Whats Your Average Game Completion?

dsluckay

I am currently at 84.08%, which is up nearly ten percent from my initial post here two months ago.

Only because I've wondered this myself, I am sure the question has been asked before, but I've never seen it asked.

Anyway, I am almost certain the percentage is based on the points and not simply the total trophies because if it were based on amount earned your percentage would be calculated by your current earned trophy count being divided by your possible total (current earned plus unearned). And, by that equation, my percentage should be lower than it is, which makes me believe it is based on the points of each trophy.

(Each game's points are not displayed on the main profile page like YGC, so I haven't bothered to confirm my theory by going to each individual game to get my possible total points)

So, going back to earn more trophies to earn as many as you can will definitely raise your percentage, but earning gold and silver trophies will help more over bronze. Every point helps, though, right?

Ahh yeah that makes sense. Because I guess, in theory, the gold trophies are a little more difficult to earn so therefore you have completed a bigger % of a game if you obtain those (and there aren't as many as opposed to bronze). At least that's how I can summarize it.

• 9 months later...

Mine's down to 57.10% after buying both NBA 2k14 and Don Bradman Cricket within the past 2 months and not gotten a high percentage of trophies, which has made my average % worse, also downloading the Playstation Home update and not really going on it also hasn't helped. But hopefully I can get it back up to around 60% in the next few months as I don't intend in getting any new games.

Edited by chrisjohnson93

Mine is at 80.03%. I would like it to be at 100%, but it is difficult when servers keep going down and when there are ridiculous DLC trophies  :shakefist: I have gotten kind of lazy with plating games recently. If I do not like the game, I cannot force myself to plat it. I guess that is why my completion keeps going down  :giggle:

92,57% average completion (91,12% trophy completion - 2187/2400 trophies).

Current maximum is only 95,69% average completion (93,38% trophy completion - 2241/2400 trophies)

the rest is DLC that I don't think is good enough or too expensive for what it is.

Edited by Ric_373

You kids and your high average completion rates. Mine is 43.93% right now. I'm working on getting it up, but I've got 5 years of not trophy hunting to make up for. So it's taking a while. Really though, I'll be happy once it's above 60%.

Completion of what? The actual game or it's trophy list? A game is "completed" when I've played it from beginning to end and see the credits roll. Trophies have nothing to do with.

Games: Since I can count on my fingers the amount of PS3/Vita game's I've started but yet to finish...98%

Of my trophy list: 55.4%

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

Completion of what? The actual game or it's trophy list? A game is "completed" when I've played it from beginning to end and see the credits roll. Trophies have nothing to do with.

Games: Since I can count on my fingers the amount of PS3/Vita game's I've started but yet to finish...98%

Of my trophy list: 55.4%

I have a similar mindset. Although for me to feel like I'm done I have to finish it on the hardest difficulty, collect everything and upgrade anything there is to upgrade. Trophies are just a nice bonus.

I have a similar mindset. Although for me to feel like I'm done I have to finish it on the hardest difficulty, collect everything and upgrade anything there is to upgrade. Trophies are just a nice bonus.

^ Same when it comes to collectables. I don't know what it is but I just HAVE to get them all on one playthrough.

59.90% Completion

Considering I started the year under 50% I'm feeling pretty good about this.  I almost never buy DLC and have several games I have absolutely no interest in playing so I think if I can get to 70-75% I'll be very happy.