Cryptonyte

Are people getting trophies from the free trial week?

20 posts in this topic

Title is pretty self explanatory. I wanna download this because I am bored and wanna see how bad it is, but I do not want the trophies to stay in my collection. Has anyone else tried downloading the trial and gotten trophies? I really don't blame you if you haven't, I am just trying to entertain myself lol

The trial does not allow for trophies to be unlocked.

27 minutes ago, Cryptonyte said:

Title is pretty self explanatory. I wanna download this because I am bored and wanna see how bad it is, but I do not want the trophies to stay in my collection. Has anyone else tried downloading the trial and gotten trophies? I really don't blame you if you haven't, I am just trying to entertain myself lol

Couldn't you just use an alternative profile and play it on there?

Also, as mentioned above, the trial does not unlock any trophies.

Just now, DaivRules said:

Couldn't you just use an alternative profile and play it on there?

Also, as mentioned above, the trial does not unlock any trophies.

Mmmm I did not think about that

Not necessarily the best choice (Bethesda making bad decisions... shocking, I know.) If nothing else, by allowing people to unlock trophies they could at least brute force some people with an obsessive-compulsion towards completion to buy the game to minimize "damage," as it were.

Sure, it may not be the most sizable demographic of players but at least there's some amount of guaranteed money in there, which a free trial is, by definition, not going to provide... regardless of how many people are duped into--err, I mean, convinced to buy it.

9 minutes ago, AK-1138 said:

Not necessarily the best choice

I would bet it's a Sony requirement since that's considered to be a demo and no demos have trophies. None of the other free weekend games have trophies. Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, The Division 2, etc.

Is this what Tom Clancy Wildlands is also?  I noticed I had what appears to be the full version in my library with updates.

Did I download a free trial for x # number of hours to play the full game through PS Plus?  Not really sure what this is, but I assume a PS Plus timed trial with no trophies?

all demos from ps4 dont give out trophys as far as i know. get to play for 2 hours to decide if you like the game or not.

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I would bet it's a Sony requirement since that's considered to be a demo and no demos have trophies. None of the other free weekend games have trophies. Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, The Division 2, etc.

I wonder where Hitman 2 falls then cause I unlocked trophies on the free trial/demo/intro thing which forced me to then buy the game and 100% it (it worked out though cause the game is phenomenal)

Just now, jonesey46 said:

I wonder where Hitman 2 falls then cause I unlocked trophies on the free trial/demo/intro thing which forced me to then buy the game and 100% it (it worked out though cause the game is phenomenal)

I don't know there is a demo for that, I thought the base game was free with like, 2 maps, then you had to buy everything else. Was that not the case?

10 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Hitman wasnt a demo, they just gave you the first chapter for free, and the trophy list is designed so that this first chapter is considered the base game and the remaining chapters DLC. You can complete the base game trophy list with the free trial, without buying anything.

See this topic here:

1 hour ago, Frejim said:

Question: will the trophies pop if I end buying the game?

Depends on trophies and how are they tracked. Sometimes trophies might pop instantly when you launch a game, other times you need to perform +1 action for the trophy (ie: for something like "Get 10 kills", even if you'd meet the requirements, you'd have to get +1 kill to get the trophy). As for "story progression" type of trophies which requirements you cannot repeat would most definitely auto pop.

TLDR: Varies from game to game.

IMO all time trials should allow players to earn trophies within a limited timeframe.

8 hours ago, Frejim said:

Just bought the game from amazon. Will let you know monday if they pop when I log on. 

On 13.06.2019 at 8:26 PM, lordguwa said:

all demos from ps4 dont give out trophys as far as i know. get to play for 2 hours to decide if you like the game or not.

Few years ago i played RDR trial and unlocked one trophy. But this trophy was hided till i bought the game.

But it was PS3

Edited by IoIly

On 6/14/2019 at 0:26 PM, Frejim said:

I was wondering this same question too. I'm quite enjoying this n got to ch. 3. Don't understand why this game get so much hate. ( you don't have to explain it to me) I'm happy with it.

On 14/6/2019 at 9:11 PM, IoIly said:

Few years ago i played RDR trial and unlocked one trophy. But this trophy was hided till i bought the game.

But it was PS3

I had a problem with Need for Speed trial on PS3, I got like 10 initial trophies requirements, but when I bought the game, I could never get them, they got bugged.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:26 PM, Frejim said:

I played the BETA and trophies were disabled. When I played the game at launch, some trophies popped (levels and stat trophies)  but the trophies for completing quests didn't. I had to make a second character and complete those quests again. I only took 2-4 hours and I had a lot fun sneaking through areas I was under level to combat through.

Can confirm nothing pops when you load into the full game. 

Edit- So I have done some testing now. Quest trophies can be done by starting a new character, no problem there. Trophies that count things, like getting 200 junk can also be done, maybe on the trail character, but on a new one for sure. What does not carry over is challenges. I had popped over 20 on my trial character. Loaded him up and did another, no trophy. Made a new character and had to do 5 more to get the first one to pop. Since these are account bound, if you end up doing all the easy ones in the trial then you are kinda stuck in the main game. There are daily and weekly ones, but they seem to be a pain. Have not hit level 10 yet, so I cant talk about the level trophy but I dont see it being an issue. 

Edit 2- 300 kills and level 10 also triggered no problem. Seems the only thing it messes with is the challenges. 

Edited by XileLerinril
More Info