E3 2019: Watch Dogs 3 Officially Unveiled

BlindMango

That's correct, the game will be set in London, and oddly enough in the future - You can hop between a ton of different characters and do a whole bunch of random chaotic stuff.

This game has really gone a long way from its initial premise, it's approaching Saints Row territory in some ways which I'm sure some will like, but a long way off from the tone, story, and realism that the 2012 vertical slice had. Guess we'll never get that game we were initially shown back in the day. I played 1 and 2 but I dunno if I'll be getting this one if I'm being honest :hmm:

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

That's gonna be a 'yikes' from me, I assume 2 made enough money to keep pumping these games out but all it ever induces in me is cringe. Neither the original nor 2 had anything interesting going for them Trophy-wise, so this is an easy hard pass for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, majob said:

It's missing the camp of Saint's Row, watchdogs is actually taking itself seriously, which is either hilarious or sad.

Considering they called the game Legion I find it hard to tell.

Ep!c haxorz sticking it to da man and da corporations - but please still buy our 60 Dollar corporate-checklist-approved game.

• Like 3

I like the idea of playing as different people but yeah the presentation really makes me wary. I thought Ubisoft said they didn't want to get political after the Ghost Recon stuff too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AK-1138 said:

Stop trying to make Watch Dogs a thing, Ubi. It's never gonna be a thing.

I feel like it was a thing from when it was first shown off (even though we all knew it was Ubisoft's usual trailer BS) right up until launch. The game releasing killed the series forever imho;

I was excited for a new Watch Dogs. I want to like this. But I just can’t bring myself to care.

It’s something about the “play as literally any character and if they happen to die, that sucks” that turns me off about this. I feel like it’s taking away any connection to the character I’m playing as for me, since they’ll just end up another body in an ever-expanding graveyard of my mistakes. Also, it looks like any levels you’ve gained with them go down the drain as well, and the idea of losing all that progress sucks.

The world looks interesting, and the look of a dystopian cyber-enhanced London is an art style I can get behind. Ubisoft has always been great at building worlds imo. But that’s the only thing that I like about this so far. It’s not enough to make me want it.

Also, the whole “every cinematic and cutscene will change based on who you’re playing as, they’re all unique” has me skeptical. How can they make it perfect for every single possible character in all of London for every cutscene? The dialogue will all be unique? I feel they’ll have to start making compromises somewhere in that vision, and it’ll end up being “all soldier-type characters say ‘abc’ here” and “all millennials will say ‘xyz’ here.” I’m worried the game will be too...basic? There’s just too many possibilities to plan for, and they can’t possibly cover them all. Especially because it sounds like it’s only been in development for 2 years? (If I correctly understood the guy who took the stage to talk about the game).

I’ll wait to hear more, but this is looking like wait for a heavy sale for me :( I really enjoyed the first 2 Watch Dogs games, but I’m a skeptic here.

• Like 1

It looks a bit too good to be true. Did they really voice act and have character stories for all those NPCs? I'm expecting some repeating voices/lines and same character stories for certain groups of NPCs, but even then, it's a wildly ambitious game. I don't see this being too fun of a game though. Like after the initial concept sinks in, the gameplay feels mechanically familiar. And with no real story or characters to depend on, I don't find myself getting too invested in this. Still interesting though.

Funny enough my friend and I were talking about this yesterday. I'm surprised there is a third one considering the second game that both my brother and I enjoyed didn't do so well financially but we both enjoyed it. I'm intrigued enough to give this one a shot.

Oh my god man hahahah, this looks terrible, it's the typical neo-ubishit product, atrocious physics, can't get emotionally invested since the "protagonists" are all interchangeable, bland story with nothing unique but the typical leftist drivel (Corporations BAD, revolution NOW), females with no hips and tumblr haircuts, 50kg females and grannies manhandling men with armor ? , gameplay is a joke. Remember that 90% of the footage was scripted so just try to imagine the state of the actual game ? They could have told me this is The Division 3 and I would believe them, great job as always Ubisoft, every year I expect nothing and I still get disappointed 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Why all the negativity? I think it looks absolutely brilliant with all the multiple character selections and game mechanics. I would give it a chance ;)

42 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Kinda surprised with how many people are reacting negatively to this. It does look batshit crazy with the grandma skirt and bike helmet which I'm all about. 

I enjoyed Watchdogs 1 and 2 for what they were. They're not games that I'm overly excited about but they're good enough for me to keep me occupied ~30-40 hours which is good enough. 

Watch Dogs 1 E3 reveal is why people are either negative or wary. They promised a lot and what we got didn't live up to that. So a bit of caution is smart.

• Like 1