If you could recommend one game

MrTriesHisBest

Dust: An Elysian Tail. One of the best indie and overall games I've played yet. Phenomenal Metroidvania title with an gorgeous art style, smooth combat mechanics that resonated with me, and a decent amount of content that contributes to its enjoyment factor as it's not too lengthy, yet it doesn't feel devoid of content. I was hooked from it right away, and have very fond memories of it to the extent where I've replayed it to obtain a 109% save file.

• Like 2

Yakuza Kiwami. Before playing it I just knew it as that one series that I saw very rarely mentioned and whenever it was, nothing negative was said about it, as well as that one game where all the trophy images are literal trophies. After it was announced to be on plus I was pretty chuffed that I'd get to try it out considering the game being about yakuza, which I was interested in, and a little while later yakuza is now my favourite game series, the only other title I've played so far is yakuza 0 which I loved and played non stop until I finished as well, looking forward to playing the rest of the series when I decide I've had enough of a buffer between the games. 

If you complain about Mahjong though I'll plant bugs in your house :ninja:

Edited by LewdLoliRavioIi
Gotta capitalise Mahjong and give it the respect it deserves

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

I need a Remaster/Remake/PSN port of all of the PS2 THPS games. Perfect blend of arcade, fun, mixed with exploration and difficulty. Trying to figure out goal objectives, like how to collect SKATE in 2 minutes was a blast of trial and error.

Honorable mention: Gran Turismo 4

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

I need a Remaster/Remake/PSN port of all of the PS2 THPS games. Perfect blend of arcade, fun, mixed with exploration and difficulty. Trying to figure out goal objectives, like how to collect SKATE in 2 minutes was a blast of trial and error.

Honorable mention: Gran Turismo 4

I agree. THPS3/4 and the Underground games were great. They probably won't be released again due to licensing issues sadly. I had fun getting the platinum in Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD which was a remake/combination of the first 2 Pro Skater games but sadly it's been removed from PSN now.

• 3 weeks later...

I would probably go for Until Dawn: Rush of Blood because I think it's one of the best experiences you can get in gaming right now and it's suited for almost everyone. The controls are incredibly simple with one Move in each hand so it can appeal to both veteran gamers and beginners. I also feel the VR graphics can entice people who weren't immersed enough when gaming on a TV screen. "Being in the game" thanks to VR makes an absolutely enormous difference for the immersion. It's also a short game with levels so most people can find the time to play it. Everyone should play it.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 9:33 PM, LucianaRosethorn said:

Final Fantasy XIII, to me this is the perfect JRPG. From the battle system, design, lore and generally everything.

I don't agree.  I absolutely hated the combat system on this one.  The story for me hasn't been overly memorable either.

Edited by wafflestomper810

5 hours ago, wafflestomper810 said:

I don't agree.  I absolutely hated the combat system on this one.  The story for me hasn't been overly memorable either.

That's the point of this thread, I don't agree with most of the other games named but it's what the person enjoys. 

• Like 1

I would go for Max Payne 3. It has a very depressive atmosphere (Max´wife and child died) and you can clearly see how tired he is with respect to continue his life.

The reason why I outline the depressive atmosphere is, because back when I platinumed the game in 2012 I was having quite a hard time as well in terms of private life, but almost at the same time when I finished the story, I solved all these private problems as well, so Max´ life was getting better at the same time that mine did lol.

This game will always be my most favorite PS3 game, because I have some kind of emotional relationship to it, as weird it might sound. That´s why I platinumed it once again on my current account :) 

I'll recommend 1 game from every system I played on (form oldest to youngest):

Arcades: Cadillacs and Dinosaurus (one of the best Beat 'Em Ups ever & my favorite one);

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES): Kunio-Kun no Nekketsu Soccer League (maybe the best arcade-style soccer ever made? Extremely funny too!);

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES): Chrono Trigger (one of the best JRPGs ever);

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive: Comix Zone (Beat 'Em Up with an excellent story & idea. Too bad we never got a sequel...);

Sony Playstation (PSOne): Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (maybe the best platform game ever made? Just epic!);

Sony Playstation 2 (PS2): Okami (beautiful story, art, graphics, gameplay. What more do you need?);

Nintendo GameCube (NGC): Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (While playing, you'll constantly ask yourself: WTF JUST HAPPENED!?);

Sony Playstation Portable (PSP): Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (Back to formula that made original trilogy great!);

Sony Playstation 3 (PS3):  The Last of Us (Story that will make you care for the characters).

Edited by kenseizenkai

Bioshock.  The collection is only £7.39 on the EU psn store until tomorrow which is an absolute STEAL.

I still have yet to find any other game that matches the unique and amazing environment or Rapture and I don't think I ever will.  I've been through every version of the game to 100% and would love nothing more than to do them all over again.  I'm making a start on playing all 3 soon for fun soon once again because why not.

This needs to made into an epic TV series!

• Like 1

Final Fantasy 12, PS2 or PS4, doesn't matter.

My first Final Fantasy, the game that got me into gaming, the game I played so many hours, the game that made me buy a PS3 for Final Fantasy 13 and through that purchase showing me so many more great games to this day.

Even though the story might not be the best; the characters are lovable, the music is gorgeous, the scenery is beautiful and the variety of monsters, quests, equipment and places to go is amazing. My personal favorite game of all time.

That's why I easily get mad if people say it's the worst FF game and people won't play it just because it's a different kind of FF game. It's a very good game on its own, so I would always recommend it anyway. ❤️

• Like 4

Obviously, Rayman 2: The Great Escape. If you are a platforming fan you either played it and loved it or you haven't and thus, you live in sin, you heretic. If you aren't into platformers maybe this one will change your mind.

And even if it doesn't, it's far superior to any other offerings in the genre: it doesn't deviate into many other gameplay styles like early 2000 plaftormers tend to do like Sonic Adventure, Crash: Wrath of Cortex, Ty, Jak and Daxter, Vexx or PS2 Spyro which add perhaps too much different playstyles, bloating the game in the process. It' also not as collect heavy as many other platformers like Banjo, 3D Mario, Psychonauts, Gex, DK 64 or the like, which can be a turn off for some. Instead, Rayman 2 focuses on only two types of collectables (golden lums and breakable cages), isolated and easy long-range combat and sublime platforming challenges while also providing a fantasy world of fairies, magic and robots dressed up as pirates. The hair helicopter Rayman does alonside his weight and speed makes it fun to just run from point A to point B in the levels, the music and characters are both charming and it has a Burton-esque feeling with the whole "colorful  cartoon characters living in dark and dreadful world where pirates enslave the population" mood it goes for. So, to be brief, I love this little game and I always enjoy gushiing about it with others, sadly the cult of Rayman 2 needs more new blood in my opinion, so that's my recomendation ;)

• Like 1

Man it sure is tough to just recommend one. One game I still have good memories about is the game called: Remember Me on PS3.

Mainly because this game was released kind of under the radar, and turned out a lot better than I expected.

The story had an interesting concept and visually it looked really nice. Gameplay wise the combat can be compared to the Batman games.

• Like 1

Hitman 2 - I feel like this is a game overlooked by a lot of people even though it's one of the best games in the stealth genre. I would even go so far as to call it one of the best games of this generation. There's a great deal of detail throughout each location from NPC dialogues and actions to the variety of ways you can approach each assassination. 

Edited by ObliviousSenpai
  • Like 1