e3 2019 reactions

skinner49

I liked Nintendo's the most easily aside from gamefreak saying some Pokemon won't be making it in the game.
Most of the other games shown felt mostly like CGI trailers, would like to see some gameplay for those games before getting too excited on the games since for all I know they could pull a Matterfall, I mean the Materfall game wasn't that bad, but I was expecting a different type of game from that CGI trailer they showed before the game.
And got release dates for Daemon X Machina, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3 still coming out this year and Fire Emblem.
Also Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 and Spyro coming to Switch as well and No More Heroes III and Astral Chain.
quite a few games anyway.
Although Animal Crossing not sure if I care about crafting.

Very mehhh e3. Cyberpunk won e3 without a doubt shame there was no new gameplay. Square enix was pretty good too. Nintendo i dont care much for. Ubisoft was ok. Ea had star wars and nothing else. Bethesda was terrible. Microsoft dont care. Sony not being there killed the hype for me. Devolver is amazing tho

It was underwhelming but that's what I expected given how we're near the end of this console generation. There was still some exciting stuff, though, mostly at Square's conference. A new Tales game, Trials of Mana, FFVIII Remastered, Ghostwire Tokyo. The gameplay for FFVII Remake and DOOM Eternal looked pretty rad too. A new Vita game coming to the west in 2019! :awesome: I'm probably forgetting some stuff.

Honestly though, some of my favourite E3 moments this year weren't even game related. I mean we got a Japanese Goddess at Bethesda's conference and the goodest of boys at Ubisoft's (literally the only good thing about that conference). :awesome:

rdv81iq.jpg

wIfE5JU.jpg

<3 <3 <3

• Like 2

I didnt payed attention to this E3 edition! I think now the developers are searching for more oportunities to make money from a lot of crap! I wait for the final releases because i start to get sick of promises! I dont want to be bad because my work as a gamer is to pay the work of the beautyfull minds of the people that are working when their CEO-s are making marketing to the E3 and others.. But in the end this is 2019... hard working people are stays in the shadows ...

I have a bad feeling times when I was super duped for E3 are slowly coming to an end. Every year it's getting worse and worse. Very little gameplay, it's mostly trailers now. Almost no reveals, too many mobile games, too much subscription-based services announcements. 

Overall, meh for me. 

Interested in Cyberpunk but this really didn't change anything for me. Nothing else really added itself to my radar (maybe Trials of Mana but no real surge yet).  Lots of other (insert title here)(insert number or subtitle there) that hold little interest.

Long term anticipation is currently reserved for Ghost of Tsushima and ES6. Others may join the pile but likely well after release and price drops.

I normally don't watch E3. It's just an expensive "lie about your upcoming lineup" show, like many tech conferences.

Watch Dogs 3 though. When I first heard about controlling NPCs, I was like: No....no....nooooooo! Then I saw that old lady kicking ass and I was like: I'm okay with this ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 11:35 PM, rolltideroll157 said:

The worst e3 of all time without a doubt. There were only a very few good looking new games announced and I believe all but one of those only showed a cgi trailer with no gameplay or release date. I had high hopes for the Xbox, Ubisoft and square Enix conferences but all disappointed especially square enix since I was literally only interested in the avengers and the new outriders game everything else was garbage ass Japanese bullshit. I’m sure it’s probably that most of the good stuff that’s in development is for next gen and will be announced next year but still I honestly can’t believe how god awful this e3 was.

What are you talking about? E3 was great this year. Nintendo won E3 (imo) with the Dragon Quest hero and Banjo-Kazooie for Smash Bros Ultimate, Super Mario Maker 2 Luigi's Mansion 3, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and the Breath of the Wild sequel. Square-Enix also did good by revealing Final Fantasy 7 Remake, FF8 remastered, Collection of Mana for Switch, and more I am unaware. Bamco also teased Tales of Arise. But still, not sure you are so against Japanese culture since they made games that are better or equal to western games.

39 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

What are you talking about? E3 was great this year. Nintendo won E3 (imo) with the Dragon Quest hero and Banjo-Kazooie for Smash Bros Ultimate, Super Mario Maker 2 Luigi's Mansion 3, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and the Breath of the Wild sequel. Square-Enix also did good by revealing Final Fantasy 7 Remake, FF8 remastered, Collection of Mana for Switch, and more I am unaware. Bamco also teased Tales of Arise. But still, not sure you are so against Japanese culture since they made games that are better or equal to western games.

You are obviously trying to start an argument by quoting an almost month old post. I don’t hate Japanese culture but I absolutely do hate Jrpgs and any of that weird ass anime shit as does the mass majority of people in the west with Final Fantasy being the lone exception that is popular here too. I don’t care if you like them or not I’m not going to sit here and give you every detail on why I think they are shit and yes this e3 sucked you are one of the very few people that enjoyed it.

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You are obviously trying to start an argument by quoting an almost month old post. I don’t hate Japanese culture but I absolutely do hate Jrpgs and any of that weird ass anime shit as does the mass majority of people in the west with Final Fantasy being the lone exception that is popular here too. I don’t care if you like them or not I’m not going to sit here and give you every detail on why I think they are shit and yes this e3 sucked you are one of the very few people that enjoyed it.

