How to earn Sail The 7 Seas Trophy while bugged. (Downgrading/Complex Guide)

ICavv

5 hours ago, ICavv said:

Hmm, I have not seen this error code before nor is Google any help with it. A few suggestions I can tell you are, make sure to be using the right region's patch of the game and when editing the mapping of MINECRAFTPS40000-A0194-V0100.json make sure you are just typing text in the Map To section. Lastly if it is still not working you can clear all of your mapping data in Charles Proxy by clicking tools in the top header and going to Map Remote and removing all of the entered data.

Thanks for the help but I still can't get it to work? I'm definitely using the the correct link (Europe) as it matches with what appears on the proxy. I've doubled checked and I've definitlely entered everything else correctly but Minecraft will just not download for whatever reason :(

Thanks anyways. If anyone knows if this will be patched or if any other methods are available please let me know?

Thanks

1 hour ago, The_MartyJazzae said:

Thanks for the help but I still can't get it to work? I'm definitely using the the correct link (Europe) as it matches with what appears on the proxy. I've doubled checked and I've definitlely entered everything else correctly but Minecraft will just not download for whatever reason :(

Thanks anyways. If anyone knows if this will be patched or if any other methods are available please let me know?

Thanks

It will be fixed eventually but the devs are infamous for dragging their heals and taking months to fix trophy glitches :(.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

It will keep me away from completing the trophy list though :lol:

I guess i'll wait for a patch before i start it

Its a fun and addictive game, you shouldnt keep yourself from playing a great game because of a trophy, especially just a dlc trophy at that but To each his own

i hope it gets patched but i wont hold my Breath, theres always the extensive work around if i ever care to downgrade

On 2019-09-10 at 10:33 AM, Property_Damage said:

Its a fun and addictive game, you shouldnt keep yourself from playing a great game because of a trophy, especially just a dlc trophy at that but To each his own

i hope it gets patched but i wont hold my Breath, theres always the extensive work around if i ever care to downgrade

You don’t realize that most people on here don’t game for fun, they only do it to boost their trophy score. It sucks that the trophies glitched but I’ll gladly still play the game. 

23 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

"Atlantis?" is buggy as well and often refuses to pop when in co-op.

Yeah, some trophies can be quite buggy but the only unobtainable one is the 7 Seas.

• 1 month later...
On 20/07/2019 at 7:04 AM, Digital_FurbaII said:

100% this fixed it for both myself and a friend.

After spending over 8 hours in a boat, swimming around and trying different seeds, I gave up and did this method to downgrade to 1.90.

Trophy popped in about 20 minutes using the tutorial world and the seed called 'Skyshard' as used in the video by Trophy Grunt in the trophy guide.

One important thing I noticed was both myself and my mate got this trophy immediately as we returned to a coral biome, despite already visiting it several times earlier. 

66859494_2363434837038168_856202318868119552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmRoPDAH9pzYzM4RvMN6gDqWiDmmWOYr2d8xjojQIpjbPgbP-1l1BlbclEPpqbpBWs&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel5-1.fna&oh=5ee881d588747138d06f02dd41d29c66&oe=5DA5B2FF

Yessir, thanks! It worked. Now I only have the 100 days and map room trophy left.

On 14/06/2019 at 3:41 PM, ICavv said:

Hello Guys! Many of us have been having problems earning the trophy, "Sail The 7 Seas" in Minecraft on the latest patch version 1.92. I have found a temporary solution to earning this trophy for the time being. We are going to be downgrading to version 1.90, the patch that released this trophy set and its known working for unlocking. This is going to be a very detailed guide and if you’re not up for it you can always wait til the next update and see if Mojang fixes it that way.

Requirements:

Guide:

In order to downgrade the game we will have to delete the game from our system. So if you have saves not backed up to PS Plus or a USB do so now! If you are not comfortable with doing so you can always wait for an official fix in the future. 

1. Download Charles Proxy Server free trial in the link provided above.
  2. Run Charles, there are a few icons at the top toolbar. Click the last one to the right that is a gear icon. You should see a list of options popup, click Proxy Settings, now under the tab Proxies in the sub category HTTP Proxy there is a little box unchecked called "Enable transparent HTTP proxying" check it to the on position. Click ok to save at the bottom and leave program open.
  3. On your PS4 go to Settings>Network>Set Up Internet Connection> Wired or Wireless both work  but make sure if wireless you are on the same network as the PC.>After that choose custom, in the next section you can either set up your IP Address settings manually or automatic.>MTU Settings Automatic>Proxy Server USE. For the address you want to type your PC's IP Address. If you don't know how to find it open the command prompt and type ipconfig, you are looking for your IPv4 Address. After you have that done the Port Number is 8888. Click next and then test connection to see if all is working well. Now at this point on your PC, Charles Software will ask you to allow or deny the incoming connection you MUST allow it for this to work.
  4. Delete Minecraft from your PS4.
  5. Go to the PS Store and starting downloading Minecraft again but quickly pause it as we don't want the download to finish.
  6. In Charles you should see a bunch of links but the one we are looking for is http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net If you do not see it unpause the download and let it run for a few more seconds. Once you find it click the little + icon to the left of it. You will now see more folders click the + icon next to ppkgo. Next open of the f folder and you should see your CUSA number there, What ever version you have copy the link for file above in the Requirements section. We will use this for the next step.
  7. The first file you see should end in .json.(Example of the file name:MINECRAFTPS40000-A0194-V0100.json) Right click it and select map remote, it is one of the last options.
  8. You will now see an edit mapping box popup, head to the Map To section. Fill in the info as follows. Protocol: http  Host: gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net Port:80 Path: The link you copied from above earlier on Step 6. Query: Leave Blank. Double check all info and click OK.
  9. Now delete the paused Minecraft download and redownload it again. This time around it should be a smaller file size and be on Version 1.90!
  10. If everything worked successfully you can resetup your internet connection without the proxy and close the program down on your pc. If not try the steps again and it still not working comment below and maybe I can help you out.

