Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

It looks like online trophies are kept to a bare minimum, and thank God! I really didn't feel like winning 100+ ranked matches xD List seems simple compared to something like King of Fighters 13, we can all be thankful :)

• Like 2

This trophy list looks fairly easy and straightforward. As an avid fighting game myself, I'm disappointed in the lack of rank-based online trophies. I actually enjoyed the journey to Golden League on Street Fighter V, and I wish more popular titles had similar trophies. They are the most satisfying to earn, in my opinion. 

The list looks pretty chill . What interests me is the artwork trophy , I wonder what kind of conditions you would need to unlock them? Remember Street Fighter 4 where you needed to complete all the tutorials for some icons and badges. If one artwork requires you to win x matches in a row ranked then that would be interesting xD 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 2:00 AM, Copanele said:

Close to platinuming it myself, difficulty is around 2 to 3/10. The only moderate challenge is the gauntlet mode.

Yoshitora no continues story playthrough might give some people trouble.  The fight with the last boss for him can be really tricky.  But 2 to 3 is accurate in my opinion as well.  Just have 14 characters to beat story without continuing for the story and artwork trophies, and defeat ghosts 80 more times for the plat myself.

EDIT: Just got the Platinum.

Yoshitora and Earthquake are the only characters that might take more than 1 to 2 tries to be the last boss with.  Their HS connect multiple times (more than 2 hits, around 3 - 5) which leaves you open to being punished by the last boss, and they only get the full damage from them at a distance.  That seems to make the boss use her more damaging attacks.

Yoshitora it's best to play defensive and pick at the boss until you win round one.  Round 2 the minute you get the boss vulnerable you'll want to trigger your super special move.  Hitting with that will automatically unlock the 7th sword special move.  That move will devastate the boss and cause the vulnerable phase to kick in quickly.  Not to mention it takes off a ton of health in the vulnerable phase.  Stay defensive though, only using it at an opening.

For Earthquake I found alternating between a jumping HS and a docking HS, in that order, once or twice after she stops attacking worked well.  Staying defensive in between and learning the patterns for her teleporting sword swipes move, because that one gave me more problems at first than anything else.  

And the biggest thing, always hold back at the start of round 2 because she starts it with her beam super move every time.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 9:00 AM, Copanele said:

Close to platinuming it myself, difficulty is around 2 to 3/10. The only moderate challenge is the gauntlet mode.

2??????  2 out of 10??? Are you kidding? Thats a 5 or 6. Story with yoshitora and gauntles mode is extrem hard. 

2 ??ridiculous

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I_Kaoji_I said:

2??????  2 out of 10??? Are you kidding? Thats a 5 or 6. Story with yoshitora and gauntles mode is extrem hard. 

2 1f602.png1f602.pngridiculous

Set the story on easy + all the lightning blade , weapon flipping and super super attacks in the game will help you with yoshitora tooxD and gauntlet mode : Pick up galford and spam projectiles. At the final boss just let her do her thingies then spam heavy attacks inbetween.

Honestly this game is hella easy to plat, just abit time consuming with the ghost fights

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Set the story on easy + all the lightning blade , weapon flipping and super super attacks in the game will help you with yoshitora tooxD and gauntlet mode : Pick up galford and spam projectiles. At the final boss just let her do her thingies then spam heavy attacks inbetween.

Honestly this game is hella easy to plat, just abit time consuming with the ghost fights

Its not hella easy its damm hard how do you wanna spam when the operent block everythings and give you a guardbreak and then use they super attacks? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, I_Kaoji_I said:

2 1f602.png1f602.pngridiculous

I platinumed it yesterday and I give it a 2 or 3 out of 10 max.  Gauntlet I just used Haohmaru and spammed lot of HS along with his projectile and shoryuken moves.  Once I got to the boss you can pretty much spam the Shoryuken and HS on round 1 to beat her.  Round 2 you need to be less aggressive, but the same strategy works pretty well there too.

For story Yoshitora drop the CPU down to 1, and 1 round, then at the boss (the only difficult part of the story) stay away from her and spam standing HS whenever she quits attacking for a bit, block her attacks as best you can.  

Once you beat her in round 1 you'll want to be more defensive, but still use the same strategy until you get her vulnerability phase.  Then use your super special move.  Once you hit her while she's vulnerable with that you can now spam his 7th sword whenever she stops attacking to do massive damage and knock her vulnerable nearly every time.  It's not super easy, but really not hard either.

• Like 1

Also if I might add as a general rule of thumb...Samurai Shodown is VERY defensive based. Don't expect to pull crazy combos like in MK, you have to defend most of your time then time your attacks. That's why Yoshitora might pose a slight issue, because his attacks leave him vulnerable, so you can't leisurely spam circle the whole game xD 

Genjuro laughs at Gauntlet Mode. Spam Circle button and Lightning Blade, easy-peasy.

I'm only missing 3 trophies before plat, and they're the online ones. I'll get to them whenever I decide to renew my PS+ membership. This game is the easiest of any fighting game plat I've ever gotten.

42 minutes ago, gtkof said:

Genjuro laughs at Gauntlet Mode. Spam Circle button and Lightning Blade, easy-peasy.

I'm only missing 3 trophies before plat, and they're the online ones. I'll get to them whenever I decide to renew my PS+ membership. This game is the easiest of any fighting game plat I've ever gotten.

It's pretty much the same with Haohmaru, unless you get an unlucky miss with the lightning blade.  Had it happen twice with Hanzo in match 15.  The only issue I had with it, third time getting there I beat him easy and beat gauntlet on that attempt.  Was really confused by that, since I didn't do anything remotely different my first two.  Just unlucky I guess.

Edited by Snake2410