hardcore soul level 1 challenge, NG+. prepare to DIE

this thread is for anyone that has completed the NG+ slv 1 challenge in any of the soulsborne games. here the rules of how the challenge works:

required: 

* clear the game without leveling up even once (this is the core requirement of the lv 1 challenge. the point is to clear the game without levelling up)

* after you cleared the game without leveling up even once, you will do it again on the same playthrough on new game + (this is the core requirement of the lv 1 NG+ challenge. the point is to clear the second playthrough without levelling up)

* don't use other players to help you clearing the game (the game would be challenging anymore if other players could do it for you, besides they probably wouldn't be lv1 either)

* tons of patience and skill ? (don't think i have to explain this one :))

optional:

* adding a picture that proves you completed the challenge (even though this is optional, it's highly recommended because it's just much more fun when posting it here. everyone could say they did it but having proof of it is just much better. don't forget that your picture should show show 3 things. * something that proves you cleared the game on NG+ * that you're still lv1 * your username. also make sure they are all on the same picture because it still no proof if it's not)

* levelling up your equipment (this is no problem since it's a soul lever challenge. in other words you can't level yourself but you can level your gear)

* killing all optional bosses (unnessecary for teh challenge but it might be fun to do as well. some stuff might even be helpful as it would grant you additional stuff)

* completing all sidequests (same reasoning as above)

* completing the DLC (same reasoning as above)

* platinum trophy collected (obviously a fun thing but irrelevant for the challenge)

* speedrunning (might be a fun addition to the challenge as well. but not required)

* using NPC's to aid you (i have put this in optional as it has nothing to do with your slv and is a fair part of the game. however this is the only one in the optional category that i would NOT recommend doing. simply because some bosses allow this feature and some don't. meaning there is a major skill difference required for them. when you're levelling normally there is also a difference but a lot less since you will be punished way harder and the enemies a lot less, so the NPC's will have a much bigger role to play in the fights. and since the slv1 challenge is meant to show off your skills, i wouldn't be fun to complete it only just because you could summon help)

* mentioning which of the optional things you did/didn't have done (this is to get a better picture of how you completed your challenge. as mentioned in the previous example, some can highly influence the amount of skill needed to succeed, so it would only be fun to get credit for what you did and didn't do)

if you have completed the regular SLV 1 challenge, please use this thread instead: regular soul level 1 challenge

gl and have fun every1 with the challenge ?☠️?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have completed the dark souls 1 NG+ SLV1 challenge ???

it was very hard and some bosses took me a LOT of tries, but finally i have done it.

here the proof:

O8Jzcav.jpg

as additional proof, i have also recorded the hardest boss of the entire challenge, the four kings:

as for the optional details, here is it:

* levelling up your equipment yes (no specific reason)

* killing all optional bosses yes (seems like more fun to me)

* completing all sidequests no (almost everything just like previous time. also completed literally every weapon path with the reinforced clubs including slabs)

* completing the DLC no (would really like to but don't have the DLC's)

* platinum trophy collected yes (done it even before i started the regular lv1 challenge)

* speedrunning no (i preferred to complete all optional things)

* using NPC's to aid you no (absolutely not, wanted to complete it all of it by myself.)

Edited by yiazmat50112254
  • Like 4

I have done both Dark Souls 1 and 3 previously. I can't provide evidence right now, but I'm fairly certain I still have the save from Dark Souls 3, although I probably deleted the Dark Souls 1 save. I'll look into it when I get home. Do you have a good idea how to prove it's me? This will be the hardest point for me, since I usually don't name my characters after me.

If I can't find the save, or can't deliver proof, I probably will have to do it all over again. Although I'm busy with some other stuff right now, I was toying with the idea of doing a few Dark Souls runs again anyway. This might just be the motivation I need ?

Anyway, I'll look what proof I can deliver once I get home. 

Good luck to anyone attempting it in the meantime ?

