Set the Scale! RuneEyeDragon's Pendulum Games!!

RuneEyesDragon

(In hindsight, I should have titled it Pendulum Trophies and "Past and Future" is really ironic. The first part is Yuya Sakaki's cry when he does a Pendulum summon during a duel. ?) Fixed the title! :D

I know that I have made a lot of accounts over the past, but recently my old PS4 and the account it was under, SuperSmash5U, died due to a freak power surge (that surprised only fried my PS4 and TV, nothing else in the power strip). I was lucky to replace my PS4 and I used a streaming TV to get the monitor I needed, but I lost all of my old account's save files and I felt like it was time for a change.

A word of note before you lay into my flesh with flaming scourges: You will find that many of the games that were on my old account are either non-existent are dropped much later in the list as it grows. This is because I am laying down firm ground rules to ensure that this will be the account I stick with for many many years to come:

1. I am going to start by earning platinums in games for an "A to Z" list based on the Alphabet Club thread in the Community Forum. I won't play any games starting with a letter if I have made a goal of getting the platinum for another game with that first letter in the title. For example, until I platinumed Spyro the Dragon, Secret of Mana and other games starting with "S" were off limits. This way I can regulate the games I play and not just hop from game to game like a rabid bunny.
  2. No games other than PS4 games - my PS Vita is busted and won't charge its battery anymore so I'll probably throw it away and now that Ni no Kuni is coming out for PS4 as a remastered version this September, the only game I wasted my money on a PS3 for is pretty much a moot point and I will probably seal up my PS3 and donate it to charity for kids who can't play PS4 games. If the situation changes on these two platforms, I will eat my humble pie, but as of now, no Vita or PS3 games(except maybe Ni no Kuni because I can't wait for the PS4 remaster and it might have the same trophy list). EDIT: This rule was redacted as I discovered how to charge my Vita so now I can platinum Vita games again. I forgot to strike this rule as soon as I redacted it. Oops. Sorry!
  3. No trophy whorecash games. In other words, I will try my hardest never to buy My Name Is Mayo or Little Adventure on the Prairie, even if they don't need to be bought anymore and are free! The games have to have some merit. Which means, since I hate the Terminator series(I saw the first movie as I had no choice because it was the only thing to do in summer camp), I am never touching Terminator Salvation.
  4. To save money on games I will only one-and-done, I will re-subscribe to GameFly and have my games rented. They have no late policy so I can keep the games as long as I want but I won't hold them forever, I'll send them back once I get the platinum for them. I want to save some of my money for upcoming Nintendo Switch games. (Sort of redacted: I did buy a few Vita LEGO games. I haven't struck it fully yet but will edit this rule in the future in a later post.)
  5. I have a list of games I want to definitely platinum. I have a huge backlog of physical games I want to try.

And with that, here are the lists. Enjoy!

EDIT: I removed the Games I Plan on getting section as it's pointless. I don't know what I'm going to buy, it's just flying by the seat of my pants.

mario.pngMy List of Platinum Trophies

1 - 50

Spoiler

S7a8294.pngS28f678.pngSe26ba5.pngSde0e4a.pngSde7929.pngS0bbf86.pngSc4683a.pngS1914a1.pngS372d20.pngScc35e7.pngSaebaf9.pngS22310f.pngS95335c.pngSa35b0e.pngSd50baa.pngS88c23c.pngSca4c5b.pngSbb8b8d.pngS80dcc7.pngS0b6856.pngS39d14e.pngSd4d7a5.pngS31132b.pngS8e0e27.pngSa05148.pngS3ede74.pngS67bb4e.pngS8b12f4.pngSe9fd56.pngS217c61.pngS9160ce.pngS026de8.pngS49aeff.pngS3105c8.pngSc3f3d4.pngS9e13dc.pngS1bd517.pngS2abd69.pngS82f7dc.pngS126eda.png

Sd3b213.pngSd36573.pngSe09248.pngS1dcc0a.pngSf1bae8.pngSe33146.pngS040560.pngSeb5440.pngS068ec1.png

