blueice48

Split-screen

25 posts in this topic

Can any of the trophies for UC2 and UC3 be earned locally via split-screen?

Posted (edited)

I know that you wrote :"locally", so my answer shall be "no", but in U3 you can get a few trophies related to medals (except those from "Team Objective") in split-screen custom game, BUT while playing it online.

I will add some of them later on.

Edit:

Tested: in splitscreen while being online you can have at least medals like: gunslinger, soft spot, long gun lover, all 3 trophies related to shades, head cracker, mad bomber and they all count to the related trophies.

Same for Air Mail, Key Master, Pop Top, Detonator, Boom Headshot! (in coop adventure mode).

Not tested medals related to killing MP players.

Edited by Smashero

Posted (edited)

I did a few in splitscreen. The shade survivalist medal and head cracker. 

Pick Shade survival. The London streets map. Here you are close to the Hammer and the MAG weapons. You can get about 2 medals for both each round. Just make sure you get survival first round and die instead of completing it. 

Also i did Air mail medal. 

Pick co-op arena. Hard mode and the desert map. Just hide behind cover and wait for them to throw grenades.

Boring, yes but it works. 

Hope it help:) 

Edited by Vergil

47 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Also i did Air mail medal. 

Pick co-op arena. Hard mode and the desert map. Just hide behind cover and wait for them to throw grenades.

I would suggest fort, coop adventure, even on easy - works like a charm.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Smashero said:

I would suggest fort, coop adventure, even on easy - works like a charm.

I will try that, thx :)

@Smashero

It does work like a charm! I got 8 medals in 1 run. 

Edited by Vergil

Posted (edited)

(UC3)

I did “in the soft spot” medals on Adventure- Monastery (Crushing) as loads of armoured guys come after you one by one. After getting rid of the initial group after breaking out of the bonds I’d put the second player to the right side of the small area as I was also boosting Return to Sender medals that way and that spot seemed good for aiming at enemies to the left, right and straight ahead (Smashero’s method sounds easier, but you’d have to be throwing a lot of grenades anyway). Then I’d run out to trigger the next wave and just stick with the other player until we lost all lives.

I found that the second player would often get ignored, I guess maybe because they were standing still (?) so even on crushing it wasn’t too overwhelming. I just made sure to stand near them so I could easily revive myself. 

You might get in the soft spot naturally by playing co op with others but I often found people would wait for me to take the helmet off and get the kill for themselves so I didn’t have that many medals before doing it solo.

Edited by Charizarzar

So what is the complete list of every mp trophy I can get in splitscreen?

I don't plain on going after the 100% but if I can get some trophies along the way it would be good

Posted (edited)

Probably that's the complete list - all comments warmly welcome:

Long Gun Lover - Get 50 "Commando" Medals - 1 medal for 5 kills with long guns
Air Mail - Get 25 "Return To Sender" Medals - 1 medal for 3 kills with thrown back grenade - AI ENEMIES ONLY!
Key Master - Get 100 "Gate Keeper" Medals - Kill 100 x boss - (Tip: Easy-Fort, after 15-20 kills boss will appear)
Detonator - Get 10 "Mad Bomber" Medals - 1 medal for 10 enemies kills with grenades - AI ENEMIES + killing Player controlled Villians as Heroes in COOP HA.
Boom, Headshot! - Get 50 "Head Cracker" Medals - 1 medal for 5 headshot kills - AI ENEMIES + killing Player controlled Villians as Heroes in COOP HA.
Not Afraid of the Dark - Get 50 "Lights Out" Medals -  1 medal for each MARKED SHADE killed
Spartan - Get 150 "In The Shade" Medals - 1 medal for 3 SHADE kills while in SIEGE - TEAM COUNTS
Firefighter - Get 150 "Shade Survivalist" Medals - 1 medal for 4 SHADE kills - TEAM COUNTS
Pop Top - Get 100 "In The Soft Spot" Medals - 1 medal for 3x removing the helmet from heavy guy and killing with fist - Arena/ADV on Easy

Reminder: splitscreen, but while in "Play Online" mode!

Edited by Smashero

5 hours ago, Vergil said:

I will try that, thx :)

@Smashero

It does work like a charm! I got 8 medals in 1 run. 

Happy to hear that :D.

9 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Happy to hear that :D.

Can confirm it too 🤗

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Can confirm it too 1f917.png

So I am even more happy now!

;) 

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Probably that's the complete list - all comments warmly welcome:

Pop Top - Get 100 "In The Soft Spot" Medals - 1 medal for 3x removing the helmet from heavy guy and killing with fist - Arena/ADV on Easy

Reminder: splitscreen, but while in "Play Online" mode!

How's this one? Could take lots of time since its 100!

7 minutes ago, Vergil said:

How's this one? Could take lots of time since its 100!

Esh... I was doing it in a really boring way...

Coop adv - Airport. Right at the beginning you kill ~4 guys and there is one heavy guy: shot, hit (1). Climb up the container run to next one, climb up 2 times - another heavy on top (shot, hit) so you have two. And now... Kill yourself and restart :P.

Earlier @Charizarzarmentioned Monastery level - maybe also worth to try?

On 21/06/2019 at 11:17 PM, Smashero said:

Boom, Headshot! - Get 50 "Head Cracker" Medals - 1 medal for 5 headshot kills - AI ENEMIES ONLY!

Are you sure? You can get this in Hunter Arena by getting 1 headshot in Hunter Arena on players

On 26.06.2019 at 5:12 PM, Nitro said:

Are you sure? You can get this in Hunter Arena by getting 1 headshot in Hunter Arena on players

Yes! You are right! Just tested: killing Player controlled Villians as Heroes with headshots also gives you "Head Cracker" medal.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:17 AM, Smashero said:

So I have been using the checklist you have wrote up and nearly done all of those medal trophies solo in ss, but I did want to ask/confirm what modes in ss did you test out Long Gun Lover, & Wild Wild West? I've tried nearly every mode in ss and the medals required for those two trophies do not count at all. 

On 7/4/2019 at 3:37 AM, SonicChaos74 said:

:D

For sure you can get them in Coop Hunter Arena while playing as Heroes.

17 hours ago, Smashero said:

For sure you can get them in Coop Hunter Arena while playing as Heroes.

Wild Wild West doesn't work in this mode. The only medal you can earn in co-op for pistol kills is Wild West, but you need Gunslinger for it to count towards the trophy. That medal is only obtainable in public deathmatches.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, AstroFlibble said:

Wild Wild West doesn't work in this mode. The only medal you can earn in co-op for pistol kills is Wild West, but you need Gunslinger for it to count towards the trophy. That medal is only obtainable in public deathmatches.

YES! You are right! It is not appearing! Only "Long Gun Lover"! Thanks! Updated!

Edited by Smashero

31 minutes ago, MisterMystro said:

Could you split-screen working on treasures?

Nope you need another player 

45 minutes ago, MisterMystro said:

Could you split-screen working on treasures?

Only the co-op treasures, they will drop in custom games as well.

I just finished a game of Co-Op Hunter Arena working towards the ‘Head Cracker’ trophy by head shooting SS and the AI, and after match nothing had counted.  I got roughly 10-15 in match, but when I backed out my ‘Head Cracker’ was still set a 0 earned.

Posted (edited)

Just tried again, and I’m having the same issue I did a few days again.  Any reasons Cracker isn’t working?  Does it have to be exclusively AI and not SS?

Edit: I’m working on it in Adventure more against AI and and getting medals that way.  So disregard this comment.

Edited by MisterMystro