And OP, have fun with NG+ New Kings ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, anonym0904 said:

Do you have a good idea how to prove it's me? This will be the hardest point for me, since I usually don't name my characters after me.

good question, i would recommend putting a piece of paper on your screen with your psnprofiles name written on it. just make sure you don't cover your level 1 stat or your items that prove you cleared the game twice

5 hours ago, anonym0904 said:

And OP, have fun with NG+ New Kings 1f609.png

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

1e7.jpg

haha thx both of you ?.

recognised (great) combustion is your best friend vs 4 kings in the first playthrough, hope it works as well on NG+ too :) 

1 minute ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

recognised (great) combustion is your best friend vs 4 kings in the first playthrough, hope it works as well on NG+ too :) 

Sadly it won't work as well hahah. 4 Kings are super buffed in the NG+ version , they can really kill you in 2 hits.The reason people mention them even in regular runs is because their damage output is utterly insane compared to NG. I believe upgrading all the Giant armor +5 would be the best in aiding you at survival, orrr Red Tearstone Ring + Power Within megabuff for quick damage, although you really have to be pro at dodging their attacks.

Still best of luck in the challenge ! 

• Like 1

On 11-6-2019 at 2:24 PM, Copanele said:

Sadly it won't work as well hahah. 4 Kings are super buffed in the NG+ version , they can really kill you in 2 hits.The reason people mention them even in regular runs is because their damage output is utterly insane compared to NG. I believe upgrading all the Giant armor +5 would be the best in aiding you at survival, orrr Red Tearstone Ring + Power Within megabuff for quick damage, although you really have to be pro at dodging their attacks.

good points indeed,

my theory was to start first by testing if he would 1 shot you with powerful armor on (like giant armor u mentioned or if possible mixed up with elite knight armor) if he indeed 2 shots you (which i assume is the best case scenario considering the power of the boss) i'll go with it. if he ends up really 1 hits you to death i'll do the complete opposite and go naked for the speed/dodge advantage and hope to figure out how to get away from it's aoe attacks.

as for the rings, i guess this is a big thing as well  since you might be unable to equip an additional ring at all because you're stuck with the covenant of artorias. and i use rofap on my first slot and it's feels like a big waste to unequip it. the only thing that i could also try unequipping the ring after i have hit the abyss. not sure if it wioll work though because i have only done it before after beating 4 kings (and it did work at the moment), just not sure if it will work in the middle of a boss fight.

but lets assume it will work then i thought maybe using the ring of steel protection or havels ring in case i use armor, if not so i was actually thinking about the darkwood grain ring for better dodging, but haven't thought about the red tearstone ring, which is also a great idea imo ?. however im not sure if it will actually work in combination with power within since red tearstone relies on having low HP and power withing drains your HP, can't say for sure though since i haven't tried yet.

also no matter the armor thing, another potential good choice might be a ring that grants an additional attunement slot for obvious reasons

but anyway, enough strategies to try out haha ?

On 11-6-2019 at 2:24 PM, Copanele said:

Still best of luck in the challenge ! 

For the ring, I propose getting the Spell Stoneplate Ring. The armor will give you enough physical advantage , the Kings' attacks are split between physical and magical. You can get 2 rings of favour and protection by killing lautrec and trading Xanthous crown. You could gather those things before tackling 4K. Just a strategy suggestion xD 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Copanele said:

For the ring, I propose getting the Spell Stoneplate Ring. The armor will give you enough physical advantage , the Kings' attacks are split between physical and magical. You can get 2 rings of favour and protection by killing lautrec and trading Xanthous crown. You could gather those things before tackling 4K. Just a strategy suggestion xD 

great point, the magic is probably even more important as it is part of his aoe attacks which are much harder to avoid.

as for the 2nd ring, i might consider that as well. havent traded the xanthous crown teh first time cuz i like to colect the items i don't have yet. but having another one form NG+ makes it possible. still feels strange to destroy a ring like that but i might consider it if he gives me too much of a hard time

I have done Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne on max ng  (ng+7 for Dark Souls and ng+6 for Bloodborne).     