1. Spyro the Dragon
  2. Heroes Trials (PS4)
  3. Jack N' Jill DX (PS4)
  4. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
  5. Storm Boy
  6. One Word by POWGI (PS4)
  7. 36 Fragments of Midnight (PS4)
  8. Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past
  9. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
  10. Cat Quest
  11. Metagal (PS4)
  12. Midnight Deluxe (PS4)
  13. Cybarian: The Time Traveling Warrior (PS4)
  14. Persian Sands: Nights of Wonder
  15. Luna
  16. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
  17. Zeroptian Invasion (PS4)
  18. FullBlast (PS4)
  19. Modern Tales: Age of Invention
  20. Lost Grimories: Stolen Kingdom
  21. Super Destronaut DX (PS4)
  22. Pic-A-Pix Classic (PS4)
  23. Super Weekend Mode (PS4)
  24. Warlock's Tower (PS4)
  25. Bond of Skies (did it on the PS4, as the trophy list is shared with both versions)
  26. Tetra's Escape (PS4)
  27. Attack of the Toy Tanks (PS4)
  28. Mixups by POWGI (PS4)
  29. Celeste
  30. Eventide: Slavic Fable
  31. Word Sudoku by POWGI (PS4)
  32. Grass Cutter (PS4)
  33. Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror
  34. Aer: Memories of Old
  35. Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends
  36. Dragon Quest Builders
  37. Super Wiloo Demake
  38. Hoggy 2
  39. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
  40. Dragon Quest Builders 2
  41. Daggerhood (PS4)
  42. Bird Game+
  43. Jack 'N Jill DX (Vita)
  44. Hoggy 2 (Vita)
  45. Super Destronaut DX (Vita)
  46. Gravity Duck (Vita)
  47. One Word by POWGI (Vita)
  48. Super Weekend Mode (Vita)
  49. FullBlast (Vita)
  50. Adventures of Mana

51 - 100

Spoiler

Se8399c.pngS1c0555.pngSc9bca3.pngS1c2b0e.pngSe9753f.pngS9f3356.pngSb4fa87.pngSf86289.pngS4b633c.pngS828cdb.pngS7e7032.pngS943790.pngSbf8c87.pngSba2c61.pngS475302.pngS7547a6.pngS46019e.pngSbd6a83.pngS57b434.pngSbcf766.pngS3255cf.pngS1f5f62.pngSb4754f.pngS46cf28.pngSedce98.pngS054c9a.png

1. Gravity Duck (PS4)
  2. METAGAL (Vita)
  3. Super Wiloo Demake (Vita)
  4. Mekabolt (PS4)
  5. Evoland Legendary Edition
  6. Zerotopian Invasion (Vita)
  7. Mekabolt (Vita)
  8. Mixups by POWGI (Vita)
  9. Tetra's Escape (Vita)
  10. Reverie (Vita)
  11. Warlock's Tower (Vita)
  12. Daggerhood (Vita)
  13. Lara Croft GO (played on PS4)
  14. Donut County
  15. Legend of the Skyfish (PS4)
  16. Pic-A-Pix Classic (Vita)
  17. Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek
  18. Abyss: Wraiths of Eden
  19. LEGO Jurassic World (Vita)
  20. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita)
  21. Buff Knight Advanced
  22. Fifty Words by POWGI (Vita)
  23. Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery
  24. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
  25. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Vita)
  26. Word Wheels by POWGI (Vita)

luigi.pngMy Non-Platinum Games

Spoiler

S72ffaf.pngSa58942.pngS19534c.pngSe8da1e.png

1. Doodle God (Vita)
  2. Doodle Devil (Vita)
  3. Doodle God (PS4)
  4. Doodle Devil (PS4)

index.pngThe BIG Games I Have On Backlog

Spoiler

Sc1510a.pngS606abf.pngS84a5f1.pngS3b5f25.pngSb89872.pngS8396eb.pngS7364fb.pngSda59a3.pngSfa64ec.pngS923a36.png

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
  • Like 2

So I am just shutting this thread down for good and working on a new account. I am not going to tell anyone what this new account is because I don't intend to be participating in any community events on this new account except privately.

