Over the Edge - A Thread to Encourage Completion of Games

Over the Edge - The Push to Completion.

Over the years, I have had many attempts at completing my backlog. It is still an ongoing process and I have tried many ways to make it seem fun and not a chore.

Over time though, we get to a point in games where we feel we have done enough or realise that there is a huge grind to get to full completion. They sit on the shelf or in the digital space waiting for us to get back to them but never do. This is where I am inviting people to try and get through the tough challenges, the NG+ playthroughs, the grind and those niggly trophies that just won't pop.

The idea of this thread is to push to finish the games which have been forgotten or have that one long-winded trophy left. Completion is not strictly for the Platinum but doing DLC is at the participants choice. This thread was inspired by Jem's Surpass your Limits and by the Backlog Challenges arranged by @Gretchen27 and @Paleblood.

The criteria I am using for this thread is as follows:

• Above 70% completion of the base game if it has a Platinum.
  • Above 60% completion for a game without a Platinum and no DLC.
  • DLC can be entered but preferably if the game has already been Platinumed or the base game fully completed.

The thread will run until the end of the year and see what happens.

(Addition of games to be added)

• Like 2

Honestly, if you need an encouragement to finish games from someone else...I don't know but maybe just don't finish them?

In any case, good luck with a backlog to anyone who participates! :)

Edited by Sydoki

On 11/06/2019 at 5:35 PM, TheYuriG said:

How will this deal with people aiming for nothing less than 100%ing games?

It doesn't. Maybe more of a personal journey.

On 11/06/2019 at 4:48 PM, Sydoki said:

On 11/06/2019 at 4:48 PM, Sydoki said:

Honestly, if you need an encouragement to finish games from someone else...I don't know but maybe just don't finish them?:)

Is Encouragement the wrong word, would Drive, Impetus, Persuasion or Belief be better choices?

I find it hard to not finish things, even though obstacles get in the way I still would like to try finishing what I can. There may be others who share this sentiment :)

Edited by Psy-Tychist