Is this any good?

Lonemankane

I tried to look into it and well found nothing but people saying it is good for trophies and well I don't care for the trophies of the game I only looked to this because it looks like silent hill 1 and well I want to know if this is any good. As in any good for a player who loves the old silent hill games and siren as this looks ok and the kind I would enjoy but yeah I want to know if it is before I put down £15 on this as yeah. if it is crap and only good for trophies I rather not care for it unless I found it for like £1 or at most £1.99

Just now, reiner- said:

It's not great.

It's weird that's for sure and the controls, god damn the controls. Tank controls should be outlawed. 

I might not like tank controls but Re remaster has it and I played it completely from start to finish on my knife only run with it and didn't have much problems. but that is mostly due to playing sh games and re games. if that is the only problem well want to know what is the plot like and what there is and so on.

The plot is weird, that's all I'm going to say. 

To 100% this game you will need a guide but that will cut gameplay time though.

I would say it's worth getting for how cheap it is especially if the controls don't bother you. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, reiner- said:

The plot is weird, that's all I'm going to say. 

To 100% this game you will need a guide but that will cut gameplay time though.

I would say it's worth getting for how cheap it is especially if the controls don't bother you. 

ah ok, I will keep that in mind, I am not sure though on getting still. thanks for replying

6 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

I kinda assumed it would be weird, since it's inspired by Resident Evil and Silent Hill, but I hope it will be interesting to play.

I hope the same as it looks somewhat good from trailers and gameplay but not sure.

Edited by KANERKB

1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

I might not like tank controls but Re remaster has it and I played it completely from start to finish on my knife only run with it and didn't have much problems. but that is mostly due to playing sh games and re games. if that is the only problem well want to know what is the plot like and what there is and so on.

If you played a lot of RE and SH games, you shouldn't have an issue with tank controls in this game. Took me only a few minutes to get used to them again. Regarding the plot, don't expect anything near as good as RE or SH games. If you're grown up with these kind of games, it might me a nice throwback to the past, but that's it. There's only so much to explore and the puzzles aren't that tricky either.

1 minute ago, AvengedEvil said:

If you played a lot of RE and SH games, you shouldn't have an issue with tank controls in this game. Took me only a few minutes to get used to them again. Regarding the plot, don't expect anything near as good as RE or SH games. If you're grown up with these kind of games, it might me a nice throwback to the past, but that's it. There's only so much to explore and the puzzles aren't that tricky either.

ah hmm thanks gov, I think I might hold off on that game then as if it is not as good in terms of plot like the older ones at least one that drives you then I will wait for it to be cheaper. thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 14.7.2019 at 11:07 PM, qwerty407 said:

probably one of the worst game on PS4, like Superman 64 bad.

This. Played the game yesterday and was very disappointed. At first it looked very promising, but when I got to the first enemy, I knew this was going to be one of the dullest games I've ever played in my life. Back in 1995 is supposed to be a survival horror game, but it doesn't feel like one. There's no tension, no meaningful interaction with NPCs, nothing that makes the game actually enjoyable (the only exception being the container puzzle). I thought that the later sections of the game would be more interesting, so I kept playing until the end, but instead, the game just got weirder.

Spoiler

The part where Kent is revealed to suffer from dementia(?) and hallucinate the encounters with the monsters came out of nowhere. Actually, this is a pretty neat idea for a video game, but it's so terribly executed you just don't care for the main character or what happens to him at that point. Also, Kent's daughter: According to the game description, Kent is looking for his daughter, but in the game he just wants to get to the tower. Kent's daughter is only mentioned in the last level. Apparently, the developer was more concerned about getting the retro look right rather than the gameplay and plot.

To all of you who consider getting this game: Please don't. Buy Iconoclasts, Celeste or Shovel Knight instead. Unlike Back in 1995, those games are actually fun to play.

• Like 2