Why does XBOX have more achievements than PS4 trophies

iLL-Mortick

I just check'd all-time favorite game on PS4 Smite on TrueAchievements to see what extra trophies they had. (I knew they had a few more than PS4 when checking years ago)

When scrolling down, I realize there is no end, just more scrolling. 

So I scroll up to see that there's 211(!!) extra achievements on Smite that is not on PS4.

Context given; questions inc

Why?

And how to get the process of getting them implemented started?

Will give free cookies to anyone who contributes to getting more trophies on Smite PS4.

Regards,

A Smitefanboy Trophy Hunter that desperatley needs a reason to play Smite again. 

/NoTrophiesNoPlay

Edited by Mortick
Typo, Title was misleading
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

That is the suggestion that quantity is better than quality.

Your whole thread is just clickbait.  Your leave your title deliberately ambiguous to attract people thinking this is an entierly different conversation, and a deliberate attempt at a controversial one at that.

This should not be here.

Just trying to figure out why Xbox has all these extra achievements and not PS4, and how/what to do to get them implemented in PS4?

If someone clicks just to argue, they've lost in life already.

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

It isn't about the argument.  It is about your title being deliberately misleading...

Also, why is this in "off topic" and not https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/4232-smite/

You do not get to pick a fight, and then claim the person who stands on the other side "lost in life already".  You are just being a troll...

I can change the title to something more suitable if you have any suggestions?

Didn't know where to put it, so I assumed Off Topic was a safe bet.

On the other side? 

I'm asking legitimately questions, not starting a console war. 

So, if someone goes into this thread and replying only by looking at topic name, they have lost because i'm not here to win or lose. Only find answers lol, but nice try saying i'm a troll.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mortick said:

I can change the title to something more suitable if you have any suggestions?

Didn't know where to put it, so I assumed Off Topic was a safe bet.

On the other side? 

I'm asking legitimately questions, not starting a console war. 

So, if someone goes into this thread and replying only by looking at topic name, they have lost because i'm not here to win or lose. Only find answers lol, but nice try saying i'm a troll.

Just take a step back and think about this for a second.  You post a thread on a predominately Playstation forum, in a non game specific room, with a title simply saying "Why is XBOX better".  You are being a troll.  Now you may be entirely innocent in this matter and it is all a missunderstanding, but your actions speak louder than your intentions.  You did not think this through very well if you are going to claim innocence.  As to not knowing where to put it. Hmm, I have a question about SMITE, maybe I should put it in the SMITE room.  That would make the most sense, no?

But if you want to talk on topic, you also ask a very biased question to begin with.  Why is more better?  I think that is a faulty assumption to begin with.  

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 3

Just now, Sir_Bee said:

Just take a step back and think about this for a second.  You post a thread on a predominately Playstation forum, in a non game specific room, with a title simply saying "Why is XBOX better".  You are being a troll.  Now you may be entirely innocent in this matter and it is all a missunderstanding, but your actions speak louder than your intentions.  You did not think this through very well if you are going to claim innocence ...

Just to be clear, I don't play any Microsoft consoles whatsoever.

Only Sony consoles.

Again, trying simply to find answers that I don't have.

And again, please suggest a better title.

4 minutes ago, Mortick said:

Just to be clear, I don't play any Microsoft consoles whatsoever.

Only Sony consoles.

Again, trying simply to find answers that I don't have.

And again, please suggest a better title.

I did, but you might have missed it because I was at work and editing posts as thoughts came to me.  This was my suggestion "Why does XBOX have more achievements than PS4 trophies" (I made a typo in the title, and then copied it without reading it.  It should say "than" not "that".  Sorry, my bad)

I am just saying that this whole thread could have used a little more thought put into it before posting.  Not suggesting that you can't ask the questions you want to ask.

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I did, but you might have missed it because I was at work and editing posts as thoughts came to me.  This was my suggestion "Why does XBOX have more achievements that PS4 trophies"

I am just saying that this whole thread could have used a little more thought put into it before posting.  Not suggesting that you can't ask the questions you want to ask.

Sorry, did not see those edits!

Fixed title.

I thought of Smite, but it also is related to Xbox - again, thought OT was a safe bet, if mistaken I'm sorry for that.

Just now, Mortick said:

Sorry, did not see those edits!

Fixed title.

I thought of Smite, but it also is related to Xbox - again, thought OT was a safe bet, if mistaken I'm sorry for that.

I typed out the title wrong both times lol, if you care about grammar it should say "than" not "that".

No need to apologize, I am sure it can be moved by a mod if need be.  I came on a bit strong because I assumed you were being deliberate, and that is my bad.  Should have given you the benefit of doubt first.

As for being on topic, I don't play the game so I am not really an expert on the matter, but on the surface I don't actually think more trophies would make the experience any better.  From my own personal experience, I actually don't like games that keep releasing DLC and more trophies.  I like sticking to just the initial list with the platinum being the end of it.

