soul level 1 challenge, prepare to die

this thread is for anyone that has completed the slv 1 challenge in any of the soulsborne games. here the rules of how the challenge works:

required: 

* clear the game without leveling up even once (this is the core requirement of the lv 1 challenge. the point is to clear the game without levelling up)

* don't use other players to help you clearing the game (the game would be challenging anymore if other players could do it for you, besides they probably wouldn't be lv1 either)

* a lot of patience and skill ? (don't think i have to explain this one :))

optional:

* adding a picture that proves you completed the challenge (even though this is optional, it's highly recommended because it's just much more fun when posting it here. everyone could say they did it but having proof of it is just much better. don't forget that your picture should show show 3 things. * something that proves you cleared the game * that you're still lv1 * your username. also make sure they are all on the same picture because it still no proof if it's not)

* levelling up your equipment (this is no problem since it's a soul lever challenge. in other words you can't level yourself but you can level your gear)

* killing all optional bosses (unnessecary for teh challenge but it might be fun to do as well. some stuff might even be helpful as it would grant you additional stuff)

* completing all sidequests (same reasoning as above)

* completing the DLC (same reasoning as above)

* platinum trophy collected (obviously a fun thing but irrelevant for the challenge)

* speedrunning (might be a fun addition to the challenge as well. but not required)

* using NPC's to aid you (i have put this in optional as it has nothing to do with your slv and is a fair part of the game. however this is the only one in the optional category that i would NOT recommend doing. simply because some bosses allow this feature and some don't. meaning there is a major skill difference required for them. when you're levelling normally there is also a difference but a lot less since you will be punished way harder and the enemies a lot less, so the NPC's will have a much bigger role to play in the fights. and since the slv1 challenge is meant to show off your skills, i wouldn't be fun to complete it only just because you could summon help)

* mentioning which of the optional things you did/didn't have done (this is to get a better picture of how you completed your challenge. as mentioned in the previous example, some can highly influence the amount of skill needed to succeed, so it would only be fun to get credit for what you did and didn't do)

just in case you are a die hard dark souls fan which thinks evenm the slv challenge is way too easy. then try completing the slv1 challenge again on NG +

in case you have managed to pull this off as well use this thread instead: NG+ soul level 1 challenge

gl and have fun every1 with the challenge ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is mine, i have done dark souls 1: 

I0H5RRL.jpg

as for the additional details:

* levelling up your equipment yes (no specific reasoning)

* killing all optional bosses yes (to me it felt like more fun to do so)

* completing all sidequests no (have done a lot of em but skipped the very long boring things like maxing all covenants)

* completing the DLC no  (would defenitely have liked to but i don't have the DLC)

* platinum trophy collected yes (done it but before i started the lv1 challenge)

* speedrunning no (also fun but i rather just took my time by completing other stuff as well)

* using NPC's to aid you no (actually im quite happy i didn't. even though is just fair, it feels like cheating when doing a challenge like this)

Edited by yiazmat50112254
  • Like 3

Ok FINALLY someone who shares the same passion with me about soulsborne and stupid challenges xD 

So far I have completed all the games on SL1/BL4. All I can share now are my video playlists for Bloodborne and Dark souls 3. Note that I did the Chalice Dungeons BL4 as well , Ihyll was no joke !

Dark Souls 3 list : 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ7gyNCnDXxSkw_NCbFyzGWcSrdS3AN9C

Bloodborne list:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ7gyNCnDXxQjqiexeSFyWi42R12_1H1U

I will search for the picture proof for DS1 and Demon Souls , since I did those on PS3 and recording wasn't a thing. For DS2 I only have a few videos at SL1 (Darklurker, Nashandra, Lud n Zallen and throne watchers and defenders) but since it's not a full run I won't share those. Maybe I will even attempt fist only sl1 CoC run when I feel suicidal enough xD 

I also did a Bloodborne gun only run , although I don't know how much that would count for fun challenges. It was pretty easy to pull off tbh .

