Ghostwire Tokyo - a new game by The Evil Within devs (March 25, 2022)

ziggypossum

Ghostwire Tokyo: New Game from Evil Within Developers

Tango Gameworks, the studio behind The Evil Within series, is working on a new game called Ghostwire Tokyo.

"After strange disappearances hit Tokyo’s population, it’s up to you to uncover the source and purge the city of a strange, new evil. Armed with your own mysterious spectral abilities, you will face down the occult, unravel conspiracy theories and experience urban legends like never before."

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/bethesda/281615/ghostwire-tokyo-release-date-trailer-gameplay-news

Edited by ziggypossum
Release Date
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Feral said:

Is it horror though? I thought the chick said yesterday that it wasn't but could be wrong.

Anyway it looks interesting, definitely keeping an eye on it.

They said it's "not the survival horror you'd expect from tango, but an action-adventure game" with paranormal/supernatural elements.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

They said it's "not the survival horror you'd expect from tango, but an action-adventure game" with paranormal/supernatural elements.

Ahh I see, cheers. Running on an hour of sleep messes with the mind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Feral said:

Is it horror though? I thought the chick said yesterday that it wasn't but could be wrong.

Anyway it looks interesting, definitely keeping an eye on it.

https://gfycat.com/impoliteshadowygermanspitz-electronic-entertainment-expo-bethesda-press-conference

Two words :D 

Edited by demonoutcast
  • Like 2

Whatever it is, they were quick to emphasize that it wasn't survival horror, and that it was a kind of action adventure game - the trailer and emphasis on the supernatural obvious means that there is some horror shit by default, but I think it's more for the tone than anything.

And yeah, Ikumi Nakamura is the 'creative director' of this game, so it most likely means Shinji Mikami is taking an off hands producer role like he did with Evil Within 2. I'm a lot more confident with this one over TEW2 as while Ikumi hasn't taken this much responsibility on before, she's worked on some great games over the years as well (Okami/Bayonetta). As always, we don't know till we know (heh), but TEW2 aside, Mikami has also been the producer of some of the best series out there, like DMC, RE2, Viewtiful Joe, Killer7, Phoenix Wright and so on.

Either way, yet to be let down by Mikami and I'm always excited when he's trying something new - the best approach to have in this industry tbh. I think there's good reason to be hype about this one!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Looks like a game's page appeared in PSN

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/ghostwire-tokyo/

Ghostwire: Tokyo PS5™ features

Stunning visuals: With ray tracing and HDR*, the power and speed of the PlayStation 5 console allows you to explore Tango Gameworks' unique vision of Tokyo twisted by a supernatural presence.

Fast loading: Get into the action with near instant load times and traverse the haunted streets of Tokyo without load times thanks to the PlayStation 5 console's ultra high-speed SSD.

Adaptive triggers: Whether fighting with conventional weapons or supernatural powers, adaptive triggers drive you directly into the action.

Haptic feedback: Feel the power of your paranormal abilities with unique haptic feedback for every ability and character action in Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: An ominous giggle behind you. A distant dog's bark. The PS5 console's 3D audio will immerse you in the eerie streets of this unique take on Tokyo.

• 1 month later...

Ghostwire Tokyo DualSense Features and Other Details Revealed

Tango Gameworks’ has revealed some new information about the upcoming PS5 exclusive (timed,) Ghostwire Tokyo, including some details on around the features of DualSense controller.

This was revealed in the latest issue of PLAY magazine (issue #2), where it also talked about how the game will use the new technology available in order to make the game feel more immersive.

Some of the key features the game will employ comes from the PS5’s DualSense controller.

- Haptic feedback will enable players to “feel” their way through deserted streets

- Eerie voices will emanate from the controller’s speakers

- Tango Gameworks is aiming for DualSense to be the “sixth sense” for gamers, and will help in finding clues and solving puzzles

- Tango claims players can close their eyes and “feel” the different attacks (bursts of wind will have a different sensation to the flow of water, etc.)

- Some spirits require you get up close to defeat them, and these will have their own DualSense sensation

- Upgrading your character’s powers, the DualSense will let the player feel the change in their abilities; as the player’s power grows, so does the feedback from the controller, which will let players “feel” their progress.

Ghostwire Tokyo is set for release sometime in 2022.

https://mp1st.com/news/ghostwire-tokyo-coming-exclusively-to-ps5-dualsense-features-revealed

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT

On 7/1/2021 at 10:21 AM, bikeman223 said:

I guess 2022 release date makes sense considering there hasn't been much shown on the game so far. Hope Tango puts that Gamepass PC update for TEW1 on consoles too.

Do you mean the cheat menu? I doubt it but after this game comes out maybe someone could go back and do a PS5/Series patch and throw that in there too.

43 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Do you mean the cheat menu? I doubt it but after this game comes out maybe someone could go back and do a PS5/Series patch and throw that in there too.

The update also included a first person mode which would be nice to have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

The update also included a first person mode which would be nice to have.

Are you guys talking about TEW 1? Because TEW 2 got an update with cheats and FPS mode on PS4. 

Edited by Quink666