?

On 6/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, RuneEyesDragon said:

I am not going to say I won't platinum EZPZ games, but they will not be used for major landmarks on my profile page(like my 10th platinum).

????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

1f914.png1f914.png1f914.png1f914.png

Yes, I understand I will get a lot of flak but I am not going to delude myself into thinking I am above being a trophy hoarder. But I am not going to be a total trophy whore because the games I choose won't be just for the trophies. For example, I don't care how cheap they are, My Name Is Mayo, Mr. Massagy, and Little Adventure on the Prairie are never going to be in this list, ever. I admit that many of the games I play are going to be... simple, but at least I will enjoy playing them. For example.

1Lf47f5a.png

Platinum #15: Luna

Even though this is one of those VR titles which you can play off VR, it was vefy deep and philosophical and I enjoyed playing it. The art style was very gorgeous. I did miss one trophy but it was one that is easily missed. It isn't difficult to complete even if some of the puzzles are tricky. Very beautiful.

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

Guess I should give a brief summary of the first 14 games before I continue, should I? xD

Spoiler

1L891f42.png
#1 - Spyro the Dragon

Hey, my user name is based off a dragon monster in Yu-Gi-Oh, it's a sin NOT to start this new journey with a game where you are a dragon! :D

This wasn't my first Spyro game when it first came out in the PS1 era, but it was really fun to play through(except Tree Tops, curse Supercharge ?) even if only Spyro himself looked the best out of everything. The remake didn't phone it in, they made every dragon look unique and connected to their world in some way. In the Artisan levels you can find a baker dragon with a cake, a chef dragon holding a giant roast turkey leg, a painter dragon, and more. In Lofty Castle I freed a dragon holding a doll! It's really awesome that they made that little touch. ^_^

1L6418d7.png

#2  - Heroes Trials (PS4)

(I only put the version console in multi-list games because I might get off my lazy tailbone and send my PS Vita to get fixed so it can charge properly, but I highly doubt it can be fixed now that Sony has dropped technical support for the Vita. :()

This account is going to have a lot of RPGs on it, and while this is more Zelda-adventure than RPG, it feels like an RPG. It's really easy and you don't even need to complete the game. Although I know a lot of people feel cheated if there is not a game complete trophy, I'm sure that the company who made this game asked the people who dole out trophy lists to make it simple so that you can experience most of the game without banging your head against a final boss. However, I feel that means that the developers were not confident in their boss design. I wouldn't have minded if I had had to beat the final boss instead of getting the platinum after the fourth dungeon. It's a really great top-down adventure and gives me ideas for my own future indie creation. ;)

1L05f4d5.png
#3 - Jack N' Jill DX (PS4)

The game is a really cool take on a runner game(the character moves and you have to keep them alive to the goal) and it looks like the old Kirby's Dreamland game on the Gameboy, which is awesome. Also, most games starting with "J" are not in my league. (Other than Jak and Daxter, and I have decided to dump that franchise like hot coals after getting the Jak 2 and 3 plats with a cheat code. Naughty Dog is not really my favorite game company. The original Jak and Daxter was fun to play but that was it. :()

1Lbc8c9f.png

#4 - Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Okay, I said that a lot of people may wonder if this is legit since there is no trophy for hundred-percenting the game. I can never get 100% in this game because of stupid skateboard tasks. I had gotten 99% on the original Spyro 3, but then the secret world made me race yetis on a giant skateboard and I failed so many times I rage-quit. This game is worse, the Lost Fleet skateboard race is even harder than before. I know it's a cop-out and I need to 'gitgud' but the rest of the game more than makes up for it. I don't mind if I never see the secret level. Bianca looked nice in the original and got a major upgrade in this remake, and the remade creatures who aid Spyro are really cool, finally making Sheila look and sound like an actual female kangaroo. (I prefer original Bentley but we all have our original favorites, what's yours? :))

1La25d53.png

#5 - Storm Boy

While my plans for a Midnight Louie game are never going to happen(unless one of the bigwigs can bribe Carol Nelson Douglas xD) I love when a book, something you read, gets a visual interactive crossover. Yes, it's probably a baby game for babies because it's just a bunch of simple mini-games, but it is a poignant story. EA stumbled horribly on the Harry Potter series, but this game is really great and the story it is based on is wonderful.