EDIT: I never finished an NG+ run mainly because i got bored of the games in question. However I believe there DS1 would be the hardest to do mainly because the goddamn Four Kings.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

Ok FINALLY someone who shares the same passion with me about soulsborne and stupid challenges xD

haha same ??

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

So far I have completed all the games on SL1/BL4. All I can share now are my video playlists for Bloodborne and Dark souls 3. Note that I did the Chalice Dungeons BL4 as well , Ihyll was no joke !

Dark Souls 3 list : 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ7gyNCnDXxSkw_NCbFyzGWcSrdS3AN9C

Bloodborne list:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ7gyNCnDXxQjqiexeSFyWi42R12_1H1U

wow very well done seems you poured a whole lot of work into it ? 

also very nice you recorded all the boss fights in DS3 and BB

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

Maybe I will even attempt fist only sl1 CoC run when I feel suicidal enough xD 

haha ok, sounds nuts. i like it :P 

gl with that.

I also did a Bloodborne gun only run , although I don't know how much that would count for fun challenges. It was pretty easy to pull off tbh .

ah ok, fun to know anyway :)

EDIT: I never finished an NG+ run mainly because i got bored of the games in question. However I believe there DS1 would be the hardest to do mainly because the goddamn Four Kings.

i'm doing a NG+ run on it right now, however i haven't reached 4 kings yet so i'm curious how it will work out. 

gl on your challenges ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

gl on your challenges 1f44d.png

Thank you ! I wish to redo my SL1 run for DS1 and DS2 as well . In DS1 Remastered I reached ornstein & smough but then I got bored. I will definetly finish my youtube list by then.

If I were to class the sl1/bl4 runs in terms of difficulty , it would be DeS<DS1<DS2<DS3<<<<<<<<<<Bloodborne. Stupid Bloodborne is no joke!

Btw , would a sekiro run no prayer beads upgrade also count? Prayer beads act as HP/Posture status so that could also be a decent challenge.

• Like 1

Update : I dusted off my PS3 ,here are my Demon Souls SL1 run picture proof(at the best quality ever of course). Sorry for the 240p graphics , in the top corner you can see it;s my PSN profile icon

https://ibb.co/Vqmn6nv
https://ibb.co/6ZM08zH

https://ibb.co/KmKWfys

As for DS1 , here is my proof that I am SL1 , Dark wraith covenant and Soul of Gwyn. I can't prove that I did it solo , you will have to wait for my remaster run videos xD 

https://ibb.co/NKWGYC2

For DS2 ... I don't have the full run. However I have some of the most annoying bosses done at SL1 so that should be enough hahah

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ7gyNCnDXxRKs7R5PnxlS-TXwY7BEFM2

• Like 3

I am glad to see people doing challenge runs in Soulsborne. I personally did SL1 run in DS1 (RTSR, FAP ring, Power Within and Club just melts everything), DS2 (hardest thanks to adaptability), DS3 and Bloodborne BL4 with story chalice dungeons (those that lead to Yharnam). But the most fun with challenges i ever had were those inspired by Lobos. I tried the randomizer run and that was a lot of crazy fun, recently i tried enemy randomizer which was neet too and last but not the least Scorched Contract for DS1 (the best mode for DS). The most hellish challenge i did for me was (challenge forced upon myself by my OCD) collecting every single piece of equipment, all of the spells, armors etc. in every single Soulsborne game. To this day i have PTSD of those female ghosts and their Ghost dagger.

• Like 2

This is amazing. Thank you for doing this. Glad to see other trophy hunters that are into these games as much as I am. I've done SL1 challenges and all Souls games except for Sekiro (which I'm hoping to do soon), however it's been a while and I no longer have my PS3, but I should have the save file for DS3 and BB. I do plan on replaying all Souls games before Elden Ring comes out, so this will be a fun challenge to keep in mind.

• Like 2

On 11-6-2019 at 2:26 PM, Copanele said:

Thank you ! I wish to redo my SL1 run for DS1 and DS2 as well . In DS1 Remastered I reached ornstein & smough but then I got bored. I will definetly finish my youtube list by then.

sounds nice, gl with that as well

If I were to class the sl1/bl4 runs in terms of difficulty , it would be DeS<DS1<DS2<DS3<<<<<<<<<<Bloodborne. Stupid Bloodborne is no joke!