Wasn't trying to start an argument. I was just saying that E3 was great this year. Plus, you never watched anime or games made by Japan, do you? You are hating anime for no reason without even watching it.

Edit: Also, you are clearly wrong on the mass majority of people hating JRPGs and anime stuff. Dragon Quest series is super popular in the west. Plus, there's Pokemon, and more. So you're clearly wrong about a mass majority of people hating JRPGs and stuff. They loved JRPGs and anime in the west. But different people like different things, so whatever, man. It's just your opinion.

Edited by MMX20
fixing some words

48 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Wasn't trying to start an argument. I was just saying that E3 was great this year. Plus, you never watched anime or games made by Japan, do you? You are hating anime for no reason without even watching it.

Edit: Also, you are clearly wrong on the mass majority of people hating JRPGs and anime stuff. Dragon Quest series is super popular in the west. Plus, there's Pokemon, and more. So you're clearly wrong about a mass majority of people hating JRPGs and stuff. They loved JRPGs and anime in the west.

Im definitely not hating anime for no reason I have countless reasons as to why i don’t like that weird ass shit and I’m  definitely not wrong about jrpgs and anime not being liked by the masses And i consider Pokemon more western style than Japanese. Also sorry to disappoint you but in no way am I wrong in saying that the masses over here do not like or care about jrpgs or anime. I’m not saying there aren’t millions  of people that do like them but once again they are just a small fraction of the masses. For example i love sports games and I would be in The minority on this site in saying that but if we go by everyone that plays games I would be in the majority if you look at sales numbers. 

Edit: and whatever the hell dragon quest is can’t be that popular since I have never played it or even heard of it. Hell I don’t know anyone that has played it. Super popular is stuff like game of thrones, fortnite, the avengers stuff that even if you haven’t watched or played you still have heard of it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Im definitely not hating anime for no reason I have countless reasons as to why i don’t like that weird ass shit and I’m  definitely not wrong about jrpgs and anime not being liked by the masses And i consider Pokemon more western style than Japanese. Also sorry to disappoint you but in no way am I wrong in saying that the masses over here do not like or care about jrpgs or anime. I’m not saying there aren’t millions  of people that do like them but once again they are just a small fraction of the masses. For example i love sports games and I would be in The minority on this site in saying that but if we go by everyone that plays games I would be in the majority if you look at sales numbers. 

Edit: and whatever the hell dragon quest is can’t be that popular since I have never played it or even heard of it. Hell I don’t know anyone that has played it. Super popular is stuff like game of thrones, fortnite, the avengers stuff that even if you haven’t watched or played you still have heard of it.

All I have to say is pot calling the kettle black. You are wrong. Plus, Pokemon isn't western, it's made by a Japanese game company. Then again, you like a bad game company like EA and bad games, so sorry to say this, but your opinion is very bad and wrong in so many ways.

Edit: Another thing, Dragon Quest is a popular JRPG series made by Square-Enix and the Dragon Quest series have character and monster art designs by acclaimed Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama.

Edited by MMX20
Adding more stufff

12 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

All I have to say is pot calling the kettle black. You are wrong. Plus, Pokemon isn't western, it's made by a Japanese game company. Then again, you like a bad game company like EA and bad games, so sorry to say this, but your opinion is very bad and wrong in so many ways.

Edit: Another thing, Dragon Quest is a popular JRPG series made by Square-Enix and the Dragon Quest series have character and monster art designs by acclaimed Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama.

See you’re letting the fact that I hate Japanese games and anime blind you because I’m only speaking facts. I don’t give a shit if you don’t like western games honestly but just because you like jrpgs doesn’t mean the majority do believe me. For instance ign just did a poll asking people to vote on their most anticipated game out of: death stranding, ghost of tshuima, final Fantasy 7 and the last of us part 2. The last of us part 2 destroyed them all with 43% of the votes with final Fantasy coming in second with between 23-28%. Now final Fantasy 7 is apparently the most popular jrpg of all time and it got destroyed in votes by a western game you say sucks so honestly what would a vote look like up against games like dragon quest? And I don’t know who akira toriyama is so don’t know why you said it like it was suppose to change my mind lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

See you’re letting the fact that I hate Japanese games and anime blind you because I’m only speaking facts. I don’t give a shit if you don’t like western games honestly but just because you like jrpgs doesn’t mean the majority do believe me. For instance ign just did a poll asking people to vote on their most anticipated game out of: death stranding, ghost of tshuima, final Fantasy 7 and the last of us part 2. The last of us part 2 destroyed them all with 43% of the votes with final Fantasy coming in second with between 23-28%. Now final Fantasy 7 is apparently the most popular jrpg of all time and it got destroyed in votes by a western game you say sucks so honestly what would a vote look like up against games like dragon quest? And I don’t know who akira toriyama is so don’t know why you said it like it was suppose to change my mind lol

Lol at using IGN as a source. And again, it's not facts, just your opinion. And sounds like you never watched Dragon Ball since you hate anime and JRPGs. Again, you're not speaking facts, you're just speaking opinions, but whatever man. Keep being in your fantasy world.

