Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

46 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

So you have to beat everyone's story without continuing to get enough artwork for the trophy?

Yes. But it can be done on easy level 1 CPU and 1 round matches. You can completely bypass all the frustration that way ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gtkof said:

Yes. But it can be done on easy level 1 CPU and 1 round matches. You can completely bypass all the frustration that way ?

Truthfully even on default lvl 3 this game is still easy xD I do believe it was intended for online section only ,since connectivity is strangely good.

It's unusual for SNK to do an easy final boss though ... ?

40 minutes ago, gtkof said:

Yes. But it can be done on easy level 1 CPU and 1 round matches. You can completely bypass all the frustration that way 1f609.png

Yeah, I started at default settings but then dropped it to 1 CPU level and 1 round because I lost 2 or 3 fights in a row and didn't want to deal with unnecessary frustration.  I am better at and enjoy more fighting games that are more combo heavy so this game is not really doing it for me. I just want to get it done and hopefully convince my friend to buy my copy. :D

Edited by Killbomb

On 6/13/2019 at 7:10 PM, Einigkeit said:

Seems pretty simple, with the exception of the Gauntlet, Survival, and Time Trial trophies. Without knowing what those modes look like, it's hard to say how difficult they could be.

I tried Gauntlet, & it seems the difficulty is raised quite a bit. Survival (Back from the Dead) & Time Trial (Gale of Fury) trophies are actually easy. BFTD only takes a 5 win streak on survival, while GOF just requires getting 150 seconds worth of extra time in time trial.

Shizuka is not that hard on Story mode at the default setting. But be warned- when you've beaten her the 1st time, you had better guard low when the next round starts. You'll know why.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Truer words have never been spoken xD 100% agree, especially since a DLC is on its way

I can't stop playing online. In fact, it's the reason why I don't have the platinum right now! But I am going to platinum Samurai Shodown today. :D

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

2-3/10 my ***. Gauntlet is such a frustrating experience. Nothing like plowing through 16 fights only to lose at the end and be forced to do it all over again. Compounding it is the horrifying load times. I timed my most recent at 5% death on the last fight at it was 7min in in game fights but throw in loading times and it was 15min. The ridiculous loading and the fact that the only difficult fight is at the very end is making me want to rip my hair out.

• Like 1

OK THEN maybe a new difficulty reranking is in order.

Game is a straight up 2/10 in terms of plat difficulty compared to other fighting games, no doubt about that. Seriously this is one easy plat if you played some fighting games.

Compared to other games, it's a max 4/10. I mean sure the gauntlet can be tricky if you use Ruixiang I guess but with Galford it's a piece of cake. Just need more practice.

You can beat everyone with Galford's Plasmablade. Versus the final boss, maintain the approximate distance shown in the picture ( Medium range ) , Block any attack Shizuka throws at you then slash her to oblivion. What I used was 2 heavy slashes, waited to block her attacks ( she does a super now and then) then repeated. I am not a fighting game master but I could handle this bad girl without much trouble.

You can even do it with Genjuro (tested) if you don't like Galford. Triple death hack , or turtle followed by an "uppercut".

Yes the image is not with shizuka, just an approximate estimation. Don't give up , you can do it :) 

PS4_PRO_G106_Kuroki_20190215_0228.jpeg

7 hours ago, Copanele said:

OK THEN maybe a new difficulty reranking is in order.

Game is a straight up 2/10 in terms of plat difficulty compared to other fighting games, no doubt about that. Seriously this is one easy plat if you played some fighting games.

Compared to other games, it's a max 4/10. I mean sure the gauntlet can be tricky if you use Ruixiang I guess but with Galford it's a piece of cake. Just need more practice.

You can beat everyone with Galford's Plasmablade. Versus the final boss, maintain the approximate distance shown in the picture ( Medium range ) , Block any attack Shizuka throws at you then slash her to oblivion. What I used was 2 heavy slashes, waited to block her attacks ( she does a super now and then) then repeated. I am not a fighting game master but I could handle this bad girl without much trouble.

You can even do it with Genjuro (tested) if you don't like Galford. Triple death hack , or turtle followed by an "uppercut".

Yes the image is not with shizuka, just an approximate estimation. Don't give up , you can do it :) 

PS4_PRO_G106_Kuroki_20190215_0228.jpeg

Haohmaru worked just fine for me in Gauntlet.  Beat her on my fist try.  It was Hanzo that took me 2 tries to get past in order to even get to her.  Gauntlet really wasn't very hard for me, more annoying than anything because of Hanzo.  Used HS and specials here and there, usually whiffed my LB move whenever I tried to use it so I only used it a few times.  I haven't really played many fighters in years either.  But I was really into fighters in the 90's so maybe that helped me.  I still stick to a 2 out of 10, but I can maybe see a 3 - 4 if you've not played fighters from the early to mid 90's.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 1:13 AM, gtkof said:

The hardest part is NOT knowing how you're supposed to play Yoshitora vs Shizuka 1f605.png

During my Story runs, I didn't take the time to properly learn each character's respective command list because I wanted to put the platinum trophy behind me already. I continuously spammed HS and performed finishing moves when my opponent's vitality was low enough so I could kill them instantly. This tactic worked for me until I reached Shizuka as Yoshitora, and needless to say, I wasn't pleased with the outcome. Shizuka defeated me four times before I finally beat her and obtained my platinum; it was a great feeling. 

I will continue to play Samurai Shodown online as it is, in my opinion, the best fighting game that is currently out on PS4. Also, I want to support SNK for making the season pass free temporarily. SNK is the antithesis of Capcom and other fighting game companies. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 7:17 PM, JustOneStingray said:

2-3/10 my ***. Gauntlet is such a frustrating experience. Nothing like plowing through 16 fights only to lose at the end and be forced to do it all over again. Compounding it is the horrifying load times. I timed my most recent at 5% death on the last fight at it was 7min in in game fights but throw in loading times and it was 15min. The ridiculous loading and the fact that the only difficult fight is at the very end is making me want to rip my hair out.

The load times are indeed horrendous. They make even going through story mode a chore. Might put the game on the shelf for now and hope for a patch to improve the loading or at least restricting Gauntlet mode to one stage to cut down on loading. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

I just got platinum trophy. I'm not very good in fighting games but it wasn't too hard. 4/10 in my opinion. It took me 4 tries to beat Gauntlet Mode. I used Ganford and spamed Poppy attack and throwing plasma blades. Last boss was quite challenging but I beat her using only heavy attacks(and lightning blade but it does very little damage). I made video with this simple strategy

• Like 2

• 3 months later...