On 11-6-2019 at 8:59 AM, Copanele said:

not sure if i understand right, but i assume u mean your ranking is referring to regular lv1 runs, where bloodborne is hardest. but DS1 is hardest for a NG+ lv1 run?

Btw , would a sekiro run no prayer beads upgrade also count? Prayer beads act as HP/Posture status so that could also be a decent challenge.

actually i didn't even have heard of sekiro before, i checked it out and seems like fun as well. another game i would like playing haha ?

since i haven't played it i can't say for sure but i think it seems like a valid challenge as well

1 minute ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

not sure if i understand right, but i assume u mean your ranking is referring to regular lv1 runs, where bloodborne is hardest. but DS1 is hardest for a NG+ lv1 run?

Exactly ! Funny enough but in regular LV1 runs (NG) , bloodborne would technically be the hardest (because if you tackle chalice dungeons, the depth 5 ones would be kinda like NG+4 I think?).

However in Bloodborne you can become stupid OP even without levelling up + parrying and riposting most stuff.

Whereas if you hit NG+ in DS1... some bosses will be absurdly strong compared to their regular counterpart. 4Kings , Gwyn and Manus will feel horribly unfair truth be told. At least that was my experience so far. It can go really different for someone else :)

• Like 1

On 12-6-2019 at 3:47 PM, Copanele said:

Update : I dusted off my PS3 ,here are my Demon Souls SL1 run picture proof(at the best quality ever of course). Sorry for the 240p graphics , in the top corner you can see it;s my PSN profile icon

https://ibb.co/Vqmn6nv
https://ibb.co/6ZM08zH

https://ibb.co/KmKWfys

As for DS1 , here is my proof that I am SL1 , Dark wraith covenant and Soul of Gwyn. I can't prove that I did it solo , you will have to wait for my remaster run videos xD 

https://ibb.co/NKWGYC2

For DS2 ... I don't have the full run. However I have some of the most annoying bosses done at SL1 so that should be enough hahah

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ7gyNCnDXxRKs7R5PnxlS-TXwY7BEFM2

also very nice, thats a whole lot of work there. 

On 12-6-2019 at 3:47 PM, Copanele said:

that's a good point, as you know i have only done DS1 and posted the picture about it, but indeed it can't prove that the game is soloed. any idea's how i can prove that?

3 minutes ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

that's a good point, as you know i have only done DS1 and posted the picture about it, but indeed it can't prove that the game is soloed. any idea's how i can prove that?

Only with the remastered version you can prove by recording the boss fights honestly. Whereas in Demon Souls... you can't summon anyone since the servers are dead.

You CAN use Biorr for Penetrator but...well he's useless xD But well this is a normal challenge, it ain't necesarily the " pics or didn't happen" situation (Like sl1 NG+7 would be, there I would request videos indeed) so besides a picture I don't really think you need more to prove honestly.

• Like 2

On 12-6-2019 at 5:29 PM, WeprCZ said:

I am glad to see people doing challenge runs in Soulsborne. I personally did SL1 run in DS1 (RTSR, FAP ring, Power Within and Club just melts everything), DS2 (hardest thanks to adaptability), DS3 and Bloodborne BL4 with story chalice dungeons (those that lead to Yharnam). But the most fun with challenges i ever had were those inspired by Lobos. I tried the randomizer run and that was a lot of crazy fun, recently i tried enemy randomizer which was neet too and last but not the least Scorched Contract for DS1 (the best mode for DS). The most hellish challenge i did for me was (challenge forced upon myself by my OCD) collecting every single piece of equipment, all of the spells, armors etc. in every single Soulsborne game. To this day i have PTSD of those female ghosts and their Ghost dagger.

On 12-6-2019 at 6:12 PM, StrangeInStereo said:

This is amazing. Thank you for doing this. Glad to see other trophy hunters that are into these games as much as I am. I've done SL1 challenges and all Souls games except for Sekiro (which I'm hoping to do soon), however it's been a while and I no longer have my PS3, but I should have the save file for DS3 and BB. I do plan on replaying all Souls games before Elden Ring comes out, so this will be a fun challenge to keep in mind.

fun to see more people popping up doing the challenges. both of you good luck on your challenge ?