1L690809.png

#6 - One Word by POWGI

I admit that I could have waited for a better game starting with "O", but this is a  very east platinum. It is not fast, however, so I only recommend it to people who love doing word puzzles and who love reading quotes from famous people. I did Walt Disney's quote for fun, even though it wasn't one of the puzzles you need to solve for the platinum.

This mutt is going to be avoided if I can avoid him, because word puzzle games are kind of a cop-out and take forever.

1Lf2ed24.png

#7 - 36 Fragments of Midnight (PS4)

This was a really fast platinum. Although I don't like navigating death-trap mazes, the game doesn't torture you with audio and the graphics are very nice. Also, the Platinum Trophy name is awesome!

1Lfaa9e7.png

#8 - Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past

I am so glad Artifex Mundi ported this game! That makes my alphabet list so much easier. Before this game, the only games with a "Q" that could be platinumed were a horrible PS3 James Bond multiplayer shooter and some weird puzzle games. None of those were fun for me.

I admit Artifex Mund is a great company. To be fair, their games used to be computer games before they found money in porting the games to PS4. I didn't think hidden-objects puzzles were going to be fun until you put them in a point-and-click adventure story.

Also, most of the games have female protagonists, which is a plus for me. (Not for what you think - I may be a dude, but I'm not thinking with the organ down under when I think of women.)

1L3f1abf.png

#9 - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

I blame this game for costing me a tooth. Gulp is clearly the final boss. xD

This was the first Spyro game I played on the original PS1, and my gawd, Ripto looks a lot more evil than he did in the original games. :o The levels were as brutal as I remembered them and that's a great thing. Now I hope they remake Enter the Dragonfly and make it a good game instead of some buggy glitchfest. Enter the Dragonfly had so much potential with its hub world and elemental breaths. Also, remake A Hero's Tail. It looked great but the characters were very one-dimensional and nobody liked Blinx the mole. (Also, show why the mammoth that stomped Spyro wasn't the third boss!)

1L10438f.png

#10 - Cat Quest

I hope the Gentleman Bros. port over Cat Quest 2 to PS4 because I know they made it for PC. The option to co-op with a dog partner is just sweet.

Yes, I am a cat person. I have a black cat living with me and while she is a brat and yowls a lot, it's better than having a baby! (No offense, I love kids, but just... not having them. :() I fell for this game after someone did a speed-run of it on a Games Done Quick marathon. It's pretty easy to die if you overstep your bounds but if you can get the golden key and are reckless enough, you'll find the ultimate equipment and breeze through the plot. (Be warned, the ultiamte equipment is NOT unguarded!)

Being a cat guy, I had to have this game as my first major landmark and my 10th platinum.

1L866daa.png

#11 - METAGAL (PS4)

I had a soft spot for Mega Man clones as I am not confident in getting through Mega Man's many titles as you have to be very careful how you move through them and Mighty No. 9,  well... let's not talk about THAT. :P

I admit that the trophy list was rather short. I wouldn't have minded having to complete the game even though METAGAL is a Mega Man Clone and therefore it's easy to die. A lot. Getting the platinum just for defeating one of the levels and a few miscellaneous tasks is... well, it's underwhelming, but I'm sure they'll make a remixed edition with a bigger trophy list. There is so much potential for this company and its properties. Using the gears to make your own checkpoint in a level to get past a brutal part is really great.

1L3f6421.png

#12 - Midnight Deluxe (PS4)

I don't know what to think about Angry Birds clones, but Midnight Deluxe uses the same world as 36 Fragments but you basically shoot the square character through holes and to a goal. It is a mediocre more difficult than 36 Fragments and a couple of trophies are missable but there is a puzzle select so it's not too bad.