Extras:

Big Thanks to @XxIsa-GxX and company for the original write up of this method!

It is also important to make sure the game doesn't automatically update you can either just play offline while earning the trophy, pause the update if it starts downloading, or uncheck automatic downloads options under settings on the PS4.

You can also use this method for other games that have glitched trophies as well, you just need the .json file which you can get from ps4database.io

You are the g man. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2019 at 4:41 PM, ICavv said:

Hello Guys! Many of us have been having problems earning the trophy, "Sail The 7 Seas" in Minecraft on the latest patch version 1.92. I have found a temporary solution to earning this trophy for the time being. We are going to be downgrading to version 1.90, the patch that released this trophy set and its known working for unlocking. This is going to be a very detailed guide and if you’re not up for it you can always wait til the next update and see if Mojang fixes it that way.

Requirements:

Guide:

In order to downgrade the game we will have to delete the game from our system. So if you have saves not backed up to PS Plus or a USB do so now! If you are not comfortable with doing so you can always wait for an official fix in the future. 

1. Download Charles Proxy Server free trial in the link provided above.
  2. Run Charles, there are a few icons at the top toolbar. Click the last one to the right that is a gear icon. You should see a list of options popup, click Proxy Settings, now under the tab Proxies in the sub category HTTP Proxy there is a little box unchecked called "Enable transparent HTTP proxying" check it to the on position. Click ok to save at the bottom and leave program open.
  3. On your PS4 go to Settings>Network>Set Up Internet Connection> Wired or Wireless both work  but make sure if wireless you are on the same network as the PC.>After that choose custom, in the next section you can either set up your IP Address settings manually or automatic.>MTU Settings Automatic>Proxy Server USE. For the address you want to type your PC's IP Address. If you don't know how to find it open the command prompt and type ipconfig, you are looking for your IPv4 Address. After you have that done the Port Number is 8888. Click next and then test connection to see if all is working well. Now at this point on your PC, Charles Software will ask you to allow or deny the incoming connection you MUST allow it for this to work.
  4. Delete Minecraft from your PS4.
  5. Go to the PS Store and starting downloading Minecraft again but quickly pause it as we don't want the download to finish.
  6. In Charles you should see a bunch of links but the one we are looking for is http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net If you do not see it unpause the download and let it run for a few more seconds. Once you find it click the little + icon to the left of it. You will now see more folders click the + icon next to ppkgo. Next open of the f folder and you should see your CUSA number there, What ever version you have copy the link for file above in the Requirements section. We will use this for the next step.
  7. The first file you see should end in .json.(Example of the file name:MINECRAFTPS40000-A0194-V0100.json) Right click it and select map remote, it is one of the last options.
  8. You will now see an edit mapping box popup, head to the Map To section. Fill in the info as follows. Protocol: http  Host: gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net Port:80 Path: The link you copied from above earlier on Step 6. Query: Leave Blank. Double check all info and click OK.
  9. Now delete the paused Minecraft download and redownload it again. This time around it should be a smaller file size and be on Version 1.90!
  10. If everything worked successfully you can resetup your internet connection without the proxy and close the program down on your pc. If not try the steps again and it still not working comment below and maybe I can help you out.

Extras:

Big Thanks to @XxIsa-GxX and company for the original write up of this method!

It is also important to make sure the game doesn't automatically update you can either just play offline while earning the trophy, pause the update if it starts downloading, or uncheck automatic downloads options under settings on the PS4.

You can also use this method for other games that have glitched trophies as well, you just need the .json file which you can get from ps4database.io

Hello ! 

I have the same problem as other. I do everything as written, but when it's time to download 1.90, the console tries to download 1.95 ....
And I get :

(HTTP Status Code : 400)
(CE-40848-4)

Does anybody have a solution ? :/

EDIT : I just got the trophy !

I figured out my problem : during the mapping part i did not get that i was not supposed to put the full link in the path thing, just this part : /gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA00265_00/152/f_7cecbc63b886db44717cb42ba6e90fb475e14a3ba117bf8dd4adc138c1df8ce3/f/EP4433-CUSA00265_00-MINECRAFTPS40000-A0190-V0100.json

When i sorted that out it updated my 1.00 Bluray version of Minecraft to 1.90 even tho the update downloading was saying 1.95.

Then i created a world with the Skyshard seed, went to every coords in the video, loaded the tutorial and jumped in the middle part of the map and boom, TROPHY :)

Thank you @ICavv !

Edited by joshlabrioche_