On 12-6-2019 at 5:29 PM, WeprCZ said:

The most hellish challenge i did for me was (challenge forced upon myself by my OCD) collecting every single piece of equipment, all of the spells, armors etc. in every single Soulsborne game. To this day i have PTSD of those female ghosts and their Ghost dagger.

haha ok, fully agree it's a challenge on it's own to get all of them. the weapon trophy was by far the last one to get before platting DS1. and obviously platinum trophies aren't exactly known as giveaways, especcialy not in soulsborne ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Exactly ! Funny enough but in regular LV1 runs (NG) , bloodborne would technically be the hardest (because if you tackle chalice dungeons, the depth 5 ones would be kinda like NG+4 I think?).

However in Bloodborne you can become stupid OP even without levelling up + parrying and riposting most stuff.

Whereas if you hit NG+ in DS1... some bosses will be absurdly strong compared to their regular counterpart. 4Kings , Gwyn and Manus will feel horribly unfair truth be told. At least that was my experience so far. It can go really different for someone else :)

ah ok, interesting stuff. curious to see how i do vs them :)

12 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Only with the remastered version you can prove by recording the boss fights honestly. Whereas in Demon Souls... you can't summon anyone since the servers are dead.

You CAN use Biorr for Penetrator but...well he's useless xD But well this is a normal challenge, it ain't necesarily the " pics or didn't happen" situation (Like sl1 NG+7 would be, there I would request videos indeed) so besides a picture I don't really think you need more to prove honestly.

ok sounds fair?

• 1 month later...
On 13/6/2019 at 4:28 PM, yiazmat50112254 said:

fun to see more people popping up doing the challenges. both of you good luck on your challenge 1f44a.png

haha ok, fully agree it's a challenge on it's own to get all of them. the weapon trophy was by far the last one to get before platting DS1. and obviously platinum trophies aren't exactly known as giveaways, especcialy not in soulsborne 1f61c.png

Thanks! I still watch challenge runs on Twitch regularly, so hopefully I won't be too rusty once I get around doing this lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Huh. Didn't know this was here.

Anyway, I did an SL1 run. No outside help, though I did summon NPCs (I wanted the full experience, particularly with my sun bro).

I beat all of the optional bosses, and even did things like beating Kirk over and over. I saved a copy of the SL1 game, and leveled for NG+ to get the plat out of the way, but then re-loaded my SL1 game again. I think I might try the SL1 NG+ challenge. I will definitely summon NPCs for that one, though.

• Like 2

I am trying right now a challenge that it's fun only in Dark Souls 2 : 

- SL1

- Covenant of Champions

- Fists only (no fist weapons)

The only weapon i used was the dagger to farm awestones for CoC covenant, I need a ring there. Not sure but I have the feeling that this challenge will be more painful than full Bloodborne BL4 run.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Anyway, I did an SL1 run. No outside help, though I did summon NPCs (I wanted the full experience, particularly with my sun bro).

I beat all of the optional bosses, and even did things like beating Kirk over and over.

congratz on completing your first challenge

19 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I saved a copy of the SL1 game, and leveled for NG+ to get the plat out of the way, but then re-loaded my SL1 game again. I think I might try the SL1 NG+ challenge. I will definitely summon NPCs for that one, though.

gl on your NG+ SL1 challenge

13 hours ago, Copanele said:

I am trying right now a challenge that it's fun only in Dark Souls 2 : 

- SL1

- Covenant of Champions

- Fists only (no fist weapons)

The only weapon i used was the dagger to farm awestones for CoC covenant, I need a ring there. Not sure but I have the feeling that this challenge will be more painful than full Bloodborne BL4 run.

wow thats sounds like an incredible challenge. wish u gl with that, curious to hear how it went ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

wow thats sounds like an incredible challenge. wish u gl with that, curious to hear how it went 1f44a.png1f44d.png