1Lafc0ce.png
#13 - Cybarian The Time-Traveling Warrior (PS4)

I admit that I didn't like the game as much as someone who was into Ninja Gaiden or some similar type of platformer would be. I died a lot, especially when trying for the trophy to get to the first boss on the hardest difficulty. At least you don't have to complete the game, because the second level was HORRIBLE. The fat guys with sticks kept doing tons of damage because I couldn't predict their attack patterns. However, 99% of the trophies are automatically gotten since you have to kill all enemies to advance to the next screen(except the laser eyes).

A fun short game for those who love Ninja Gaiden, Final Fight and those weird beatemups.

1L8b22ed.png

#14 - Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder

The problem with some Artifex Mundi games is that they require 100% collection of obscure hidden items, so you're playing a hidden-object game through the story, and you usually cannot backtrack to older areas after points in the story. That meant it's easy to miss a collectible and not get the 100% collection trophy. That happened here - I missed an emblem and found myself one short and way past the point where I could have found it, forcing me to delete my save (if you start a new game from the beginning and don't delete your save first, the game doesn't count any emblems you count so it's easy to lose track) and start a new story playthrough.

Still, I did enjoy the story and the battle puzzle sequences were intense. The Arabian mythos setting was really fun to play through. :)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

Thanks! I think the community events help to give you a focus and goals to shoot for. Might sign up for your Backlog Pyramid event again, I think I can complete a pyramid this time but you'll have to remove @DragonQuest238 because that was one of my older accounts and isn't viable anymore, since I had to replace my PS4 due to a freak thunderstorm frying my old PS4 and the TV connected to it and I don't want to sign up my old accounts to the new PS4. :(

I've been a little busy lately with The Sims 4 Island Living coming out and making more content for me to play through and start a Legacy challenge, which takes months of real life. But the allure of living on the oceanside and becoming a mermaid are too strong for my PS4 to counter. I did get my first Dragon Quest Builders trophy. I am hoping that Summer Games Done Quick 2019 will keep me distracted while I earn all of the remaining trophies in this game. It's not a snore-fest, but there are a lot of grindy parts.

It'll give me something to do while waiting for Super Mario Maker 2 to come out. :P

Been burning the midnight oil twice to get my next platinum: Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. I decided on this as my 16th platinum after watching a speedrun at Games Done Quick's special female gamer marathon, and the run had such silly commentary that it hooked me. It's been fun so far. I managed to reach the final boss from 0% in two days but I am going to hate myself because I am going to be so tired and I need to go to gym in two hours and then buy groceries. ?

Unfortunately, I can't sleep because my throat is being a little prick and I can't breathe very well so I have to hack up a lot, and it's not fun. :( So I decided to post an update.

I'm not going to pretend like I understand why you keep doing this, but I decided to revise your rules to something that makes sense:

1. I will use a grounded surge protector for all of my expensive electronic equipment.
  2. I will not use my electronics during a lightning storm.
  3. I will back up all of my data to a USB stick or PS+ regularly.
  4. I will not create another PSN account after this one.
  5. I will pay Cassy $100 every time I break one of these rules.

The fifth one is optional.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm not going to pretend like I understand why you keep doing this, but I decided to revise your rules to something that makes sense:

1. I will use a grounded surge protector for all of my expensive electronic equipment.
  2. I will not use my electronics during a lightning storm.
  3. I will back up all of data to a USB stick or PS+ regularly.
  4. I will not create another PSN account after this one.
  5. I will pay Cassy $100 every time I break one of these rules.

The fifth one is optional.

