Why does XBOX have more achievements than PS4 trophies

iLL-Mortick

33 minutes ago, Mortick said:

And, since I've spent countless hours and thousands of money on the game, why would I not want to pursue the possibility of more trophies added in the game? Even if it pisses people off, why would that be of my concern? Would you in my position?

I have spent over 50h past the plat in Siege and over 400h past the 100% in Destiny 1 and I was okay without trophies. Despite having so many difficult plats, I'm actually in favor of trophies as fun experience rather than difficult challenge. I think games like Spiderman makes more people happier than something like Wolfenstein 2.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mortick said:

That may be, but I believe trophies were added in the last few years on Xbox, as I checked the same page years ago and I remember there were more, but not a 211(!) difference, but I may be wrong, tried finding out when dlc trophies were released on xbox but came out with nothing.

That really sucks, atleast for me in this case.

Yeah unfortunately it does happen when games come late to the party, the Steam version of smite also has 265 achievements

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I'm actually in favor of trophies as fun experience

This is what I mean, it is a fun experience to chase trophies - and for me, that means every trophy I don't already have. 

So if the game has no earnable trophies left, that'd take out most of the fun. 

For me, that is.

3 minutes ago, Mortick said:

So it's Sony's decision and not the devs? 

Case reopened.

No, it is closed because the guys at Sony in Tokyo are the only ones who can answer your question. They developed the system. They decided to copy Microsoft's achievment system. They set the rules. Nobody on PSNP can answer your question because none of us works for Sony's dev department in Toyko. I mean, it's not that hard... -_-

Edited by Angelo Urkel

1 minute ago, Angelo Urkel said:

No, it is closed because the guys at Sony in Tokyo are the only ones who can answer your question. They developed the system. They decided to copy Miscrosoft's achievment system. They set the rules. Nobody on PSNP can answer your question because none of us works for Sony's dev department in Toyko. I mean, it's not that hard... -_-

Yeah, it kinda is that hard.

I'm sure there must be some available knowledge amongst the PSNP community. 

It's doubtfully top secret shit lol? Wetfgtfo

2 minutes ago, Mortick said:

Yeah, it kinda is that hard.

I'm sure there must be some available knowledge amongst the PSNP community. 

It's doubtfully top secret shit lol? Wetfgtfo

Go and ask them yourself: https://support2.asia.playstation.com/app/chat/chat_launch?emcid=info_contact_chat_contactus1

This thread should be closed.

Edited by Angelo Urkel
  • Like 1

It's not the only game like that. Child of Light has more achievements on Xbox than trophies on PS4...which is unfortunate, because it would probably have a platinum if they were all brought over.

But more isn't better. More is just more. They can keep adding more Star Wars movies to the end of time, but it's not necessarily going to make the series any better.

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Nice low key racism there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't realize which language it was before posting it, but knew as much as it was in Asia somewhere. /Fyi

2 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

But more isn't better. More is just more. They can keep adding more Star Wars movies to the end of time, but it's not necessarily going to make the series any better.

Not saying more is always better tho, but for me in this case, the more the merrier.

I agree on more isn't always better.

You didn't look at the list hard enough. The PS4 version has trophies the Xbox One version doesn't, namely God Mastery trophies. The PS4 version requires you to master 70 damn gods, while the Xbox One version, if you had actually looked at the list, requires you to do the little mini-achievements for certain gods (kill X number of enemies with this spell 2 times or something). You can finish those in less than 30 minutes. You can't master a God in 30 minutes, considering the average game takes 15-20 minutes each. So the PS4 version wants you to play 70 gods for a certain amount of time, while the Xbox version just wants you to play a new god for maybe 10 minutes. The PS4 version should take longer. As people said, make another account and do it again, or just do the mini-achievements for each god and earn in-game rewards instead.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

You didn't look at the list hard enough. The PS4 version has trophies the Xbox One version doesn't, namely God Mastery trophies. The PS4 version requires you to master 70 damn gods, while the Xbox One version, if you had actually looked at the list, requires you to do the little mini-achievements for certain gods (kill X number of enemies with this spell 2 times or something). You can finish those in less than 30 minutes. You can't master a God in 30 minutes, considering the average game takes 15-20 minutes each. So the PS4 version wants you to play 70 gods for a certain amount of time, while the Xbox version just wants you to play a new god for maybe 10 minutes. The PS4 version should take longer. As people said, make another account and do it again, or just do the mini-achievements for each god and earn in-game rewards instead.

I can admit I didn't see the Mastery 70 gods was missing, and I certainly didn't look through all the DLC achievements. 

Not sure what any of what you typed has to do with my questions tho?

Obviously you haven't read the whole thing, because making another account is obviously not the same that i'm looking for, nor mini-ingame achievements with no trophies attached. 

There should honestly be a Mastery trophy for every existing and new gods, that would be awesome.

3 hours ago, Mortick said:

Why?

There's a max trophy limit for PlayStation games. Hence why Driveclub Bikes is standalone, while branching off from Driveclub. Iirc it's 125 trophies limit, so if a game wanted to pass that, they'd have to make another game. It's been done only twice afaik. 

• 4 weeks later...

Skipping the part where the OP wanted more trophies for Smite, which is more or less irrelevant because Hi Rez will almost certainly won't provide more and they will totally ignore any requests for that, one thing I agree, Smite is really a very good game. After being disappointed with Paladins, I'm really surprised at the depth and fun of Smite.

But I do play games more for the fun than trophies, so I'll probably keep on playing it after getting the plat.

• 1 year later...
On 6/11/2019 at 3:52 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

There's a max trophy limit for PlayStation games. Hence why Driveclub Bikes is standalone, while branching off from Driveclub. Iirc it's 125 trophies limit, so if a game wanted to pass that, they'd have to make another game. It's been done only twice afaik. 

Are you completely sure about that? Cause Minecraft might have more than 125

20 hours ago, TheLastYonkou said:

Are you completely sure about that? Cause Minecraft might have more than 125

If Minecraft were to get more trophies, it'd be put into a separate trophyset, labeled as 'Additional Trophies', like Hitman 2. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Still interesting that Xbox got an update recently putting the game at 318 achievements, whereas it hasn't gotten one DLC trophyset on PS4. I'm still surprised by the lack of DLC trophies for this game. Reminds me of DCUO still getting DLC achievements on Steam, but not on PS4.

Edited by ArmoredSnowman