2 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Lol at using IGN as a source. And again, it's not facts, just your opinion. And sounds like you never watched Dragon Ball since you hate anime and JRPGs. Again, you're not speaking facts, you're just speaking opinions, but whatever man. Keep being in your fantasy world.

Uhm ign is garbage but the polls on Twitter are accurate and that is what they used. How am I speaking opinions? I have givin you nothing but facts the only opinion here is that I think anime and jrpgs are trash everything else is facts. Just because it makes you butthurt doesn’t make it false lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Uhm ign is garbage but the polls on Twitter are accurate and that is what they used. How am I speaking opinions? I have givin you nothing but facts the only opinion here is that I think anime and jrpgs are trash everything else is facts. Just because it makes you butthurt doesn’t make it false lol

Who said I'm butt hurt? Again, you're only saying opinions, not facts. But I'm gonna not respond to you anymore because all you do is sling insults and tried to turn your opinions into facts and being deluded.

12 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Who said I'm butt hurt? Again, you're only saying opinions, not facts. But I'm gonna not respond to you anymore because all you do is sling insults and tried to turn your opinions into facts and being deluded.

Haven’t slung an insult towards you once and please show me where I am trying to turn my opinions into facts? Like how do you not understand that jrpgs and anime are no where near as popular as western games over here as they are in japan? I know they are extremely popular over there obviously but you are delusional if you think they are here. Look at games like gravity rush which are anime they sold like shit over here in the west to the point where they quit shipping hard copies. Even people that loves anime like you understands that the majority over here doesn’t like it. It’s not rocket science lmao

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Haven’t slung an insult towards you once and please show me where I am trying to turn my opinions into facts? Like how do you not understand that jrpgs and anime are no where near as popular as western games over here as they are in japan? I know they are extremely popular over there obviously but you are delusional if you think they are here. Look at games like gravity rush which are anime they sold like shit over here in the west to the point where they quit shipping hard copies. Even people that loves anime like you understands that the majority over here doesn’t like it. It’s not rocket science lmao

Wow, you're even more deluded than I thought. 

https://the-artifice.com/western-culture-embrace-anime/

https://kotaku.com/proof-that-american-gamers-really-do-want-japanese-rpgs-5989507

Take a look at this. I'm done talking to you after this, but these articles I posted will prove you wrong (Which I doubt).

7 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Wow, you're even more deluded than I thought. 

https://the-artifice.com/western-culture-embrace-anime/

https://kotaku.com/proof-that-american-gamers-really-do-want-japanese-rpgs-5989507

Take a look at this. I'm done talking to you after this, but these articles I posted will prove you wrong (Which I doubt).

Literally neither one of those prove me wrong. Honestly how old are you? Are you not reading what I’m saying? I’m not claiming people in the west don’t like this stuff just that they are still a very small minority compared to western style games like I don’t understand how this is so hard for you to understand. You are so delusional that you actually think this stuff is just as popular don’t you? Literally the only things jrpg or anime that you can even say are pretty popular here is final fantasy, Pokémon and dragon ball z. Every other jrpg and anime is only known by hardcore Animeand jrpg lovers. They aren’t popular with the majority of gamers or Americans. 

• Like 1

Really, a twitter poll? What even is the average age, have they even played FF7? 

Japanese games have their problems, with some  having very lazy efforts, especially on licensed games  and specific panderings,   just like  some western games are glorified movies with specific panderings, for example the gruff old guy  that babysits someone, pref. a kid in order to kick in that paternal instinct on your average consumer.

Let's have a look at the facts shall we? Ff7 sold 10 mil. while TLOU 7on the ps3,  in an age where  there were MANY  more customers to incite than the ps1 days(especially at the start with FF7). Ff7 only lost to Gran Turismo, taking the seat of the second best selling ps1 game,  and not by a long shot mind you, unlike GTA 4 and 5 who dwarf TLOU, it was the game that started the schism between Sony and Nintendo, with FF being a Nintendo's franchise at the time, FF7 brought attention to this new console and helped it greatly in expanding, which is no mere feat, as Nintendo's stranglehold on the japanese gov. is well known, you wouldn't even have The Last of Us, without the huge success of Final Fantasy 7 that helped the Playstation stay afloa. It revitalized a genre in the west, bringing confidence  in Japan about porting  other games here too, culminating today with jrpgs like Monster Hunter World (and don't tell me it's unknown, it outsold  TLOU even though it's hard to PR japanese games in the West), the Soulsborne series the other Final Fantasies, Persona  and so on.

Dragon Quest is a famous turn based rpg made by the creator of Dragon Ball, it suffers from extreme lack of good pr in the west,  but in Japan it has GTA like success, to put it into perspective,  DQ11 sold like 13 more times than The Last of Us, whether that makes DQ look good, or TLOU trash is up to you, regardless it's a case of value dissonance. What did The Last of Us brought to the table? Because all I remember are Neil quotes about it.

Ah, and what exactly is wrong with turn based systems? Maybe Bioware could take a hint, and change their atrocious battle system, so people would remember Dragon Age or Mass Effect for more than romance simulators and the dialogue wheel.

• Like 1