Good because I just bought Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom and I don't really want to risk paying $100. Don't worry, there was another thunderstorm but other than a ten second blackout nothing bad happened. My dad bought a grounded  surge strip but for some reason my PS4 is a little brat and refuses to turn on when plugged into it. I might be having trouble with operating the power switch, though. Anyways, I am definitely going to be a lot more vigilant. I am reaching the point of middle age and while I love some games, repeating them for trophies is starting to lose its charm. At least I have kicked my MMO addiction and will probably delete all of my bookmarks on MapleSlavery and Wizard101 so I forget they exist. You think grinding 200 hours in Dragon Quest XI for rare drops is bad? Trying fighting three extremely unfair battles just in hopes of getting ultimate gear. (I'm looking at you, Malistaire in Darkmoor.) xD:P

Anyways, I do intend to back up future saves to the cloud or USB(I have a couple of flash drives, will those work?) to avoid any damage. I am probably going to get rid of my old computer soon - it's been crashing and freezing a lot more lately.

Anyways...

1Lbfee73.png
Platinum #16: Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

I got into this game due to this speedrun on the Games Done Quick channel. The host was laughing so much I had to get into it. But I was interested in the music and art style, which reminded me of Shantae. Consider this Shantae Easy Mode. :P

The premise is the same: You play a hero who ends up gaining several animal forms that give special abilities. Unlike Shantae, you lose your human form quickly and don't gain it back until the endgame, but each transformation you get is really unique. You can even become a snake that lets you explore tiny areas!

This is a Metroidvania in the style of Shantae: Risky's Revenge... and has an annoying 100% map trophy. That was the last trophy I earned because I missed a tiny sliver of Pirate Shore which has a puzzle letting you enter a room... but by the time I found it I had 100% completion so there was no point in going into that door. I tried to solve the puzzle for a bit but it  was clear that it was just filler. :(

Still, you've gotta love the anime opening! ^_^

(This game is the fifth game in the Wonder Boy series, a very niche platforming franchise that started on Neo-Geo as a runner-type game about a primitive boy but grew into a fantasy series. This game nods to Wonder Boy and the Dragon's Trap (which also has the hero get turned into various animals) and even has a couple of retro 8-bit scenes in it!)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
  • Like 1

I couldn't sleep so I put in some work. :)

1L7129e5.png

Platinum #17: Zeroptian Invasion (PS4)

1Lff86f1.png

Platinum #18: FullBlast (PS4)

So yeah, not too much of a fan of these type of top-down shooters, but they don't require you to beat the game, so after a great awesome Metroidvania like Monster Boy, these two got the cut. Besides, I had a decent amount of money and these together were $10.36. I wanted to get some more platinums before Dragon Quest Builders was finished. ;)

1Lacd600.png
Platinum #19: Modern Tales: Age of Invention

1L5d8f49.png

Platinum #20: Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

The last two games in my first 20 are Artifex Mundi point-and-clicks because  I really enjoy those types of games. I wanted to do something more important for #20 but I decided I wanted to get the goal of 20 platinums before Super Mario Maker 2 comes out tomorrow and it sucks up all of my time. xD

On 6/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, RuneEyesDragon said:

Good because I just bought Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom and I don't really want to risk paying $100.

Well, you already owe me $200 for breaking your own rule #3 twice. (Yeah, my rules apply to yours as well.)

Anyway, that Monster Boy game does have a really good art style. Is there an order in which I should play those games? Should I do Wonder Boy first, or is it okay to jump right into Monster Boy?

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Well, you already owe me $200 for breaking your own rule #3 twice. (Yeah, my rules apply to yours as well.)

Anyway, that Monster Boy game does have a really good art style. Is there an order in which I should play those games? Should I do Wonder Boy first, or is it okay to jump right into Monster Boy?

Okay, I'll try to see if that power strip my dad bought works again as it's raining. (No lightning though, it's probably just a flood again. Summer rains stink. :()

#21: Super Destronaut DX (PS4)

Very easy and quick game to get the platinum in. Now suffering through 150 picross puzzles in Pic-A-Pix Classic. But hey, it's a great way to kill time for Super Mario Maker 2!

super-mario-maker-2-nintendo-switch-revi

Oh gosh, please don't kill me guys! I'm not leaving the PS4! This is just something to do to detox... oops, should not have said it like that.... *runs away and hides* :(

1L984c57.png
#22: Pic-A-PIx Classic (PS4)

