If you could recommend one game

MrTriesHisBest

As the title suggests, this spans across all consoles: if you could recommend one game to any person, what would it be? And why is that game so special to you?

Should be a fun way to get to know other people because oftentimes a person's favorite game reflects the either the best time of their life or the thing that carried them through the worst time. Anyway, mine is probably Modern Warfare Remastered because, for lack of a long story, the idea of Captain Price's character really helped me through my mother's passing. What about you all?

TMNT Turtles In Time! This game was special for me just because of how awesome it was to play this in an arcade with 3 other buddies, I would also settle for the SNES version with one friend as well. I mostly miss the era of good couch co-op games or really good arcade games that can be played with others.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a game that'll likely be at or near the top of my favorite game list forever. Everything about it just hit the right buttons for me from the story to the gameplay.

Anyone that hasn't played it is really cheating themselves out of something special.

• Like 4

Man, I don't know if I could do just one game, so many great ones to choose from in so many genres.

Going with a totally unexpected gem, I think I would recommend Elite Beat Agents on the DS which I originally got for my kid.  I am not a rhythm game kind of guy but I absolutely loved that title and played the heck out of it.  All difficulty levels, played through everything the game had to offer multiple times and it led me to the only games I've ever imported, the Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! series (pretty much the same style).

Kingdom Hearts 2 - All of the content in the game is strung together so well and paced so nicely. There's so many hours of content that requires continuous improvement in skill, all the way up to each of the data battles. The worlds and story were also great too :P 

There's games with better stories out there, but this one is the best all around game. You'd be entertained for quite some time if you were stuck on an island with it

Wow. One game huh? I can't differentiate between for a group of people or playing alone or even for a particular age group? Okay, I'll pick one game, but I'm going to name drop a few games here. No one said that we couldn't. :)

This is very close between Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario kart Wii, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem Awakening, and NieR Automata.

But, in the end, I think I will have to go NieR Automata. The game's lore, the music, the plot, the graphics, and the gameplay hit home with me. All the other games (except, you know, Mario Kart's great story and lore) have all of this too. However, NieR Automata is different. This game is filled with sadness, depression, hopelessness, and fear. It paints the world where you question yourself what does living really mean and what's our purpose in life? The game tells a story of love. Of hate. Of vengeance and despair. The game is crafted in such a way that you are taken on a emotional rollercoaster even through the credits.

I never really thought about these things until I played this game. This game is not a very happy one, but I do think it's a game that can make everyone reflect on their own lives and values. I think I can recommend a game like that to anyone. Regardless of preference for games.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

Alien: Isolation, the game that finally got me more into trying the horror genre. People complained that it was too long but I had no issue with that aspect, and I liked it more than most of the movies (though I suppose that’s not really saying much).  The fact that there’ll likely never be a sequel is cancelled Spider-Man 4 levels of disappointment.

Fallout 76. This game was the only thing that was there for me when my entire family and all my friends assassinated because I was way too close to exposing the secrets of Sealand's goverment to the world. Also all my stuff was taken from my apartment because I hadn't paid my taxes while I was out buying this amazing game. Country roads. Lucky for me a friend of mine passed away and I was able to loot their PS4 and TV with issues. Playing this Fallout 76 helped me forget about everyone who died and that fact that I could no longer afford food for me or my dog. The dog is fine, I gave him to a nice family because he kept saving my life from ninjas. Country roads. The game had such great online play that I made new friends who I haven't heard from in months. The gameplay was so good that I forgot about the food I wasn't eating. The story is a masterpiece that will never be topped. The NPCs are the best in any video game ever made and will never be topped. Country Roads. Real time V.A.T.S functions so good I was able to head shot the snipers lining up shots at me outside my window with a 9mm. The game was so polished that I could eat the food I didn't have off of it. The game had graphics so sharp I was able to shave my hairy disgusting legs with them. The bag in the collectors edition was made of 100% canvas. Country roads. The game is 100% glitch free and has no exploits what so-ever. Fallout 76 is a worse joke then this was. The game is really bad, don't buy it. -76/10 ~ Fixed my shattered life so I could play any other game.

I actually recommend The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It always brings me down by reminding me that we are all meaningless and will one day all die in a horrible event we can do nothing about. The game is also pretty good.

Edited by SixyLove
I regret writing this trash. I can't believe 3 people liked this. I didn't edit my post aside from righting this.
  • Like 3