Drone Locations

Flukedit

As it seems that people are finding the drones at different locations, I figured I would record where I find the ones in my playthrough and make it available for others to reference and if others did the same and recorded them here, this thread could end up being collated at the some point.

Going by the numbers, it looks like there are more than 30 drones per playthrough, however I have no other information to be sure.

It also looks like they can be found at any landmark that is shown on the map.

Hopefully this helps at least somebody.

#0002 - Dead Diner - Exploration Location
#0003 - The Edge - Bandit Den
#0004 - Needle Falls Ark - Ark
#0005 - Panarmic Dreams - Exploration Location
#0006 - Chest Hollow - Bandit Den
#0006 - Spikewind Ark - Ark
#0009 - Recharge Station Alpha - Repowering Station
#0010 - Yeonman Growery - Bandit Den
#0015 - (WASNT PLANNING ATTENTION)
#0016 - Squelch - Bandit Den
#0017 - Forlorn Shack - Ranger Echo
#0018 - White Stop - Exploration Location
#0019 - McBoatface's Boatery - Bandit Den
#0020 - Bridge of Ned - Bandit Den
#0022 - Remnant - Ranger Echo
#0024 - Boombox - Pit Stop
#0025 - Shroaded Workshop - Bandit Den
#0026 - Fresh Juice Stop - Pit Stop
#0027 - Forward Command Post - Bandit Den
#0029 - Recharge Station Dawn - Repowering Station
#0030 - Lost Prospects - Bandit Den
#0031 - Roadside Splosion - Pit Stop
#0032 - Shoals - Bandit Den

For the locations below, these were the first I found, but hadn't thought to record the numbers as well.
------------------------------------------------
Hillside Roost - Exploration Location
Hard Top - Bandit Den
Green Side Lookout - Exploration Location
Dank Catacomb Ark - Ark
Gass Pass - Pit Stop
The Pain Drain - Crusher Next
Toxic Dump - Exploration Location

• Like 3

On 6/14/2019 at 5:28 AM, Flukedit said:

As it seems that people are finding the drones at different locations, I figured I would record where I find the ones in my playthrough and make it available for others to reference and if others did the same and recorded them here, this thread could end up being collated at the some point.

Going by the numbers, it looks like there are more than 30 drones per playthrough, however I have no other information to be sure.

It also looks like they can be found at any landmark that is shown on the map.

Hopefully this helps at least somebody.

#0002 - Dead Diner - Exploration Location
#0003 - The Edge - Bandit Den
#0004 - Needle Falls Ark - Ark
#0005 - Panarmic Dreams - Exploration Location
#0006 - Chest Hollow - Bandit Den
#0006 - Spikewind Ark - Ark
#0009 - Recharge Station Alpha - Repowering Station
#0010 - Yeonman Growery - Bandit Den
#0015 - (WASNT PLANNING ATTENTION)
#0016 - Squelch - Bandit Den
#0017 - Forlorn Shack - Ranger Echo
#0018 - White Stop - Exploration Location
#0019 - McBoatface's Boatery - Bandit Den
#0020 - Bridge of Ned - Bandit Den
#0022 - Remnant - Ranger Echo
#0024 - Boombox - Pit Stop
#0025 - Shroaded Workshop - Bandit Den
#0026 - Fresh Juice Stop - Pit Stop
#0027 - Forward Command Post - Bandit Den
#0029 - Recharge Station Dawn - Repowering Station
#0030 - Lost Prospects - Bandit Den
#0031 - Roadside Splosion - Pit Stop
#0032 - Shoals - Bandit Den

For the locations below, these were the first I found, but hadn't thought to record the numbers as well.
------------------------------------------------
Hillside Roost - Exploration Location
Hard Top - Bandit Den
Green Side Lookout - Exploration Location
Dank Catacomb Ark - Ark
Gass Pass - Pit Stop
The Pain Drain - Crusher Next
Toxic Dump - Exploration Location

There are at least 34 drones, but from what I can tell from experimenting there isn't a 35th or greater number.  Intel they drop is completely random though, so you could kill one and it drops intel 001.  Then reload a save right before killing that one and kill it again, but it may drop a different intel.  

Locations are random per playthrough too, but every drone has maybe 2 to 3 locations they spawn in when a new game is started.

Also, intel 006 seems to be bugged and doesn't save to your lore tab at all.  It will be there until you fast travel or reload a save.  The patch from yesterday may have fixed this, but with it being 13 GB I haven't been able to test it yet.  All I have left for drone intel is 006, I have 33 others and have not seen any intel past 34 drop from the one drone I have left and know the location of.  That one only drops 006, the one I'm missing.  Patch should be done downloading by the time I get home and I can test it. (Update: Intel 006 is still glitched after the patch.  I submitted a ticket to their support a few weeks back so maybe they'll fix it.)

This guide is still helpful though, since there is a better chance of finding them if you know the possible places to look.

Edited by Snake2410

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Has Intel #0006 been fixed yet or is it still buggy?

Tested it this morning and it is still bugged as of patch 1.06.  I'm going to submit another ticket to the devs and see if I get any feedback on it.  

Part of me wonders if it isn't an intentional trolling by the devs because the entry talks about the cloaking immortal shroud enemies being there for .05 seconds or something and then disappearing.  

Maybe this time I'll get some sort of feedback on it.

Anybody know if the glitched bounty icons is fixed?  I haven't tried to trigger it and reloaded my save from before I triggered it last time I had it happen.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Tested it this morning and it is still bugged as of patch 1.06.  I'm going to submit another ticket to the devs and see if I get any feedback on it.  

Part of me wonders if it isn't an intentional trolling by the devs because the entry talks about the cloaking immortal shroud enemies being there for .05 seconds or something and then disappearing.  

Anybody know if the glitched bounty icons is fixed?  I haven't tried to trigger it and reloaded my save from before I triggered it last time I had it happen.

That's disappointing :(. I can get this game relatively cheaply on Ebay so was thinking of picking up a copy but won't if I'm going to hit issues like this, that can potentially glitch the trophies.

10 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

That's disappointing :(. I can get this game relatively cheaply on Ebay so was thinking of picking up a copy but won't if I'm going to hit issues like this, that can potentially glitch the trophies.

14 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It doesn't glitch the trophy.  Just the drone intel log.  And it very well could be intentional that it disappears from the log and not a glitch.

The only thing it might do is make it take more drones for the trophy, but no more than 5 extra drones since the log has a chance of dropping from every drone you destroy even if you got it once already.  And how it counts them hasn't even been fully figured out yet, but I've never heard anyone not get the trophy for them because of it.

I submitted a second ticket just a bit ago so we'll see what they say.

Edited by Snake2410

• 1 month later...

Powerpyx and a bunch of other users put together a nearly complete list of all potential spy drone locations in each zone, and pictures/descriptions of where they will be located if they are there. I used this to get the trophy over the weekend, it was still a lot of work, but it sure was a lot easier than looking for them blindly.

http://www.powerpyx.com/rage-2-spy-drone-locations/ 

• Like 1