E3 2019: Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Trailer

18 minutes ago, silentbob987 said:

I'm ok with some of the cheats like 3x speed but I really hope they don't put God mode in. The game can be broken easily with card mod ability so it's not necessary.

So true! I practically one-shotted every enemy in disc 1 because I had a ton of Tornadoes and Thundergas. I'm hoping for no God mode as well.

Doesn’t look much of a remaster, more like a port, but I don’t care, some love for one of the best FF games (and maybe JRPGs in general) out there is definitely appreciated! Can’t wait! <3

Now FFVI please. Or am I being too greedy?

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Doesn’t look much of a remaster, more like a port, but I don’t care, some love for one of the best FF games (and maybe JRPGs in general) out there is definitely appreciated! Can’t wait! <3

1 finger on the monkey's paw curls as Square gives you the version of FF6 that's on steam right now

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

I'd love to see remakes of FFVI and FFIV. If forced to pick, those two would be my favorites in the series.

• Like 1

FF8 is my favorite Final Fantasy and one of my favorite games of all time. I've been so sad when they jumped from 7 to 9 and it looked like they skipped 8 completely.

I'm just so happy to see this game with enhanced character models <3 That just made my day.

• Like 2

Final Fantasy VIII was a tricky one for me. I was too young when I played it. I enjoyed the story but never quite got the hang of the gameplay and progression mechanics. I tried to play it like Final Fantasy VII and it resulted exactly as you'd probably think it would.

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

hqdefault.jpg

:P

So happy this one is finally coming. I played it and 7 to death as a kid.

Yup. Had to use an Xploder to just get myself max stats so I could see the ending. Pity I still didn't understand the leveling thing so because Squall was Lv 100 so was Ultimecia! ?

Very glad it's coming, and now that I'm older and wiser I can do it legit

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, silentbob987 said:

I'm ok with some of the cheats like 3x speed but I really hope they don't put God mode in. The game can be broken easily with card mod ability so it's not necessary.

Yeah same here. I liked the x4 speed mode they added to Final Fantasy XII, made the longer fights (Yiazmat, for example) less tedious, but was happy that they didn't include god mode. Would be great to have something similar for this remaster. 

21 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

If the trophy list is the same as the steam achievements, I doubt it. The "hardest" achievement on there is keeping squall at level 7 the whole game, and that one is easy too

It's been years and years since I played this but how would you keep him at level 7? Isn't he the one character you need to keep in the party most of the time?

2 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

It's been years and years since I played this but how would you keep him at level 7? Isn't he the one character you need to keep in the party most of the time?

You don't win experience by beating bosses, only regular enemies, and you can skip battles. Besides, if Squall is KOed when the battle ends he doesn't get EXP.

Well this is the best news of E3 for me! It was never my favourite FF but it's funny, I just loaded up the game on my PS1 a couple of weeks back as I had an itch to play through it again. 

Think I'll stop and wait for this to release now! 

3 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

You keep him dead for all fights except boss fights

Bosses only give AP and no experience points

Edited by SnowxSakura