I earned this platinum because I thought I would have time to finish it before Super Mario Maker 2 came  out.... but if there is one thing Pic-A-Pix is good at, it's staying around until the last dog is hung. :P

This took me three days to complete because you have to complete 150 puzzles of picross. This is the easiest as you only need to use one color, the others require you to use multiple colors. :(

Anyone wondering if I would just redo my account a zillion times can look to this piece of boring garbage and there's your answer. Whoever thought that 150 virtual picross puzzles are fun... well, I won't judge them but don't force them upon me. Not completing the set of Pic-A-Pix for that reason. I want to platinum Dragon Quest XI and that isn't happening if I try the other Pic-A-Pix games. ?

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

Three new platinums!

1Lc6f427.png

#23 - Super Weekend Mode (PS4)

I had bought this for an event but found I was checking the wrong URL, so here it is. This is an annoying Araknoid-type shooter and I got Game Over too many times as you have to have fast reflexes. Still, you only need to complete the third level. I started the fourth level before I realized that I have to go into options and change the difficulty to hard for one trophy.

At least the icon is cute!

1L2bdacc.png

#24: Warlock's Tower (PS4)

An 8-bit Gameboy graphics puzzler where you have to move your character precisely. It was so boring because I had to look up a guide for the harder levels, and then I had to unplug my PS4 halfway because it was raining and lightning was flashing outside, and the last thing I needed was another fried PS4.

But I got through it. The problem is that one trophy doesn't pop until you shut the game down after you win the game and then reload it. This is a technical issue that shouldn't exist.

But hey, easy peasy "W"-name title. Sorry World of Final Fantasy, but my July money is going towards Dragon Quest Builders 2. :(

1Ldb9968.png

#25: Bond of Skies

I played this game on Vita and PS4 but the trophy list is shared so it doesn't matter what you play it on. You WILL have to buy the DLC add-ons to have a chance at getting a quick platinum as the fights get harder and harder every story chapter. While I lost the flow of the game by enabling the add-ons(I didn't get the no encoutners one until I got everyone to max level), I had seen the story on the Vita version, which I struggled through on the last account. Also, the final final boss is still no joke even at max level. A classic Kemco 16-bit RPG you will grow to love. I had other ideas for my #25, but this beat them out. ;)

1Lcb3ad6.png
#26 - Tetra's Escape (PS4)

The first game in my Gaming by Numbers list. It's a really EZPZ game involving creatures that can transform into Tetris pieces. You only need to get 50% of the collectibles and do a few miscellaneous things.

1Lef19ac.png
#27 - Attack of the Toy Tanks (PS4)

Unfortunately, when I tried to play my physical copy of Kingdom Hearts III, the game got damaged so my copy was unplayable and I had to wait for the DLC to install. So that was out the window right now. What was worse is this game - it's a horrible twin-stick shooter that is brutal because, well, you're fighting tanks. :(

I was so glad to get the platinum out of the way, as now I had an game starting with A. It was the second game in my Gaming By Numbers event list.

1L0fa27c.png

#28 - Mixups by POWGI (PS4)

To replace Kingdom Hearts III in my Gaming by Numbers list was this abomination. I swore I'd never play another POWGI game again, but you know how it is. Boring and long. But it had to be done. :(

After that, I took a long break.

1L4ee3e4.png
#29: Celeste

So I spent my 4th of July climbing a mountain. No, seriously. xD

Anyways, I had thought about putting this as my 30th platinum but as soon as I got started, I got hooked. Of course, I, being the plebian n00b in platforming that I am, used the Assist Mode. I'm surprised that they haven't patched the game to disable trophies for using it yet. It's a beautiful game, though. The PIC0-8 was probably the hardest part as there is no cheat code for that.

1Lb42a1c.png

#30 - Eventide: Slavic Fable

Almost worried I had to do a second playthrough but I managed to find that one missable card. :P

Another Artifex Mundi game, the first of a trilogy based around Slavic folklore and myth. A great short point-and-click adventure.

