E3 2019: Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Trailer

5 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I wonder if they'll keep the adjusted spell acquisition option that was introduced to the rerelease on Steam a few years back. I hope so, I hated having to steal spells all the time in the original PS1 version - it kept me from enjoying the game. I might give it another try if they keep the option in there...

Wait, what do you mean with "adjusted spell acquisition option"?

9 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait, what do you mean with "adjusted spell acquisition option"?

There's a magic booster in the steam version that gives you 100 of each of the basic early magic

There was also an option to hit F6 to max your gil and any magic you have on hand.

It's easier to just card mod enemies to turn into high level magic at the beginning of the game

Edited by SnowxSakura

They changed it so you didn't have to spend so much time stealing spells. I don't know the exact details, but once you had a spell they added a way of multiplying it - which I would love to have, because I hated stealing spells. I felt like half my play time was running around for random encounters just to steal more spells, since the number in your inventory affected your stats. I gave up on disc 3 because I wasn't having fun.

Some criticized the new option because it wasn't the "real" way of playing the game. But it was only an option. I say leave the option in there and let players play their preferred way.

Edit: Meant to quote Lance. Brain fart, forgot to do that part.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf

1 minute ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

They changed it so you didn't have to spend so much time stealing spells. I don't know the exact details, but once you had a spell they added a way of multiplying it - which I would love to have, because I hated stealing spells. I felt like half my play time was running around for random encounters just to steal more spells, since the number in your inventory affected your stats. I gave up on disc 3 because I wasn't having fun.

Some criticized the new option because it wasn't the "real" way of playing the game. But it was only an option. I say leave the option in there and let players play their preferred way.

They really should have pushed card mod more in the game, since it's the fastest way of maxing your stats without needing to draw magic at all

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Refine

1 minute ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I'm gonna say this will be an ultra rare platinum due to the fact it won't have cheats, only reason so many people platinumed VII & IX is because of them. It'll be great to see those who actually like the game and those who thought it would be another easy FF platinum. xD

If the trophy list is the same as the steam achievements, I doubt it. The "hardest" achievement on there is keeping squall at level 7 the whole game, and that one is easy too

Why'd the trailer cut the blood from Squall and Seifer fighting?

Don't know if I'm going to actually play it. The only thing I really didn't do was the PocketStation minigame, which I think nets some kind of passive summon. I wonder if that's implemented somehow.

21 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

There's a magic booster in the steam version that gives you 100 of each of the basic early magic

There was also an option to hit F6 to max your gil and any magic you have on hand.

It's easier to just card mod enemies to turn into high level magic at the beginning of the game

Oh, but that's not an "adjustement", it's a built-in cheat, he should've used the right words.

Talking about trophies/achievements, there's also another one for killing thousands of enemies or am i wrong?

• Like 1

Just now, Lance_87 said:

Oh, but that's not an "adjustement", it's a built-in cheat, he should've used the right words.

Talking about trophies/achievements, there's also another one for killing thousands of enemies or am i wrong?

and 10000

Here's the full steam list, in case they copy it to ps4

https://www.exophase.com/game/final-fantasy-viii-steam/achievements/

14 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

Why'd the trailer cut the blood from Squall and Seifer fighting?

Don't know if I'm going to actually play it. The only thing I really didn't do was the PocketStation minigame, which I think nets some kind of passive summon. I wonder if that's implemented somehow.

It is if they copy the steam achievement list, the chocobo world. You have to level boko to 100

23 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

You may think of it as a cheat. Personally I wouldn't (well the gil part I would, but not the spells). So I used the right word.

1 hour ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I'm gonna say this will be an ultra rare platinum due to the fact it won't have cheats, only reason so many people platinumed VII & IX is because of them. It'll be great to see those who actually like the game and those who thought it would be another easy FF platinum. xD

Is it confirmed it won't have cheats? Because that would be great. At least I hope trophies are disabled if they're included.

20 minutes ago, DocJackson- said:

Is it confirmed it won't have cheats? Because that would be great. At least I hope trophies are disabled if they're included.

The reason why VII & IX has cheats is because it was a port from the mobile version, you can't get VIII on phones and it's also a remaster so it has a very high chance it won't. Which is great! ^_^

• Like 1