Thanks, I will keep you updated(still farming for the damn things) xD main game bosses won't be that hard, it's the DLC that will test my limits though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Copanele said:
9 minutes ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

wow thats sounds like an incredible challenge. wish u gl with that, curious to hear how it went 1f44a.png1f44d.png

Thanks, I will keep you updated(still farming for the damn things) xD main game bosses won't be that hard, it's the DLC that will test my limits though.

haha ok, in that case gl with the farming and the dlc's :) 

since i finally have completed my NG+ SL1 run in DS1 (see other thread) i have decided to start with DS2 now as well. but right now i'm just playing a regular run. but maybe i consider doing challenge runs afterwards haha. luckily i do have the DLC's of DS2 so i can play them too, managed to buy the sotfs edition bout a week ago for a decent price (10€) 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 2:22 PM, yiazmat50112254 said:

haha ok, in that case gl with the farming and the dlc's :) 

since i finally have completed my NG+ SL1 run in DS1 (see other thread) i have decided to start with DS2 now as well. but right now i'm just playing a regular run. but maybe i consider doing challenge runs afterwards haha. luckily i do have the DLC's of DS2 so i can play them too, managed to buy the sotfs edition bout a week ago for a decent price (10€) 

Let me give one spoiler free advice - invest into the ADP (adaptibility stat). It influences your roll i-frames and quality-of-life actions (like drinking estus). It's a dumb stat but quite important nonetheless!

Ok soooo, I will do ONE update about this SL1 Fist run if anyone is interested:

For this run,unless you hate yourself and want to do it fist only and nothing else, you will need the Vanquisher Ring. It's a reward given from the Covenant of Champions ( also known as CoC) at covenant level 3 after you trade in 50 Awestones. You get Awestones only from invaders, which will be a pain in the ass however there's a surefire method to farm them : Rhoy the Explorer. You find this fine lad in the Grave of Saints area ( Royal Rat Vanguard zone , tons of rats and traps). Getting that Ring is pretty pesky at regular levels ,let alone at SL1 level. What I did (added under the spoiler tag to avoid extra wall of text): 

Spoiler

- Start a new Deprived character (SL1) with a bonfire ascetic as a starting gift

- Get the Stone Ring from the first Ogre in Things Betwixt. Took me 30 minutes to punch him to death with regular punches, pitiful damage. It's an important item don't skip it.

- (optional to save you from despair) Get the dagger in Things Betwixt - behind the first fog wall to the left of the path.

- Get the Blue Ring from the Crestfallen in Majula. It gives you abit of health.

- Go and activate the two Forest of the Fallen Giants bonfires while collecting everything you can, including souls! . Also be very careful not to lose any souls.

- Go and defeat the Dragonslayer with the fall off the map exploit (not an exploit really, just a dumb boss fight. Link here if you wish to know how + timestamps : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgj-O4TBa5c&t=82s). Why doing it? He gives you lots of souls. DO NOT ACTIVATE THE LEVERS ON THE WAY TO HIM! leave the platform as it is.

- With the newly acquired souls , go buy the Silvercat ring from Shalquoir the Cat in Majula. That bling costs 13600 souls , that's why we killed the dragonrider first

- Go back to the Cardinal Tower bonfire in Forest of the Giants and buy the Pharros Lockstone from the grandma.

- In the Forest, go down the ballista area and get the Life Ring. You will need it.

- Back to Majula, equip the Blue Ring, Life Ring and Silvercat ring, unequip any other equipment you might have on you and roll into the pit. You will have a sliver of life left. Heal yourself( better stock up on lifegems and get the estus shards for extra estus) and roll until you see the first edge that's made of rock. That's the Grave of saints.

- Now the tricky part begins. Go through the grave as you would usually do. Near the second bonfire activate the Pharros door that would pull down the drawbridge(it's the mouth in the floor near the place where a drawbridge would be, but it has to be near the second bonfire. After that make sure you defeat Royal Rat Vanguard by any means necesary ( I did it with an axe).

- Get back to the first bonfire, use the bonfire ascetic on it . While being in the CoC , go offline , teleport to the second bonfire , go down the stairs to the left of the bridge and then back up. Rhoy will start to spawn!  He can spawn indefinetly.

- He can easily two shot you so , with the rings of giant equipped and 2 handing the dagger, wait for him to come to you on the bridge and then R2 Stab him off the bridge! It's important to be on the bridge that you dropped down because a. Rhoy has a lot of Health so shoving him is the only thing that matters and b. The rats that are around the level won't follow you on the bridge for...some reason.

- After you get 50 of those crap awestones ,trade them at the CoC shrine and Voila you got the ring! Time to be the most Mike Tyson fella in Drangleic.

This run took me abit to setup. I am definetly having alot of fun with it. I won't do the run in CoC mode since the game is straight up bullshit in DLC and I don't want to waste any more time than necesarry. I wish to have fun not to kill myself. I have defeated 2 bosses so far(Last Giant and Pursuer), it definetly gets harder from here. For the 2 unconventional kill bosses( Dragonrider and Royal Rat Vanguard) I will just Bonfire Ascetic to respawn them. Of course together with Vanquisher Seal, I will also go for Ring of Blades, it increases the damage too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=694ydBvktnU - last giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZmGcoGS_qE - pursuer

I will update more when I get to important parts of the game. Sorry for the wall of text @yiazmat50112254, your thread reopened my craving for soulsborne xD .

Cheers!

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

On 28-8-2019 at 2:53 PM, Copanele said:

Let me give one spoiler free advice - invest into the ADP (adaptibility stat). It influences your roll i-frames and quality-of-life actions (like drinking estus). It's a dumb stat but quite important nonetheless!

good point, wasn't aware this stat would be important. i'll keep it in mind :) 

Ok soooo, I will do ONE update about this SL1 Fist run if anyone is interested:

For this run,unless you hate yourself and want to do it fist only and nothing else, you will need the Vanquisher Ring. It's a reward given from the Covenant of Champions ( also known as CoC) at covenant level 3 after you trade in 50 Awestones. You get Awestones only from invaders, which will be a pain in the ass however there's a surefire method to farm them : Rhoy the Explorer. You find this fine lad in the Grave of Saints area ( Royal Rat Vanguard zone , tons of rats and traps). Getting that Ring is pretty pesky at regular levels ,let alone at SL1 level. What I did (added under the spoiler tag to avoid extra wall of text): 

Reveal hidden contents

- Start a new Deprived character (SL1) with a bonfire ascetic as a starting gift

- Get the Stone Ring from the first Ogre in Things Betwixt. Took me 30 minutes to punch him to death with regular punches, pitiful damage. It's an important item don't skip it.

- (optional to save you from despair) Get the dagger in Things Betwixt - behind the first fog wall to the left of the path.

- Get the Blue Ring from the Crestfallen in Majula. It gives you abit of health.

- Go and activate the two Forest of the Fallen Giants bonfires while collecting everything you can, including souls! . Also be very careful not to lose any souls.

- Go and defeat the Dragonslayer with the fall off the map exploit (not an exploit really, just a dumb boss fight. Link here if you wish to know how + timestamps : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgj-O4TBa5c&t=82s). Why doing it? He gives you lots of souls. DO NOT ACTIVATE THE LEVERS ON THE WAY TO HIM! leave the platform as it is.

- With the newly acquired souls , go buy the Silvercat ring from Shalquoir the Cat in Majula. That bling costs 13600 souls , that's why we killed the dragonrider first

- Go back to the Cardinal Tower bonfire in Forest of the Giants and buy the Pharros Lockstone from the grandma.

- In the Forest, go down the ballista area and get the Life Ring. You will need it.

- Back to Majula, equip the Blue Ring, Life Ring and Silvercat ring, unequip any other equipment you might have on you and roll into the pit. You will have a sliver of life left. Heal yourself( better stock up on lifegems and get the estus shards for extra estus) and roll until you see the first edge that's made of rock. That's the Grave of saints.

- Now the tricky part begins. Go through the grave as you would usually do. Near the second bonfire activate the Pharros door that would pull down the drawbridge(it's the mouth in the floor near the place where a drawbridge would be, but it has to be near the second bonfire. After that make sure you defeat Royal Rat Vanguard by any means necesary ( I did it with an axe).

- Get back to the first bonfire, use the bonfire ascetic on it . While being in the CoC , go offline , teleport to the second bonfire , go down the stairs to the left of the bridge and then back up. Rhoy will start to spawn!  He can spawn indefinetly.

- He can easily two shot you so , with the rings of giant equipped and 2 handing the dagger, wait for him to come to you on the bridge and then R2 Stab him off the bridge! It's important to be on the bridge that you dropped down because a. Rhoy has a lot of Health so shoving him is the only thing that matters and b. The rats that are around the level won't follow you on the bridge for...some reason.

- After you get 50 of those crap awestones ,trade them at the CoC shrine and Voila you got the ring! Time to be the most Mike Tyson fella in Drangleic.

This run took me abit to setup. I am definetly having alot of fun with it. I won't do the run in CoC mode since the game is straight up bullshit in DLC and I don't want to waste any more time than necesarry. I wish to have fun not to kill myself. I have defeated 2 bosses so far(Last Giant and Pursuer), it definetly gets harder from here. For the 2 unconventional kill bosses( Dragonrider and Royal Rat Vanguard) I will just Bonfire Ascetic to respawn them. Of course together with Vanquisher Seal, I will also go for Ring of Blades, it increases the damage too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=694ydBvktnU - last giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZmGcoGS_qE - pursuer

sounds fun, wd on the bosses so far.

but just curious, u mentioned u skipped the CoC part. but also that u sticked to do the SL1 fist only run. but u also mentioned to use a dagger or axe. so do you mean to mostly use fists and sometimes switch to dagger or axe or am i misunderstanding?

I will update more when I get to important parts of the game. Sorry for the wall of text @yiazmat50112254, your thread reopened my craving for soulsborne xD .

haha no problem at all, it's fun to read about it and fun to see the enjoyment in the soulsborne games. good to hear my thread helped with that ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

but just curious, u mentioned u skipped the CoC part. but also that u sticked to do the SL1 fist only run. but u also mentioned to use a dagger or axe. so do you mean to mostly use fists and sometimes switch to dagger or axe or am i misunderstanding?

Ok ,to explain, i used the dagger ONLY for the farming part. That's the only exception in my run. Technically I can farm the awestones with my bare hands too but...I don't fancy killing an invader for 1 month straight just trying to hit him. After I get the ring that I need , I discard any weapon and kill every boss or enemy in the game at SL1 fist only.

My challenge was initially SL1 Fist only CoC. Now it's SL1 Fist Only . Playing in CoC would require insane amount of tries(enemies respawn indefinetly and inflict more damage,also more health) and truthfully I am not THAT invested in the game xD  I do wish to finish this challenge by the end of the year also.

To give a perfect example: Everything in DLC one shots you at sl1 without the CoC . Adding the CoC makes them one shot you AND be tougher to kill AND respawn indefinetly. I don't wanna do that truth be told . 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Ok ,to explain, i used the dagger ONLY for the farming part. That's the only exception in my run. Technically I can farm the awestones with my bare hands too but...I don't fancy killing an invader for 1 month straight just trying to hit him. After I get the ring that I need , I discard any weapon and kill every boss or enemy in the game at SL1 fist only.

My challenge was initially SL1 Fist only CoC. Now it's SL1 Fist Only . Playing in CoC would require insane amount of tries(enemies don't respawn anymore and inflict more damage,also more health) and truthfully I am not THAT invested in the game xD  I do wish to finish this challenge by the end of the year also.

To give a perfect example: Everything in DLC one shots you at sl1 without the CoC . Adding the CoC makes them one shot you AND be tougher to kill AND respawn indefinetly. I don't wanna do that truth be told . 

ah i get it, the knife just for the farming and i assume the axe is just for the rat, sounds fair to me. the challenge is already very hard as it is. and obviously it should be fun to do as well. 

gl on the rest of your challenge ✊?