You know, by the time I get to 100 platinums, I will probably owe you more money than the Gross National Debt. xD

I'm not going to try to defend my actions. And if I make another new account, I'll never track it on PSN Profiles, I'll just go to the lame TrueTrophies site to track my trophies and drop off the face of this forum and delete all of my bookmarks to PSNProfiles and never lurk on these forums again. Trust me, if I don't post here anymore, then go check out the Super Mario Maker 2 website and see if "CJSerpent" has started uploading a ton of courses because that means I've made another account and dropped this account, then I hated that account and retired as a full-time Super Mario Maker 2 streamer.

I am not going to be intimidated by your threats of owing you money. If I end up owing you more money than even Donald Trump can afford, then I am going to laugh because I earn trophies casually. While Celeste was easy to get most of the trophies with the cheat mode, I am going to set standards - any game that gives you a 5-minute platinum by using its debug mode (the Jak series and Tower of Dragonasia) won't be allowed.

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

1L1a2d37.png
#31: Word Sudoku by POWGI (PS4)

Ah well, I had this on tap and I needed something to do so to get out of Miitopia burning distraction so this worked. It's still boring as heck but at least you only need to complete 50 puzzles and most of them just click NEXT to get to the next puzzle instead of going to the menu to get the next one. POWGI is still a boring mutt. :P

I am going to try to avoid future POWGI titles but no promises.

1L4787ba.png
#32: Grass Cutter (PS4)

I love Games Done Quick, it is my favorite group of speed-runners that get through games fast. One interesting game they ran for their Awesome Games Done Quick charity marathon in 2015 was a little PC title called Lawn Mower. In this game, you have to play Pac-Man using a lawn mower and mow every tile of grass and more and more obstacles are put in your way. Here's a link to the three-way race of this game they did if you are interested.

Well, some idiot savant decided to make an indie title of this game using pixel art just recently. Yep, Grass Cutter, this game, is just an upgraded version of Lawn Mower with Minecraft graphics. However, it's a very easy platinum and allowed me to fill out the "G" title on my alphabet list so I don't have to do some pervy rail shooter or Mexican Metroidvania. (Sorry, Guacamelee... no offense.)

1L051151.png
#33: Eventide 2 - Sorcerer's Mirror

The sequel to #30 done for my Gaming by Numbers list. It's not too difficult, just a bit long and you need to follow a guide to get all of the collectibles and find the imps you need to talk to. Also, you need to play most of the story again to choose the opposite choice in five conversations to get a trophy. It's okay, but I'm glad I'm done with it.

1Lbb27bf.png
#34 - AER: Memories of Old

I know this game is really easy, it's just exploration and puzzle stuff. There's a big bad, but the confrontation with him is cutscene-only. Still, this game is very beautiful in the way it uses polygon graphics and don't say you never wished to fly with wings as a kid. :P

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

1L0db24e.png
#35 - Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends

Finally finished an Artifex Mundi trilogy, and this is one wild ride. If you are a big fan of Slavic folklore, check this trilogy out. This time you deal with gods and beings who control the weather. I don't know much about Perun outside of this game but if anyone wants to enlighten me, then please do so. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So... long time update. Sorry. I got five platinums.

1L472e3f.png
#36: Dragon Quest Builders

I made a vow not to play the sequel until I got the platinum for this. The list is simple: Complete the story of the four chapters, complete all of the challenges, and do a few random things. I went crazy and did the miscellaneous trophies involving destroying and placing 3000 items. I then went lucid and tried again. xD

But all in all, a great game.

1L88a383.png

#37 - Super Wiloo Demake (PS4)

1Lc9670e.png

#38 - Hoggy 2 (PS4)

I had to get up to Plat #40 and these two little Ratalaika titles did the trick - you didn't even need to beat the story. The first was a basic 8-bit side-scrolling platformer and the second was a weird puzzle game thing involving gravity tricks. Both were rather cute. :)

1Le737b9.png

#39 - Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

This was the very first Artifex Mundi title I ever played and it still holds water to this day. A steampunk adventure rescuing your uncle from a mad tyrant makes the story really cool and the trophy list isn't too bad at all. ;)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon