Most Rewarding Platinum/s in the past year?

#1. Super Meat Boy                      #2. Unravel 2                             #3. Dead Cells

1L200a6a.png     1Lfb03a0.png     1L767ec4.png

I liked all three games quite a bit.

Super Meat Boy was challenging but incredibly fun. I played this over the course of 6 months since it was my to-go game for short gaming sessions, and the platinum came together with a great feeling of satisfaction ?

Unravel 2 was a surprise announcement at E3 and I downloaded it immediately once the presentation was over. It's not all that challenging but it was great fun in couch-coop for a casual playthrough, and I did the speedruns using a speedrun-timer, which was super fun as well. 

Dead Cells is something special.. It was a fantastic game that I hear has changed dramatically with the latest update, I may go back to it at some point to check it out. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

I did the speedruns using a speedrun-timer, which was super fun as well. 

How did you turn on speedrun-timer? At the moment I earned the plat (march 2019) it was not possible and it's still one of the biggest complaints about the game.

For the topic I'd go for Downwell (earned february 2018)

40-platinum.png1Se25ccb.png40-platinum.png

It didn't have that much hard stuff to do, but beating hard mode was harder than everything I've done before, and made me just shout to the screen from joy. Only Super Meat Boy plat (earned this year) surpassed this feeling.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

1 minute ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

How did you turned on speedrun-timer? At the moment I earned the plat (march 2019) it was not possible and it's still one of the biggest complaints about the game.

Oh I didn't use an in-game speedrun timer, I defined my own splits on a web-based speedrun timer (I think I used "splitty"). There always was a bit of a difference since I had no way of knowing when exactly to start and stop the timer, but it made it fun nonetheless :) 

None too many that were difficult for me in the last year, I've been going pretty casual or cleaning up some old trophies. 

I'd probably say Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Loved the singe player, but breach mode can be a pain, was especially annoying when the servers went down for a few months earlier in the year. However getting 100% was very satisfying, I don't tend to go for DLC, especially a game that has that much of it, so it felt like a new accomplishment for me, rather than just another plat. 

Hmmm, I think I'm going to go with:

Dead Cells

Flame Over

Death Road to Canada

Enter the Gungeon

Each game was unique and very challenging in its own way. It is quite satisfying to get that Ultra Rare plat to pop on any game!

As of right now Deadcells,  it was my first Ultra rare and it just felt so good when I was finally able to pop it.  I am one trophy away from Slay the Spire as well and that will easily be my rarest plat and also most time consuming at 100+ hours.

Trackmania turbo. This was really difficult for me since racing isn't really my cup of tea. But i got it from ps+ and thought i try it. Game is fun but the black tracks are brutal. So really glad over this one. Think it took me 220 Hours!  

This is for 2018

Edited by Vergil
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Trackmania turbo. This was really difficult for me since racing isn't really my cup of tea. But i got it from ps+ and thought i try it. Game is fun but the black tracks are brutal. So really glad over this one. Think it took me 220 Hours! 

I'm right there at the moment, fucking hell is this game hard. The black series is just unforgiving... Same here, not usually playing racing games, so there you go ? Congrats on that one!

• Like 2

1La53c23.png

I Am Bread

1Lbb65bc.png

Surgeon Simulator

These two platinums in particular because they've helped me to become an extremely patient person in general and they helped me learn that you'll achieve anything if you just put the time into something and keep a level head. Despite that, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, these games try very hard to annoy you. xD

Edited by SlimSanta94

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

My reflexes are definitely not what they used to be so it took me longer than most to "git gud" enough to finish it. I just never gave up and got through it with sheer perseverance, a lot of luck, and admittedly a little slice of cheese. In the end it felt gratifying and worth the effort, and it helps that it's an amazing game. 

Mass Effect ~ Had to playthrough it so many times, I know it better then the back of my hands.

Hyperdimension Neptunia  ~ ???

The Escapists: The Walking Dead ~ The game was super unstable and I literally beat crashes with skill to get this one.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas ~ I was finally able to follow the damn train.

Rocketbirds PS Vita ~ The game was challenging yet fair. I'm glad I gave the game a second chance because I really enjoyed it. Playing the CO-OP campaign by myself with two Vitas was it's own special challenge.

Yomawari: Night Alone ~ I had to give my Vita a exorcism after playing.

London Detective Mysteria ~ The trophy list contains 9 gold trophies. 

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart ~ Maxing everyones lily ranks with each other was a absolute chore and took days. You get a trophy every character and the process gets quicker for every character you complete so ut wasn't too bad.

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies ~ I lost my save file twice (not the game's fault) and the second I lost my save I had only one trophy left. I played through the whole game again to get one trophy and the platinum.

Persona 4 Golden ~ I wasn't very efficient while playing this one and I kept missing trophies. It took about 4 clears to get this platinum.

Telltale Game of Thrones ~ I got everyone killed and the game still gave me a platinum. 

• Like 1