable after June 25th

“On behalf of the publisher, Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series, Season 1 and 2 will no longer be supported on June 25th, 2019. If you have purchased these seasons, please download all remaining episodes prior to the service being discontinued in June."

So if you own either season of Minecraft: Story Mode on Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Android, or iOS, you have until June 25th, 2019 to download the episodes. We’d recommend checking you have all the episodes downloaded!

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/important-minecraft--story-mode-information

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angelo Urkel said:

I guess in our case it's against certain EU laws. Gamings news sites are busy covering E3. Probably that's the plan behind this. Everyone is looking at LA, not paying attention to the shit on the sidelines.

True dat... hopefully June 25th is long after the end of E3, so we'll see what happens.

1 hour ago, Angelo Urkel said:

But that stack of games on my shelves, getting dustier every day, are my private property. I own them. They're mine. Even if the developers or publishers go out of business one day, I'll still be able to play them.

True. But you won’t be able to download patches as I said. That means that some (most?) of those games will barely be playable. Granted that’s still better than nothing, but in practical terms... ?

12 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

True. But you won’t be able to download patches as I said. That means that some (most?) of those games will barely be playable. Granted that’s still better than nothing, but in practical terms... ?

I don't need to download anything because my entire physical PS3 and PS4 collection is already fully installed and patched. ;) HDDs have never been cheaper.

12 minutes ago, Angelo Urkel said:

I don't need to download anything because my entire physical PS3 and PS4 collection is already fully installed and patched. ;) HDDs have never been cheaper.

Talking about HDDs, i still don't understand if the PS3 supports 1.5TB drives or not...