How to earn Sail The 7 Seas Trophy while bugged. (Downgrading/Complex Guide)

ICavv

Thanks so much! This was a huge help, couldn't figure out why it wouldn't pop after spending 4 hours trying to find them. It popped almost instantly. Cheers! Hopefully they fix it with a future patch cause that's ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 11:57 AM, IWondxrzI said:

I am having issues when copying the link because once I have copied it and clicked okay it does not change it. I reopen the map remote and everytime it goes back to the original path instead of the one I had copied

Hmm I haven't had this problem before. A Few things, you can clear your map remote history by clicking Tools>Map Remote>Remove. Secondly make sure you are editing the .json file and the map to section.

18 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Couldn’t get it to work... could never get an internet connection with the proxy & computer IP address entered ;/

When you first tried to connect the program to your PS4 did you ever get the message to allow or deny the connection popup inside of charles? If not make sure you are attempting to connect with your literal ip (IPv4) not external. if none of these are the problem it may be a firewall issue.

5 hours ago, ICavv said:

Hmm I haven't had this problem before. A Few things, you can clear your map remote history by clicking Tools>Map Remote>Remove. Secondly make sure you are editing the .json file and the map to section.

When you first tried to connect the program to your PS4 did you ever get the message to allow or deny the connection popup inside of charles? If not make sure you are attempting to connect with your literal ip (IPv4) not external. if none of these are the problem it may be a firewall issue.

I’ll try again tomorrow I guess..... I could see all the activity in Charles & was able to do the remote step, I’m pretty sure it was all good; pretty sure at one point I disabled my firewall & I don’t think it changed anything. It was weird; yesterday I got an internet connection but was still unable to install any updates....

On 2019-06-20 at 2:07 PM, ICavv said:

Yeah it was weird, I got the prompt & then got no connection on PS4 & accepted it, redid it & then it worked. Tried closing program after a while of it not downloading any updates despite it saying I had an internet connection. I’ll just wait til a patch is released. Shame I could’ve had fastest 100% ?

On 2019-06-23 at 8:50 AM, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Unable to connect to the internet sadly (using wired), but seems like a cool idea.

Had same problem. Even just regular updates that I hadn’t messed with wouldn’t connect. Thankfully an update will probably come in less then a month

hi, I am having problems with downloading minecraft the second time. I get this error message: " An error occurred on the server (HTTP Status Code : 503)(CE-40868-6)"

edit: Tried again and it worked! thank you! 

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Nope. As I said above, the last 3 patches were almost exclusively about stabilising the game and nuking the many crash bugs that exist.

How long do you think it will be until this is fixed?

1 hour ago, TBEvn said:

How long do you think it will be until this is fixed?

How long's a piece of string? Mojang and 4J are notorious for dragging their heels when it comes to fixing trophy glitches in this game (yet they nuke exploits in a heartbeat), thus it could take a few weeks or few months for them finally decide to fix this problem so don't get your hopes up for a quick fix.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, autamax said:

I tried so many hours for this trophy with recent update no luck :( Assuming If I downgrade how should I get this trophy. Try explore whole seas again? or is there any easy method with downgraded patch?

You have to rediscover all the ocean biomes from scratch, else they won't be recognised.

• Like 1

I can confirm this method works! Thank you very much for sharing this tutorial. At last I got my trophy YEAH :) I didn't even discover the all the ocean biomes. After the first 2 ocean biomes trophy popped. Took me 10 minutes. I think my previous save files registered the most of the biomes so have to trigger the trophy

Edited by autamax
  • Like 1