Making the Megadrive/Genesis controls more like the SNES version

You

My god, the menus in this game are really confusing. I wish like Hamsters Arcade archives you could remap the buttons outside of the game.

Anyway, after playing the SNES version and going to the Megadrive version the button placements feel horrible.

Go the options and replace your control with

1P

SHOT

JUMP

SELECT

and then things should feel better when you get in game. I had to trial and error a few times to figure out which button was mapped to what.

Granted, change weapon is Circle instead of Triangle, the game won't let you configure that button.... At least jump and shoot feel better again.

Edited by enaysoft

That was my problem with the Sega Genesis controller.

Three buttons, a D-pad and a start button. With the SNES controller you had four main buttons, a select and start button, a d-pad and the L and R buttons.

Apparently Sony took ideas from the SNES controller because the comparison is spot on.

Thanks for the info. I just bought and downloaded this collection and will be playing it shortly.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

That was my problem with the Sega Genesis controller.

Three buttons, a D-pad and a start button. With the SNES controller you had four main buttons, a select and start button, a d-pad and the L and R buttons.

Apparently Sony took ideas from the SNES controller because the comparison is spot on.

Thanks for the info. I just bought and downloaded this collection and will be playing it shortly.

Unless you used the 6 button controller. It was designed to emulate an arcade layout

Sadly on most of the other Contra games, you won't be redefining anything, which means you'll have X as fire and Square or Circle or jump.

In other words completely different button layouts to both Megadrive and SNES versions... *sigh*