As for the optional requeriments, I killed every optional boss + dlc bosses, didn't summon and got the plat for every Soulsborne game + Sekiro.                         

I love the franchise and I love doing these challenges. It's nice to see other people doing them.     

As proof I will post a link for one highlight boss fight in each game, but you can watch them all on my channel if you want.

Good luck on your  attempts. If you plan on making it to higher game cycles, I recommend you start with Dark Souls. It's by far easier than DS3 and Bloodborne.

Edited by Iperoig
  • Like 1

On 14-6-2019 at 0:18 AM, Iperoig said:

I have done Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne on max ng  (ng+7 for Dark Souls and ng+6 for Bloodborne).     

As for the optional requeriments, I killed every optional boss + dlc bosses, didn't summon and got the plat for every Soulsborne game + Sekiro.

As proof I will post a link for one highlight boss fight in each game, but you can watch them all on my channel if you want.

holy shit, NG+7/NG+6  should have taken a LOT of time. and you even did it for 3 of em. really wel done! ?

love the franchise and I love doing these challenges. It's nice to see other people doing them.   

fully agreed

Good luck on your  attempts. If you plan on making it to higher game cycles, I recommend you start with Dark Souls. It's by far easier than DS3 and Bloodborne.

i think i'm not going to do NG++ and beyond but i will gonna play NG+ SLV1 until its completed (assuming i can complete it in the first place), and then i'm probably going to another game because the skill difference between NG and NG+ is even much higher then NG+ to NG+6. and even though i love the game i probably get bored if i'm going to do too much of the same.

and about dark souls, this is the one i'm actually doing right now,

thanks for sharing and good luck on your remaining challenges 

Sorry to have kept you waiting, but I was busier than expected. However, I finally got around to checking my old Dark Souls files and I did keep my SL1 character.

I can't boast to have completed NG+6 as some other people here, but back in the day I did kill Soul of Cinder four times. Here's proof: ymc0U5e.jpg

(Sorry for the poor Lighting btw, this was the best I could be bothered to do ?)

I also found to my surprise that I did keep my SL1 file in Dark Souls, however that one is still in NG+, so I will post a picture once I get around to finishing that. Knowing myself however, don't keep waiting, that can take a long time. 

I might also try another SL1 in Dark Souls 3 when I'm at it, because this was a long time ago.

But as I said, don't keep waiting, I have so much other stuff going on, so it's gonna take a few months at least before I will get around to it. Unless I get a sudden burst of motivation to play Dark Souls again, but that is rather unlikely ?

In the meantime, good luck to anyone on the path!

• Like 1

On 20-6-2019 at 7:50 PM, anonym0904 said:

Sorry to have kept you waiting, but I was busier than expected. However, I finally got around to checking my old Dark Souls files and I did keep my SL1 character.

I can't boast to have completed NG+6 as some other people here, but back in the day I did kill Soul of Cinder four times. Here's proof: ymc0U5e.jpg

very nice, especcialy that you've completed it already 4 times ?.

might not be NG+6 but 4 times is already quite a lot imo :) 

(Sorry for the poor Lighting btw, this was the best I could be bothered to do 1f609.png)

haha no prob, seems nice to me. certainly a lot better then my pic in the regular thread ?

I also found to my surprise that I did keep my SL1 file in Dark Souls, however that one is still in NG+, so I will post a picture once I get around to finishing that. Knowing myself however, don't keep waiting, that can take a long time. 

I might also try another SL1 in Dark Souls 3 when I'm at it, because this was a long time ago.

But as I said, don't keep waiting, I have so much other stuff going on, so it's gonna take a few months at least before I will get around to it. Unless I get a sudden burst of motivation to play Dark Souls again, but that is rather unlikely 1f604.png

gl on your next challenges ?

In the meantime, good luck to anyone on the path!

thanks.

• 2 months later...

update: finally completed the NG+ LV1 challenge in DS1. ?

it was really hard but also a lot of fun to do. and i completely agree the four kings is the hardest boss in the game. he gave me quite a hard time but i managed to win in the end

i have updated the topic about my results