• Like 1

And to answer you on topic;

A trophy hunter hunts trophies, the more trophies the merrier for the hunter that seeks trophies, I assume.

And for me, if you read the OP you'd see that Smite is the best game experience I've had on PS4, and since i'm a trophy hunter I feel it's a waste of time to play a game you can't get any more trophies on, therefore seeing 211 extra more achievements on Xbox, makes me want them on PS4, so I have a reason to play the best game I've played on PS4 again.

Just now, BlazikieronUS said:

You didn't even mention Smite in the title, instead it's just a question which basically anyone would take as you saying Xbox is better than PlayStation.

That's like saying all you need is to read the headlines in the news to be well-informed of the situation. 

More trophies are not better than less trophies. Xbox probably should have a ton of those 0G worthless seasonal achievements like Overwatch has. Can't honestly look it up to confirm.

Saying more equals better is basically saying that we should have the PC level of Payday 2 Crimewave achievements over the PS4 level of trophies we have. Only tryhards want that. Every other person only wants trophies that will reflect their experience within the game and that will not overdue its welcome. The prestige 25 trophy already overdues its welcome by a large margin.

4 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

More trophies are not better than less trophies. Xbox probably should have a ton of those 0G worthless seasonal achievements like Overwatch has. Can't honestly look it up to confirm.

Saying more equals better is basically saying that we should have the PC level of Payday 2 Crimewave achievements over the PS4 level of trophies we have. Only tryhards want that. Every other person only wants trophies that will reflect their experience within the game and that will not overdue its welcome. The prestige 25 trophy already overdues its welcome by a large margin.

I'm not getting the references, sorry.

I basically, in short; want more trophies on a game I love. (That actually exists, but on a platform i'm not using)

Edited by Mortick

6 minutes ago, Mortick said:

I'm not getting the references, sorry.

I basically, in short; want more trophies on a game I love.

Playstation 4: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3620-payday-2-crimewave-edition

PC version: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/PAYDAY2/achievements/ (only over a thousand lol)

You probably want more trophies, but i doubt the majority of the playerbase wants the same. If you need trophies to play more of any game, then you probably don't enjoy that game that much right now. You could always ask the developer team to add more, but honestly, that would probably just piss off a lot of people that don't want them. Should ask yourself if your desire is more important than hundreds of others wanting the opposite.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Playstation 4: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3620-payday-2-crimewave-edition

PC version: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/PAYDAY2/achievements/ (only over a thousand lol)

You probably want more trophies, but i doubt the majority of the playerbase wants the same. If you need trophies to play more of any game, then you probably don't enjoy that game that much right now. You could always ask the developer team to add more, but honestly, that would probably just piss off a lot of people that don't want them. Should ask yourself if your desire is more important than hundreds of others wanting the opposite.

Thanks for the links.

1k trophies would indeed be very much, but if Smite had that amount, I would still enjoy every second of getting them, even if frustrating at times.

I do enjoy the game, but that's not enough reason to make me keep playing it, if there's no trophy in the end of it.

Again, because I would feel like it is time wasted.

I would rather play a shitty, tedious, bugged out game that I can earn trophies on, or mistakenly added on my profile before I came a trophy hunter than I would a game I enjoyed every second of playing without trophies. (AoE II on PC is the exception) 

Maybe sad, but very true.

And, since I've spent countless hours and thousands of money on the game, why would I not want to pursue the possibility of more trophies added in the game? Even if it pisses people off, why would that be of my concern? Would you in my position?

And, i'm sure there's more people that enjoyed Smite as much as I did.

Edited by Mortick

I could be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure Smite hit xbox before PS4, so it could have a lot of achievements that the PS4 one missed in the time it wasn't around. Maybe they thought the list looked daunting for new players or maybe playstation said the list was too giant to add it all like that.

I do see that a lot mostly from PC to console though, you see a lot of the achievements disappear when it comes to console sometimes they move the really hard ones, ones they had issues with stuff people complained about etc.

Edited by cynical_fate

9 minutes ago, cynical_fate said:

I could be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure Smite hit xbox before PS4, so it could have a lot of achievements that the PS4 one missed in the time it wasn't around. Maybe they thought the list looked daunting for new players or maybe playstation said the list was too giant to add it all like that.

I do see that a lot mostly from PC to console though, you see a lot of the achievements disappear when it comes to console sometimes they move the really hard ones, ones they had issues with stuff people complained about etc.

That may be, but I believe trophies were added in the last few years on Xbox, as I checked the same page years ago and I remember there were more, but not a 211(!) difference, but I may be wrong, tried finding out when dlc trophies were released on xbox but came out with nothing.

That really sucks, atleast for me in this case.

Edited by Mortick